Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - Dec/Jan 2005

Who will hand Langley their first defeat of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think you're on to something here bulljive.

It has everything to do with Canada's poor world ranking in soccer.

That's right, it's FIFA's fault GEU has no changerooms!

DAMN YOU SEPP BLATTER!!!!!!!!!

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
the new GEU turf field isnt done. Its just at a point where they are letting mens teams play on it. Full bleachers and 2 sets of changerooms with showers are still in progess.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU 2 - ND Lions 0

PK in the first half and the finisher in the second. ND had a few chances but couldnt' finish. Good game and good win for GEU. On to the next week where it's.......ND again!

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
GEU 2 - ND Lions 0

PK in the first half and the finisher in the second. ND had a few chances but couldnt' finish. Good game and good win for GEU. On to the next week where it's.......ND again!

Both goals were in the second half, and IMO, the pk was questionable but well hit. I thought we deserved a point, but when you don't score and every cross that gets put across is right into millsy's hands, it's not helping anything.

golangleygo

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
joely_the_goalie said:
Both goals were in the second half, and IMO, the pk was questionable but well hit. I thought we deserved a point, but when you don't score and every cross that gets put across is right into millsy's hands, it's not helping anything.

golangleygo

Sorry both goals in second half. You are absolutely right. Guess that tells you where i was during the game.
:)
To be honest, most of the people on our side of the stands thought the handball was on our forward. I didn't even see your guy hand ball it.

Not much you can do with those PK's.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Iplaysoccer said:
Whalley 2 Delta 2
PNE with a JUNK call to send off the Delta keeper about 30 mins into the first half. ;) :D

Unbelievably, this lit a fire under delta... and they soon scored to go up 1-0.

An evenly played match for the remainder... with both teams having chances to seal it in the dying moments. Both keepers came up with fantastic saves at the end to preserve a tie.

Disappointing for Delta, but we will take the point under the circumstances.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 2 Whalley 2

A game today that both teams could've won with some clutch finishing but all in all a tie is a fair result on the day.

Our day was made much tougher when sixfyv was tossed 20 mins into the game for a professional foul.

I know striker12 and the rest of the Whalley boys will agree that today's officiating crew had an absolute shocker. The bad calls went both ways and needless to say there was a lot of moaning about the poor form.

Our PK was questionable and I'm still perplexed as to how Whalley was awarded a throw in when their guy clearly knocked the ball off the park. Delta was moving up the field, Whalley grabs the ball, puts it in play and a couple of quick passes the ball's in the net - perhaps a makeup call :rolleyes:

Anyhow in tough next week vs GN without our big man between the pipes....

4ST OUT!!! :knvb: :knvb:

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see that LFC has taken the high road today when he could have come on here and said I told you so. I have a list of excuses a couple of pages long as to why the score line is what it was but that would be talk of losers and would take away from where credit is due. Langley are deserving of their top spot and today they displayed poise and broke us down methodically.......based on our lineup we decided to play a 4-5-1 and give Langley most of the possession but limit their chances and try to convert our chances .....first half we did a decent job of that as Langley had some cracks but only a few quality scoring chances on net . Langley went up 1-0 with about 10-15 left in the half. Second half they made some adjustments and really started to push the ball forward a lot more. They scroed the second 10 mins into the second and as we tired they finished perfectly for another 3 in the last 30. Unfortunetly for us that some of our players don't know how to navigate outside of Surrey and could not find the pitch ......others just no-showed otherwise we may have had some legs towards the second half.

Our goal today was to steal points and gain some respectability....I thought we did that in the first half and gave ourselves a chance, but they wheels came off in the second. I have to give props to our 6 Cat players who stepped in to play at the last minute, they battled hard against one of the top squad in the valley. Too bad we could not sustain the play of the first 45 for full 90.
:(

We are gonna bounce back and hopefully play our best game next week. There are still 3 games left and we are still in race to stay up. We know that our props will come when we get our house in order and play to the level we are capable of.

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
skip said:
Delta Metro vs Whalley Storm (Fri. 7:30pm, JO)

My hunch is, this one will be lop-sided. Crafty's crew will undoubtedly be the fitter of the two sides after the lengthy break. Also, the home field advantage should play a factor.

Skip, you were waaayy off man. Delta looked tired from the start. We were all over them from the beginning and kept pressing. Probably had 10 corners before Kerr had the breakaway from half, beating the keeper and taken down for the automatic red. It was just outside the eighteen and I fcuked up the free kick so the game remained scoreless.

I think Delta scored in the last minute of the half on one of their few shots. A midfielder gave it away and the Delta striker was taken down in the box. The PK was converted.

The second half we came out hard, scored 10 minutes in and the rest off the way we just didn't capitlalize on our many chances. Delta's replacement keeper was actually amazing and made half a dozen diving saves to keep them in it...

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker12 said:
Skip, you were waaayy off man. Delta looked tired from the start. We were all over them from the beginning and kept pressing. Probably had 10 corners before Kerr had the breakaway from half, beating the keeper and taken down for the automatic red. It was just outside the eighteen and I fcuked up the free kick so the game remained scoreless.

I think Delta scored in the last minute of the half on one of their few shots. A midfielder gave it away and the Delta striker was taken down in the box. The PK was converted.

The second half we came out hard, scored 10 minutes in and the rest off the way we just didn't capitlalize on our many chances. Delta's replacement keeper was actually amazing and made half a dozen diving saves to keep them in it...
psssst... you were up a man for 70 mins

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker12 said:
Probably had 10 corners before Kerr had the breakaway from half, beating the keeper and taken down for the automatic red.

6'5",
You'll have to give Millsy some pointers on how to take a guy down outside the box, get a red, and be a good sport about it. Apparently this happens quite often to Whalley and he may need to know if we meet up again if Whally can get past the Black Knights in Cup.

No complaints Striker12 on the keepers tactics?

yodamaybeopeningupacanofworms

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well........the game out at South Surrey Athletic today may have resembled an NHL All-Star game more than a football match:

East (PAU) 7 - West (GN) 4

Not a great display by either side obviously, especially from the defensive perspective. GN went up 2-0 in the first 25 minutes, but we tied it up before the half. Traded goals early in the second, and then PAU added 4 more before letting one in late in the game.

The fans really got their money's worth today, what with all the offense and all. :rolleyes: Lion won the All-Star MVP award, with a hat-trick, and drove the new car home straight from the pitch. Gretzky's got nothing on you baby!

Hope we can play a little better defensively next week against Sporting.

Out.

~Skip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0