Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter October 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggsy

Sep 24, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It doesn't seem right that Horvath scored the Winner in each of the last 2 PAU/POCO games and had a different jersey on for each. (wee Shite comes to mind):cool:[/QUOTE]

its all buisness cloughie you know that.

and on to the referee debate if thats what it is... there are some decent refs in this league but thats what the problem is ...there are only some. there really should be a higher standard for guys who are going to ref games at a higher standard. and i get that there are not alot of guys willing to get out there and do it (its a tough job). but if your gonna throw a guy into the middle of the pitch in a premier match he should be able to handle a premier match. most cant and thats why you get teams exploding. although some teams definitely have shorter fuses and a lot less respect...

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have been to an epl game. The only difference is it's all on tv and tape.And players are all held accountable. Ps so are the Refs.

Yeah jackas that is the only difference between the EPL and the FVSL
you are clueless...after seeing some of your games and the banter on here it is obvious that your team though has skill and talent lacks the one thing needed to win at higher levels...heart.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First Cloughie with a compliment PAU way (sorta), then Giggsy making some sense about temperments?

The world must be about to end, Ninjas are everywhere!

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Redwoods,,read the entire post and previous posts between us and you might get what were talking about,,jackass..and players who get emotionally worked up while playing usually have heart, Thats the way I see it anyways. And winning at higher levels,,? is ,what we are doing.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Redwoods,,read the entire post and previous posts between us and you might get what were talking about,,jackass..and players who get emotionally worked up while playing usually have heart, Thats the way I see it anyways. And winning at higher levels,,? is ,what we are doing.

Hey GHOUSE why dont you learn to read. The guy is from Poco. Surely He struggled to get through to the end of the first sentence:D

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
every so often this crops up and we all have our two cents to throw in but nothing changes
you can pay extra you can be polite you can rant and rave, to me the bottom line is it takes a certain type of person to even want to do this job, just like being a trafic warden or such.
when you take the time to talk to ref's they dont mind a certain ammount of bitching it shows you care, and they get pi$$ed when it becomes personal or violent but what really really Pi$$es them off i find .... is to accuse them of cheating
be passionete by all means ..... appeal for everything, but keep it civil
and for some reason they find horsesh!t ref is more acceptable than bullsh!t ref ;) try it :D

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Mr. Friendly

Bluebird,

Shut the hell up. Your "ovely lovely" Golden Ears attitude is a fcukin wind up!

Take that that cnut cantona and tie him to the bench, cut his fingers off too!

Where'sthedancingpumkinsandbananasnow?

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bluebird,

oh ok will do then ;) :bronco::wa::bronco::D

blindman

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think it's the money for most guys. Most do it because they enjoy the game and it keeps them active. Personally, you could pay me $40 a game or $80 a game and I'd still take the same number of games. I even go down and do the odd low youth game for $25 (maybe that's where I belong anyways) when they're stuck so it's not about the money for me. I do find it odd right now though, that Div 4 Womens and all the way through the FVSL to university men all pay the same fees and wonder if that affects anything. I also don't think raising fees again will get you better refs. In the end it is the same pool of referees that the league has to choose from. I'm not sure how raising the fees would suddenly make some top end referee come out of hiding. The refs in the FV are who they are. I think if people want to throw money at the problem the place to throw it is towards referee education programs and assessments. Those are the ways that the referees you have can improve and learn and those areas that are often underfunded.

Like it or not, travel is a factor though for a lot of guys. Sure, you have travel for a job, but if reffin isn't a job for most guys and if they aren't in it for the money, they don't want to travel all over the mainland for games. I think the league generally does a good job with that though; we tend to travel further for premier and stay closer to home for the lower division. Seems to work.

The only thing I'll add on the abuse topic is that players "choose" how to respond to what they perceive as a bad call. Players have and make that choice. They can choose to let it go, have a respectful word, or direct abusive language at the referee. But in the end, it's the players choice and the consequences (cards) to the player is soley based on how they choose to respond.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kyl…erm…Blindman.

My point isn’t that paying the current crop more isn’t going to make them better. For the established refs, they are as good as they will be, and as they get older and slower, less effective. Like players.

My point is that you need to provide more incentive for some younger refs- or masters age players- to get into it. For some, love of the game is enough. For others, I’m sure getting a little extra coin in their jeans is more of a consideration.

Mostly, though, for the young guys coming up through youth…we need to capture more of them, and clearly, right now, it isn’t worth it to them.

The Phantom

Oct 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
My point is that you need to provide more incentive for some younger refs- or masters age players- to get into it. For some, love of the game is enough. For others, I’m sure getting a little extra coin in their jeans is more of a consideration.

Ok, so what kind of incentive would you propose other than the extra coin? As for myself, I have reffed and played at different levels and you would have to give me a good argument to ever reff again. Especially if I have to ref players as myself:D.

Maybe Mr. Base has some illogical answer to this?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't Dude's sole point that the extra incentive is the extra coin?

But to answer for him, it's obvious that providing the secret to great hair would be the only needed extra incentive.

Of course, for some of us, even that wouldn't be enough.

:D

The Phantom

Oct 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, the extra coin realy isn't enough.

Dude could you let me know who your stylist is and pay for my hair transformation, then I may think about it.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dont a lot of youngsters ref a lot of younger games over here
i seem to remember my brothers son or was it my nephew either way, he did a sports thing at school and it included getting the lower level ref's ticket, and he had to do so may games to get a pass,he was in the middle for jnr games and on the line for senior games. Once he had done this, he continued for about two years then drifted out once he reached about 18
i dont think earning an extra $10 would have made him continue and i know abuse from parents on the side line of the jnr games was one of the reasons he gave for giving up.
maybe this is the area that needs to be looked at to encourage younger guys to stay involved .... find out why they step out .... but its not easy when you are up against girls, drink and weed

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Dude,,This raise in pay is not ment for the Refs in place now(although they will get it) its ment to attract better refs for the future,attract more kids to get into reffing and with the influx of refs we can then be picky or choosy on who refs where. Obviously more money for Premier refs so only the best are who will get to Ref at that level. Testing Refs could then take place,fitness tests too. Instead of a shortage of good refs we will have way more. Again this will not change things over night but its the only way to change things for the future..As for now..We do what Blindman suggested,,We raise the fees paid to the refs and,for the refs we have now, to get that raise, they must be evaluated. Put through clinics and fitness tested. Paid for by the league,from all the card fines they collect,Mabee get a sponcer to sponcer the refs(is that allowed?). What ever the case may be,,raise the moneys paid to refs and shortly you will see more guys getting into reffing.
The next question will be,,How much would the raise be?

Giggsy

Sep 24, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bluebird,

who the fcuk is that drunk lookin' idiot in yer pic guinness??....

but yeah good call on cantona.....throw in a helmet and a muzzle too bluebird...

and can we please stop talking about fcucking referees....we will always bitch about 'em.....guinness might as well throw on that horrid yellow kit ....all he does is stand around in the center circle anyways....might as well pay him.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0