Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - February 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley to get thier first loss, in league play, to us tonight.
Can't wait to watch.......i mean play.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Langley to get thier first loss, in league play, to us tonight.
Can't watch to watch.......i mean play.

You mean wait don't you Yoda? :D Are you playing at the "we shut down at 9pm field?"

Too stay off topic, Yoda found a couple unreal courses in Mayan Riviera last week that you and your downright beautifully tempo'd swing would love.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
speaking of penny... the delta boys have carefully selected the squad... out of a roster of 18, the youngest player is 30 (yours truely)... oldest is 42... average around 36... and we have 5 goalies.

look for sixfyv to be up front!!!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes i did, and it has been corrected. Thanks HB.

Send over the links, i'll book my hotel and meet you there.

Off to Nevada Bobs to check out a new driver for the year.

SixFyv, just remember you can't use your hands on the rest of the field.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley-3 GEU-0

Langley controlled this game from start to finish and simply out ran out played GEU. We had nothing to offer tonight as I don't think we had even a shot on net. Man marking was horrible and when we got the ball it was forced up front where nobody was. There shortest player maybe 5ft 4 scored on a header from a cross that's how bad it was. And here I thought the baby blue keepers jersey would bring some luck :rolleyes:.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed Girth, simply outplayed tonight. It's a little disheartening, and takes a little out of you right from the start when you have 12 guys to play the game with, including an injured keeper. Also hurt not having the control of JH in the middle too.
Personally, frustration was at a peak for me tonight when 2 guys, who haven't played a game all season, started tonight while i watched from the sidelines. Really makes it hard to come sometimes. But after pushing the CAT system and always saying I'd do my part, i'll continue to support them anyway i can. "It's just nice to on the park"
Then again, maybe it's because i have shocking games like i did tonight. Who really knows.

From start to finish we were never in the game. Although, it helps when you give them a free one to start off with hey Girth? ;)

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN 4- Poco 1

Good game tonight, with all the scoring in the first half, Aman Sohal with 2 for us, with Paul Bolina & Sunny Uppal adding one each.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wack 4 - 2 Delta

I had a monumental shitting of the bed and take full responsiblity for the loss. Congratulations to the Rapids for (all but) securing the second place spot. Best of luck in the provincials.

To add insult to injury, most of our team goes to Dukes afterwards... and the Rapids eat the dinner i ordered. When I ask the waitress what is going on, she tells me that she accidentally gave it to their table... and that the kitchen is now closed and there is nothing she can do.

Thanks to the wack boys for the pitchers... but i would have rather had my Duke Burger. What prick ate that anyways?

A long, embarassed, hungry, pissed-off drive home.

Big Ern

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh Sh*t, was that your burger??
Sorry 'bout the "always classy" service at Duke's. Don't know what could have happened??
Cheers to the Delta boys for stickin' around for a few pints! Always good to mingle with the enemy.
Congrats to LFC2 and the rest of the boys for all but sealing the deal!

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-0 langley over geu.well deserved win for langley,who showed why they are unbeaten to this late point in the season.no emotion for geu with what yoda quoted as being bang on.11 players which of 2 starters havent played in a very long time and missing millsy and h-dog did not help obviously as well.I wasn't very impressed the first time around this season with langley as I thought we deserved a better result,yet last night they controlled from start to finish..congrats for the win and 1st place..on to whalley next week for cup play???and if so hope geu is ready to go cause that is all we have to play for now :( :(

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey "65"....sorry to hear about your Dukes burger....let me guess, you "didn't see it coming and before you knew it, it was over your head" and right to Big Ern.

Fella, sounds like you're getting chipped more than a tree at a loggers convention. Better start makin' some saves or come up with some more Protests.

Good decision to eat the burger Big Ern, otherwise, it would have been a right mess for the waitress if she had given it to "65"....I'm pretty confident he would have just dropped it anyway.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knees United said:
Better start makin' some saves or come up with some more Protests.
i did make one decent save on the night... it just happened to be with my cokc. still hurts, BTW. :mad: :eek: :D

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
star #1 said:
GN 4- Poco 1

Good game tonight, with all the scoring in the first half, Aman Sohal with 2 for us, with Paul Bolina & Sunny Uppal adding one each.

Not surprising given their form last week against Langley.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild said:
I'm listening.................. :D You have to hate those Lower body injuries, I am a Dr. Maybe with more info I could help out.. ;)

If you call setting up booths in the mall, giving away free bendy pens, and providing free back cracks being a "Doctor", then I guess you're a doctor. ;)

Good too see Langley could keep things afloat while the all important 19th starter was soaking up the rays in the Abacos. I'm actually looking forward to training on Tuesday to catch up with the boys. Chuck's been cheating on me, if I understand the e-mail's. His "wife" is expecting. Curse you Chuck, you handsome devil! :mad:

No fcuk off if you would please, I'm busy. I fear my inbox.

~Dr. Dust.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Whalley 2 PAU 1

The match was not of the highest quality, but there was some good intense battles through out the pitch... Whalley finished there chances and we missed a few of ours (again)... They battle hard and fight tooth and nail for everything they get... I thought we controlled the second half and were unlucky not to tie it up or even win... On the day they seemed to want it more...
HOWEVER, I've never seen anything like the amount of stick the ref got after every call... We all have a go at him here and there in the heat of the moment, but to continually argue and bitch about every call is a bit much... A couple of years ago GEU were known for the same type of gurning, but tonight was brutal...
#6 - "that had to be a yellow! "
#4 - "you're a chicken shite Andy!"
#17 - "that's a bloody joke ref!"
#12 - "are you kidding me?" (insert daft looking smile)
#12 - "he fouled me first!" (insert goofy grin)
#12 - "where's the card?" (insert mopey mouth)
#12 - "shut the fcuk up cainy!" (directed to the coach on the sidelines)
FOLLOWED by a goofy grin, mopey mouth and daft smile!!! (embarassing really). :rolleyes:

I know and like most of the lads on the Storm, but to hear them cry like babies (and they're big boys to boot) is shoc-king!!! :eek: Good luck against GEU, I hope we get past Delta and meet Whalley in the semi's!!!

Peace out

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Whalley, who on the night played with much more fire in their bellies, and deserved the win. The Pakenham Cup is now PAU's only route into the BC's. Thankfully, Hos' third yellow taken last night will mean he sits vs the Sikhs, and NOT vs Delta in the quarters.

Upcoming league games this weekend from the FVSL website:

March 4 - 6
Fri
Premier Poco City Dominion Whalley Storm 9:00PM Gates Park Turf
Premier GN Sporting Club Chilliwack Rapids TBA
Sat
Premier Langley United Premier North Delta Lions 7:00PM Mun Athl Park - Oval
Premier Delta Metro United GEU Ultra 2:15PM John Oliver

Sun
Premier Peace Arch United SUFC Red Devils 12:00PM South Surrey Athl 05

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley 2 Peace Arch 1

Guinness, you are correct. All the lads got together after the match and signed a card of apology to the officials. We realised that we dont want to come across as the ONLY team in the league that has something to say to the ref.
We realise that during a big match things are said...but we went over the top. All the boys hope that even in the glory of VICTORY we did'nt offend anyone.

The only thing that would of made us feel better was if you lot had of scored in the FOUR MINUTES of made up injury time (is'nt there actually supposed to be an injury?)

P.S. Insert sarcasm anywhere you want in this!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0