Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] - Results & Banter - Nov. 04'

Who will hand Langley their first loss of the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Ern,
That is not a threat. If you read the sentence before, I asked when the league would stop sending that ref out....... do we have to wait till someone breaks there legs or he gets the F beat out of him. When will they see it?
understand??

Anyways, I am sure you got my point as I got yours. But I am happy to see that we got this going on a public forum that the league hopefully reads. It's a start.

done for now.
LION

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks...
Well it was the same guy from game 1, whally vs lions.
we called him tin poh then. Is this correct Joely, Striker 12 ??

Train

Oct 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't know what to think of the stories I heard of Millsy breaking Mario's leg. Then the next year I played against Millsy and watched him try and break Utah's leg. Utah put the ball up and over Millsy, and he came out two footed, the top foot being knee height. Most keepers try to get square to the player and try to put a shoulder on it or something. Millsy you got a different style, and not a very respectable one at that.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
'Wack

To change the topic (desperately),

You know what's funny? (funny-strange, not funny-ha ha)

All of this talk about Langley's unbeaten record... and about the "Nation" rebuilding (or "The Rock" or "The Arch" or whatever name they are going by today), Millsy's BLOODTHIRSTY goaltending tactics :rolleyes:, Sandro's scoring ability, and GNs mittens, while VERY LITTLE has been brought up about Chiliwack all this time.

They are the team at the top of the standings.

The Wack have ONE loss on the season... and it was their FIRST game. In addition, they have scored 32 goals (nearly 3 per game... i know because i'm a mathologist) and allowed only 15. Perhaps we should focus a little less on the "shocking" officials and Dude's affinity for the Mistress of the Middle East, and more on the fact that Chilliwack has quietly managed to retain points from every match since their opening loss.

What is this team doing to be so successful? Where are they dangerous? What is the big difference from last year?

Inquiring minds especially ones who play them this weekend need to know.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good point Sixfyv,

Chilliwack are a good mix of youth and vetran players. I think they've found a good chemistry more that anything. They have some quick, jinky guys who come at you hard and fast down the flanks. They have some danger up from with Slaner. He is the type of player who will do nothing all game, and then score two in the final 10 minutes to get his team the win. They've got a great mix of grit and style, and with Cam running all day through the middle they are a tough team to pin down.

Good luck against them this Friday. It'll be a good test for your side.

~S

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:mad: well done geu/cat/div #1 team on the weekend to come back and get the win ,after a shocking week before. 30th b-day trip was great until the way home :mad: word of advise to all ttpers never fly with america west airlines. absolutely shocking..

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sixfyv,

I guess some good news for you guys would be that Cam was injured for our match last week and on crutches. Now Chilli is a tough team, and I don't think we saw their full lineup, so don't take this to be accurate scouting report. Their two outside backs have some good speed......center of their defense is very good in the air, so keep the ball on the ground and your strikers should lay the ball off to your attacking mid if you want to have success. Chilli defends and attacks in numbers but they can get caught.....I think they are very dangerous on the free kicks which they love to flick on to the back post.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sorry but i've never known Millsy or anyone "try" to break someones leg. I seen some dirty players, cheap shots, blatant hacks and knocks, but i don't think i've ever seen anyone "try" to break a leg. Train, i'm assuming that your a keeper and you know what it's like to be in his position?

SixFyv,
Maybe you can shed some light on goalkeeping tactics and what you might do in these situations. Would you slide out feet first?
Curious to get a goalkeepers point of view.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If he is smaller than me, then i go in cleats up just below the knee.

If he is bigger than me, then i get the hell out of the way. Fortunately, i have not met too many 6'6" strikers.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exactly what i'd expect from a Delta keeper. :D
See Train, that's what every keeper does. If your getting burned break a bone while your there so they'll never do it again.
:eek:
You didn't hear me screaming and yelling when your CAT keeper punches me in the head yesterday on a header did you?
Of course i was seeing stars and there was a loud ringing in my ear but what's he supposed to do just stand there and try to make the save? No, he's gonna put a body on me and go for the ball with whatever part of the body he can.

Unless your playing against SixFyv, i wouldn't expect that anyone including keepers are out to break legs.
Hell if i were a keeper and had a player coming at me on a breakaway, i'd either go for the ball, and if that's not an option get a piece of the player with whatever i can to slow him down. If it ends up being my studs in your chin, so be it, but i bet there would be no goal scored.

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought that it was a general understanding between forwards and keepers that keepers usually slide... so if you don't want to get hurt, jump. If you don't care and just run right into the guy, then take your lumps.

What did you expect?

If a keeper was trying to hurt you he could have just jumped into you elbows and knees flying.

Am i wrong here or...?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
skip said:
Good luck against them this Friday. It'll be a good test for your side.
With their place in the standings the best test for them would be to just keep the crayon inside the lines...
Can said:
30th b-day trip was great until the way home word of advise to all ttpers never fly with america west airlines. absolutely shocking..
Dude, would you like to insert the LFC dance thread joke here or shall I?

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nukes said:
Now that's pretty strong studs, all I'm saying is that mistakes happen, I wouldn't want to be a ref, and that in most cases we have the best refs that are available on a given day.

Actually nukes what you said was we have the best refs in Canada

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm weighing in on the keeper coming out for a ball topic. I'm bigger than everyone else on the park and there is no such thing as a 50/50 ball when i go for it. It's my ball and your just in my way.

Yet you still have numpty forwards who want to leave cleats in or throw an elbow on the way by etc. . When that happens i get might miffed and i will leave items out for the offending gentlemen to learn his lesson. I'm not put there to trying to hurt someone but if you want to try and hurt me I'll give you alot worse then you do to me.

when i come out for a ball i usually slide to collect it. If your a forward jump over me as Cruyff said or be forwearned. It's not rocket science that a keeper is going to slide out for a ball get out of the way if your not gonna get there in time.

If your going to beat him to the ball be prepared for the impact that will follow as no keeper likes being rounded around by a forward and i would say your probably going to be taken down. Not maliciously just enough so you can't score unless the ref calls a peno.

I've been cleated across the junk(terrible fcuking experience, cleat marks across leg, balls, then other leg, too make matters owrse the guy was wearing mittens and a balaclava) full volleyed in the nuts when player was late for a ball but got to mine in time, myriad of painful kicks at ball while in hands and umpteen shin on shin, shin on knee, shin on body and shin on head army been knocked out collisions. I have had my hand broken by a forward trying to kick ball out of my hand and somehow i once get a cleating across the top of my head that i didn't notice to the pub afterwards but needed stitches when we left pub. Everyone has had injuries or knocks happen when playing the game and i'm hopeful none of the above was done on purpose. What i am trying to say is that it seems keepers have been made out to be the bad guys in the discussion that has been going on and forwards are no angels themselves. Every one on occasion has gone into tackles badly, it's part of the game.

Army
Goalkeepers Union Local 207.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe the old saying "Better you than me" is appropriate in any situation like this.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He hardly needs me to defend him but in defense of young Millsy, I have played with Millsy and against him. If you are stupid enough to go into a 50/50 with a Mack Truck aka. Millsy, its your own fault. The keeper has got as much right to go after the ball as the player.

Carry on,

cowtown

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB...that was sooooooo last week. Broken leg jokes are in this week. Please try and keep up.

I have to get back to work now. I'm busy, you know...

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bertrum said:
The keeper has got as much right to go after the ball as the player.

Carry on,

cowtown
No one ever questions someones right to win the ball, but Keepers are protected way too much and can get away with even more. Ya, you should not be able to hit a keeper when he is extended in the air, but the same should go for a keeper killing a forward who has the ball. I scored on the weekend knowing that I was going to get killed and I did. I was lucky to get up, but where was the Red card...................none because I scored? In order for him to even come close to the ball ment that he had to go through me and he did......it was also from behind so why not a card? Ref's, just call it both ways and we would never be arguing over who is right or wrong.
Just my 2 cents since I have also kicked a few Keepers in my day! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0