Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - Nov & Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pau 1 Geu 0

Tim B Lee
those changerooms are goin to be nice...might even bring the bbq, a keg, and a few peelers in there for after
No wonder you donkey's don't have facilities in the sticks... You don't take advantage of them!!! You start arriving 45 minutes before kick off and leave 5 minutes after the match!!! Not even 1 pint???:rolleyes:

Anyway... Good battle, with GEU playing a low pressure game and leaving one front runner... PAU had about 85% of possession, but couldn't seem to be creative enough in the final third to break it down... Even with 12 corners and about 6 danger area free kicks it wasn't until the 85th minute I called bank on that 35 yard free kick!!!;)

Off to Mexico.
Seriously.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Pau 1 Geu 0

Good battle out in slurrey last night with PAU. We resorted to an AC Milan style of soccer, defend and counter attack. Was working out well until an OG with 6min left on a guiness freekick. Both teams had chances but couldnt capitalize on the last touch.

Looking forward to the rematch....

And why is the PAU keeper such a head case? hahaha, holy good god ive never seen a guy kick a goal post harder then he did....Someone has to tell him that the 18yard box isnt like a crease in hockey...players can still attempt to fight for 50-50 balls.

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - Nov 06'

dmu 1 - 4 chilli

probably the most layed back, uneventful game i've ever played... rlads with two crackers though...

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: DMU 1 Chilli 4

Talk about lack of emotion. Wilmets with some cheeky trash talking before a corner late in the second half. Delta have looked worse each time I've seen them since they beat us in week 1.

Hot off the press:
Port Moody 1 Poco 1

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

pretty uneventful game, they got one on a shot off the post that came back off our keeper and fell to an oncoming player at the pk spot who put it in an open net, then ours was mid second half, a bouncing ball in the 18 that came off the crossbar and the goalies hands that one of our players headed in from the 6. Possession was even, they came out stronger than we expected and we were off a bit, quite the down pour and we didn't have our starting keeper for the first half because of that damn accident on the pitt meadows bridge :mad:

Jake the snake

Mar 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Head case or not, still sitting on one of the lowest goals against and you guys couldn't seem to put one in the back of the net. And crease or not, studs up on the shin twice in one game and a bloody nose doesn't fit my criteria for a well played game, super classy, nice work guys. I guess a teams gotta do what they gotta do to try and get a goal.

clubbin

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

talk about class who threw the ball back to you after you after you fell to the ground in a heap of pain after you clearly kicked the ball 20 yards off the field.The ref didnt even call a foul on the play so when your talking about class how does that messure. Anyway how is your foot, that look like it hurt more than the tackle???
It was a good game and a lucky goal but a good team finds a way to win.

Jake the snake

Mar 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Opposite foot, on a lightweight goal, in slippery conditions...didn't really feel a thing. Could not walk on saturday night/sunday...thanks to the late tackles, there's the class I was mentioning. Appreciate the recognition of a missed call and giving the ball back to make up for a cleats up, late tackle. bounces come and bounces go, either way nice to have it end up in the back of the net.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Maybe you could give Jake the Snake a bit of slack. Last year he tore his MCL in the pack cup final on a similar play. The tackle ended his season with us, and kept him out all summer. We finally got him back for the third game of this season. Maybe that shed some light on his reaction:mad:

MilesLong

Sep 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

clubbin said:
talk about class who threw the ball back to you after you after you fell to the ground in a heap of pain after you clearly kicked the ball 20 yards off the field.
Some people/groups have it while others don't even know what it means. If you want to talk about "class" maybe you should've looked at the "PLUMBERS" (whoever they were) under the tent who were shouting and screaming any stupid thing that might have entered their pea sized brains.
OR
maybe you should worry about your teams soccer "class" because PAU is in a "class" higher than GEU!!!
AND
When the ball was thrown back, I can remember hearing from players on the GEU team. "Why are we giving the ball back?" Again, what is class?

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

MilesLong said:
Some people/groups have it while others don't even know what it means. If you want to talk about "class" maybe you should've looked at the "PLUMBERS" (whoever they were) under the tent who were shouting and screaming any stupid thing that might have entered their pea sized brains.
OR
maybe you should worry about your teams soccer "class" because PAU is in a "class" higher than GEU!!!
AND
When the ball was thrown back, I can remember hearing from players on the GEU team. "Why are we giving the ball back?" Again, what is class?

class or not why did we throw back the ball?? There was nothing unclassy about that challenge. The ball came screamign across the 6yd box and a GEU player went down with the keeper to try and score. Cleats were NOT up and it was a 50-50 ball....

if i proved your point of us/me being unclassy then thats fine...ill go down for that challenge any minute of any game ill ever play.

In the heat of the moment I think the last thing I was thinking of sprinting down the field was, "hmmm...if i go down for this challenge will it be unclassy"

Come on boys, lets leave class out of this...nobody on either team did anything classy or unclassy in that game...it was a hard fought battle.

Onto the pak.

Jake the snake

Mar 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

My take on class is no matter how hard you go in, you pick a guy up, your fault or not, 50-50 or not. As for the peanut gallery on the side, they spoke for a team whether they like it or not, everyone represents the team. Sure go in on a tackle, but everyone's gotta go to work on monday...

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Jake the snake said:
My take on class is no matter how hard you go in, you pick a guy up, your fault or not, 50-50 or not. As for the peanut gallery on the side, they spoke for a team whether they like it or not, everyone represents the team. Sure go in on a tackle, but everyone's gotta go to work on monday...

Thats a great theory, with that logic, #21 represents all of PAU. If he wasnt 140lbs he would have been koed in that game. He through a delebrate elbow to my face that required 3 stiches in my lip.

The class showed up when retaliation didnt.

Hopefully we can get a few wins here and make our second meeting worth something.

I wasnt even goin to bring up the above situation until all this " class" bullshit was mentioned.

PAU was probably the best team we played this yr, I dont know about 85 % guiness but i will give you 70-75%. The best PAU team I have seen in yrs.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

The game was well played.
And it was a classy night, with both coaches dressed in suits. (with Mourinho style ties).
Stay Classy!

Honestly, talking about class.,,.
the most unclassy team ever had to be the Black Knights.
Where did that team end up anyways...
I knew they wouldn't last.....

LION

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

With all this PAU cokc-stroking going on... it makes me wonder how our Blaze/DMU side measures up this year? I'm afraid a friendly probably wouldn't be too "friendly" due to bragging rights... :D

It would be a great match to meet you guys in Provincials if we can figure out how to make it there.:cool:

fingerscrossedandfiredupforagoodimperialcuprun

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

No kidding.

PAU starts winning, and out come the posts. As predictable as blue balls a week after red tide.

The only good thing that can come of this is Cainy posting again; can we get an unsilent majority opinion on the quality of play in Premier these days? How exactly are a bunch of over-the-hill geezers getting it done?

Come on Cainy, break out the singlet...:D

Attachments

• owned.jpg
    owned.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 57

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Getting it done

I'll answer this one last time...
posted by: Neverhasbeen
How exactly are a bunch of over-the-hill geezers getting it done?
PAU are not an OLD team and have been getting younger for the last 3 years now!!! Granted Billy brings up the average age, we are a team stacked with early to mid 20's talent... I guess it's a fair comment if you were comparing us to Port Moody or DMU, but they're just really young... We have 3 or 4 starters in their early 30's, that's our geezers I guess???:rolleyes:

The reason we have been successful (after the first 2 hicups) is basically players buying ino a team first attitude and battling for spots in training... In the past we hadn't had either for long periods of time... Team bonding and chemistry are also a big factor... This said, we haven't accomplished anything yet...

In a nut shell, PAU have been outworking their opposition and have been rewarded with results... Langley Athletics (Washed up Division 1 muppets) are the shits this year because everyone is old and out of shape!!! ;)

Really.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

It's that fcking Beaver Buzz I tell. shite puts on the pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0