Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - Dec/Jan 2005

Who will hand Langley their first defeat of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skippy,
I admire your enthusiasm but I'm enjoying the cold snap and a bit of indoor fun...must be losing my edge. :rolleyes:

beep test followed by get scored on , have a seat!

the real question:who won last night... shirts, yellows, or reds?...and which one were you?

let it snow for just a bit
:wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Newton and Cloverdale both have and will again have the snow blowers taken to them in an effort to get some games in this weekend. Problem is, the nice day time temp. is melting the left over snow...what's the problem you ask? I'm glad you did. That snow turn water, freezes before it gets a chance to melt away.

I don't get it.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's much easier to get blown in Newton or Cloverdale as opposed to Langley where you have to wait and do it yourself. I would have thought my point was rather obvious.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rescheduled games

Noticed a couple of make-up games scheduled for next weekend, along with the first round of Pak Cup. Both Friday night affairs.

GEU vs PAU @ Albion Pk.

Chilliwack vs Delta Metro @ Exhibition Pk.

What do these fields look like now?, and what is the likelihood the games will be played?

~Skip

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bring your boat. We'll either be hosting the America's Cup or playing Water Polo instead.

Very, very doubtful for a game this week if the weatherman is correct.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumours swirling now about a new turf feild in Maple Ridge that might be used. Any truth? We'd hate to play your skillfull side on a surface such as that. ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah it's the same one they gave us in October to practice and play on.
Oh wait, they haven't given it to us yet.
:rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Swirling rumours are true!

Holy S**T. Just listened to voicemail and we are practicing on THE turf tomorrow night and will be playing on it on Friday!
Looks like them game is on!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's the New Turf field location. Not far from the Grass Fields.
It's about 2 minutes from the Ferry if your coming that way.
1min from grass fields. Just go the other direction on the street to leads into the Grass fields parking lots.
Turf is behind the new Samuel Robertson Technical School.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
7:30pm kick-off in Maple Ridge!!??

This is not do-able for us. My understanding is, there was an agreement at the last league meeting whereby teams east of Langley had to book 8:00pm times due to teams simply not being able to commute from the city and get there on time. We've got too many guys coming from Kits, Vancouver, Burnaby and Richmond.

Apparently, the lights are turned off on this new turf field at 9:30pm to appease the locals living nearby, so they say they have to start at 7:30pm. What?, are the cows kept up too late by the lights??? :rolleyes:

Brutal!

~Skip

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't complain to us, complain to the locals there. We hate it as much as you do.
Not much we can do about it though. That i know of.

Guess you forfeit then.
:)

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
7:30pm kick-off in Maple Ridge!!??
This is not do-able for us. My understanding is, there was an agreement at the last league meeting whereby teams east of Langley had to book 8:00pm times due to teams simply not being able to commute from the city and get there on time. We've got too many guys coming from Kits, Vancouver, Burnaby and Richmond.
The way traffic has been the last two days Skip, I would leave now! ;) It has taken me about 2hrs each day to get from Surrey to Maple Ridge.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those that know the Coquitlam/Poco area, it took me 45minutes to get from Coquitlam Centre to Shaugnessy last night.

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
YES YODA 3 HRS HOME FROM N.WEST TO M.RIDGE LAST NIGHT.FKUCIN LOVELY. APPARENTLY THE NEW FIELD IS A GO..I CANT BELIEVE WE GOT A TIME ON THE FIELD TO PLAY.SKIP I UNDERSTAND THE GAME TIME THING BUT THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO AND WE KEPT THE SAME TIME @ ALBION AS WELL.SHOULD BE INTERESTING ON FRIDAY NIGHT FOR GEU TO SAY THE LEAST :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Late schedualing and times of make up games

GEU vs PAU = last minute schedualing by FVSL
Apparently last year the league agreed to no more game times prior to 8pm in the GEU and Chilliwack areas??? I am obviously not tight with the league exec. but have a funny feeling they will ignore this and force PAU to field a team of 7 or 8 for 7:30pm!!! :rolleyes: First off most guys work until atleast 5:30/6pm in Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond... It is not fair nor is it right for GEU to get such an advantage for home game times... (save the we can't do anything about it)... The League should be forcing clubs like yours and others without proper facilities to have this all sorted before the season starts!!! Change rooms, alternate fields with times and so on should "already be sorted" months ago!!! Also, for PAU many guys have plans to work now due to our so-called bye weekend!!! Personally I think this would be another "bush league" scar on the face of the FVSL if they forced our hand... I realise they want to get matches in, but maybe giving lads with rotating work scheduals a couple of weeks notice, rather than less than a week before the match saying "oh, GEU now have a turf facility"...

Yoda stated 2 days ago
"Bring your boat. Very, very doubtful for a game this week if the weatherman is correct."

The weather forcast this week is for nothing but rain until Friday (we all know how quickly they close Albion)... Hence our players not trying to get shifts covered or book nights off because of a week notice make up game!!! (we all need to pay bills and FVSL is not going to do this for us).

GEU and PAU have played 2 more matches than Langley and Chilliwack, so their stance on "we must games these games in" doesn't wash!!! Furthermore, we also allowed SUFC to cancel our game in early January, because they couldn't field a team due to a wedding... I'd say PAU should have a leg to stand on with the league and hopefully they understand work comes first (not some mates wedding) and won't make us play short handed as these are all important points for us and against a team going NO WHERE in the standings... ;)

I'd like to hear from non-bias league officials like PNE or Whistlerblower on this...

Cheers, Guinness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0