Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - Dec/Jan 2005

Who will hand Langley their first defeat of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does Chilliwack have to play games in Surrey at the same times? or do they have different game times?
I know a lot of the players work until 5-6 pm in places like Sardis...

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HEY GUINESS IT IS FUNNY HOW THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO GEU LAST YEAR.AS I RECALL GEU WAS FORCED TO PLAY A HOME GAME @ CLOVERDALE ATHLETIC PARK ON TURF ON SHORT NOTICE WHEN POINTS WERE IMPORTANT TO GEU AGAINST A TEAM GOING NOWWHERE IN THE STANDINGS :rolleyes: :rolleyes: OH YES THAT TEAM WAS PAU IF I RECALL.FOR THE MATTER OF TIME CHANGES DMU HAS CHANGED NOT ONLY THEIR TIME BUT THE DAY THEY PLAY ON HALF WAY THRU THE YEAR FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS.HOW MUCH SENSE DOES THAT MAKE :rolleyes:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
Does Chilliwack have to play games in Surrey at the same times? or do they have different game times?
I know a lot of the players work until 5-6 pm in places like Sardis...
Guinny is trying to say that because his teammates work in Big City places like Vancouver, Burnaby, and Richmond... and they live in fancy places like Kits and Yaletown... that they are inherently more important that people that live and work deep in the valley.

Hope that clears things up... carry on.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: FVSL scheduling & the clubs without control

Sixfyv, you pretty much hit the nail on the head!!! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by CAPS LOCK
WHEN POINTS WERE IMPORTANT TO GEU AGAINST A TEAM GOING NOWWHERE IN THE STANDINGS OH YES THAT TEAM WAS PAU IF I RECALL.
You mean the team that beat you last year??? :rolleyes:

Bottom line: It is bush to force teams into these situations regardless if you work in Sardis, Vancouver or Alaska!!! I realise PAU have no friends and you bastards all have no sympathy for us, but lets be honest here the way this match has been so-called scheduled is absolute shite!!!

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Guinness

Quit whineing you big baby! All the teams on this side of the river hate going over the to Surrey , White Rock , Langley because of the same thing but you deal with it!

Cheers
Rex

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: There are teams on the another side of the river?

Originally posted by It sounded good in my head before I typed it
All the teams on this side of the river
Yes you're right Rex, why don't you play with yourself then!!! :rolleyes:

~Big Baby

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
can said:
FOR THE MATTER OF TIME CHANGES DMU HAS CHANGED NOT ONLY THEIR TIME BUT THE DAY THEY PLAY ON HALF WAY THRU THE YEAR FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS.HOW MUCH SENSE DOES THAT MAKE :rolleyes:

It makes all kinds of sense if you are in my shoes... :p

Looks like we are kayaking out to Chilliwack this Friday..?

Game is on as far as I know.

Cheers

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who wants to start a petition to have Premier and CAT play every sunday one after the other, and play against the same team. It seems to work out with PAU every year where their home games have CAt then Premier play right after. Would probably solve the problems.

Everyone has complaints about Friday night games whether it's 7:30 at GEU, 8:00 in Chilliwack, or 9:00 at Poco or GN. I hate playing at 9:00 at GN because you don't get home until 11:30, or Chilliwack at 8:00 get's me home about the same time.
Imagine being Chilliwack and having to drive to games against GN or Delta!

Point being every team is in the same boat with making Friday night games so why complain about it.
If players can't make it on time, call up your CAT players to fill in for the first 20minutes like everyone else does. Your on good terms with you CAT team aren't you Guinny?

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not many people whining, well, maybe just one.
The point is this game was scheduled until a day or so ago. Not much notice for people who have weekend jobs. Not everyone works that 9 to 5. And if they do, moving back the time 1/2 hour doesn't help much.
It would have helped huge if they gave more of a notice so players could make arangements.

also adding, this weather we are having is supposed to continue on, including friday. It takes a while to get anywhere right now, let alone rush hour traffic coming from downtown for many.
If anything the game should have been pushed up to 8:30 to make it easier for travelling. Either way, i can't make it. I thought we had a bi week. Didn't plan staffing for a game happening. :eek: ;)

How is the chilliwack/delta game gonna be played with this weather on there grass field?
I can't see that one being played. Maybe they will find a last min. turf field and push up the time to 7:00. I am sure that would work out great for them.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lion,

Tell Guinness to talk with his boss, and if the boss doesn't give him the time off, kick him in the cnut. While he's at it, kick Nathan too.

Yoda: perfect world stuff. Sceduling isn't that simple, and availability isn't that predictable. Bottom line to whiners: quit your bitching. If it isn't cnuting changerooms...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy shite Guinness, it would probably have taken less time for you to change your shift, drive to the ridge and play your bloody game than it did for you write that moan. Holy fcuk, what a whopper... How much time do you guys need to sort your shite out anyway? Chances are your boss is sitting on your couch drinking your beer. Ask him now. How many of the two you has this affected? The 9-5ers are in for a 1.5 drive no matter what time it is. If they have half a brain, like you, they'll have a late lunch have their kit bag waiting, like a good kit bag would, in the trunk and head straight out after work. God forbid they miss one night of Simpson's reruns.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So as you can see, it sucks.
I think I was more stating then whining. It's sucks and I told you people why it did. If this was your case it would suck for you too.

I am not drinking beer. Not for all Jan. one of those months.

If you would like to know why it is hard to sort the shite out, pm me. It really is diffucult. for one, i am actually losing 2 workers cause of fridays game, excluding me. ;) :eek:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: moan, rant, whinge or piss about

Regardless of what TTP's elite will call it (and by elite I mean wankers with nothing better to do eith their time) make up games during bye weeks with changing times and venues is absolute BUSH!!! I could careless who benifits and who gets burned when shite like this happens, the point is more and more of these bandaid decisions gives the FVSL another black eye... They open themselves up to contraversy and usually take a shot to the gob in the process...
I can see the round table discussion right now... I won't mention any names...
"How do we get teams to play their postponed matches?"
"Simply tell them a few days in advance and have the time and location changed"... "Chances are, we won't need to worry about it anyway!"
Yes, that's how to run the league!"

Fcuk everyone over and hopefully gain much deserved respect in return... Nicely!!! :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Far be it for me to defend the league, but talk about wearing rose colored glasses.

Guinness...where the hell have you been for the past couple of months? First of all, there were a number of games, in all divisions postponed due to weather before the break. In the last month, we've had nothing but cancellations. The league has a limited schedule, and has to get games in. Honest to God, you're way off on this one. You're bitching and moaning because you have to miss a game because of work. Boo fcuking hoo. You're not the first one...even the "9-5ers" have had to miss the odd match because their jobs require them to sometimes travel on the weekend. On another note, YOU CHOOSE to work in an industry that requires evening shifts!

Seriously, just shut it. The only one looking bush here is you.

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I am not mistaken the fvsl web site has designated Jan 21-23 for Cup and Make up games.Secondly Lion this game has been on the schedule as a make up game for atleast a week now,along with the Langley/Chwk game.Every one whines and bitches about Albion being closed all the time yet this is the only home game that has been postponed on Geu's schedule. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LION said:
I am not drinking beer. Not for all Jan. one of those months.
LION said:
I thought we had a bi week.

First you leave your buddies, the Lions... then you stop drinking beer... now you are tinkering with your sexuality... Man. Things have changed in your camp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0