Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results, Banter & Such Aug/September 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree...red card for sure. cant tell a ref to fcuk off.

Ref told our player to fukc off on Friday. It's not like he is going to get a 3-5 game suspension for it. I didn't think it was too big of a deal either. The ref and our guy were giving each other shite all night. A ref should be able to take abuse like "that is shocking" or thats a shite call. Never a fukc off, thats a card everytime, we got a red for it last year.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
this was the conversation.

GEU - "why dont you go have a conversation with your fcukin linesmen...give your f*cukin head a shake"

Ref - "here is a yellow son, you want another?*

GEU - "you have to be fcukin kidding me, right, fcuk off"

Ref - "and your gone"

....no joke, i was right there. No way in hell there should be a send off for that...

Definitely deserved it..............

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year after one of our guys got hit so hard he ripped his MCL, (2nd time out for life) and was rolling on the ground in terrible pain. The ref yells at him "quit rolling around princess and get up" Our player told him to fcuk off and recieved a red aswell. LOL So did I and the Asst coach aswell. 3 reds 30 seconds into the game because the REF was talking trash and egged on a few comments. I brought it up at the hearing and there is nothing they can do. Oh they will laugh about it over beers im sure. But the leagues are short on Refs.
I keep asking everyone to get together and come up with a plan to attract more officials to our league.
We need to get on this as the officials are getting older and how many younger new officials do we see???

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
deserved or not...in my opinion this is how an official should handle a situation like this.

after this first comment is made, the referee should blow his whistle and demand the player comes to him. Talk to him one on one and tell him that he will not tolerate being spoken to like this and that no matter the call it is not justified. Then tell him he is giving him a yellow card, and tell him to get on with it.

99% of the time, nothing more will be said. If he continues to speak up, 100% show the red.

the wrong way to handle it:

yell at him "here is a yellow", and intice him to say more, by asking him, "do want another??"

I do not disagree that refs do not deserve to be spoken to this way, and yes it is a tough job and no they do not get paid very well to do it. However, certain situation have to be dealt with in certain manners. We have all been emotional and spoken up to a referee, how many have gotten reds for it?

It was dealt with entirely the wrong way.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
according to fifa laws of the game
A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off if he commits any of the
following seven offences:
...using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures

directed at anyone. so according to the laws of the game, which referees ARE SUPPOSE TO FOLLOW this is correct. anyone correct me if i'm wrong?

Rigger15

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was at the match last night in Langley and have to say the Red was a poor outcome for frustration of poor officiating. As a former FVSL ref I have to say that there were 3 major incidents in this match that changed the tide quickly. Less than 2 minutes into the second there was a blatant hand ball in the Langley box. No call to the amazement of all that were sitting in the stands. About 30 seconds later there’s a foul in the GEU half of the field by Langley that referee tries to play advantage to, 15 seconds later ball is in GEU's back of the net. Some advantage. Was the goal offside I am not sure as I was at center, what I do know is that a former FIFA official personally told me that they were told there's no advantage in a team's own half of the field. This situation tells me exactly why. Much different outcome if the foul is called and free kick given. 3rd goal might or might not have come but certainly all that came with it wouldn't have developed there.

As for the red itself, GEU player right to get the red for stupid comments but ref needs to take ownership of his mistakes as well.

In my opinion there was an 8th Langley goal in the same end that AR missed because of bad positioning that backs GEU's claim that the 3rd was offside.

There is a need to find new younger, fitter officials who can stay up with play and more importantly own up to their mistakes.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is getting waaaay off topic, but....

Canadian refs take far too much abuse to begin with. Perhaps it's because of the way hockey refs are forced to tolerate verbal tirades. I don't know. Whatever the case, you would most certainly not find the same level of accepted foul language and abuse in Europe or South America (at least from players). In those parts of the world, players know that if they step over the line, they're gone. In my opinion (as both a ref and player), that's absolutely the way it should be.

Outkast, the first time your player used the "F" word towards the ref, rubbish or not, he should have been gone. It says so right in the laws of the game. (see post from jimmy_jones)

We need to be a hell of a lot more respectful towards our officials or else we're going to have all the good ones leave - and there are good refs. The only ones left will be ones looking to supplement their income while getting a little exercise walking back and forth through the centre circle.:mad:

no finish

May 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
what is everyones thoughts of this super league next year the more people i talk to the more they say they are not for it. reasons being the respected leagues will be crap when the top teams are gone and most people might have a tough time commiting to the travel all the time. what has been brought up in conversation is a champions league compatition. teams when playing in this could play on the weekend if travel to the island needed and have there regular league game during the week. just throwin ideas out there any thoughts

Giggsy

Sep 24, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is getting waaaay off topic, but....

Canadian refs take far too much abuse to begin with. Perhaps it's because of the way hockey refs are forced to tolerate verbal tirades. I don't know. Whatever the case, you would most certainly not find the same level of accepted foul language and abuse in Europe or South America (at least from players). In those parts of the world, players know that if they step over the line, they're gone. In my opinion (as both a ref and player), that's absolutely the way it should be.

Outkast, the first time your player used the "F" word towards the ref, rubbish or not, he should have been gone. It says so right in the laws of the game. (see post from jimmy_jones)

We need to be a hell of a lot more respectful towards our officials or else we're going to have all the good ones leave - and there are good refs. The only ones left will be ones looking to supplement their income while getting a little exercise walking back and forth through the centre circle.:mad:

in the GEU case ....(outkasts description) ....RED ...buddy had his chance ....but "fcuk off " would probably be my choice of words too tho.

and fat monkey..... in outkasts defence , the officiating in this league is poor.(we wouldnt talk about it if it wasnt) and ive seen multiple situations where the fvsl officials make error after error which lead to frustated players. basically they let games get completely out of hand.
(just ask ghouse...he'll tell you about one of his ex-pros getting his leg shot off or something)
and the good referees get the respect they deserve ..its the ones that blow games that dont

benfica08

Sep 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't read all this banter and not help but have to set the record straight. Whether I deserved the red or not is irrelevant because I got it none the less and when all is said and done my word means shite all. My discussion with the ref was far different than this forum has led it on to be. I did not mention the offside but instead was upset about the "advantage" given to me as I lost the ball due to my jersey being pulled and it may have resulted in a goal. I right after the goal said to the ref "why didn't you call the fck'n foul over there, that resulted in the goal!" not swearing or adressing him at all. At that point he said, "what did you say" showed me the yellow and said "keep talking, you want another?" I looked at him said your kidding, walked away and stupidy help my hands above my head and clapped. That got me the second. I'm not deffending my case, but can't have ppl saying I got it for telling the ref to fck off cause i have a lot more respect for the officials in this league. I lost my temper, disagreed with the call but never attacked the ref or crossed that line

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't read all this banter and not help but have to set the record straight. Whether I deserved the red or not is irrelevant because I got it none the less and when all is said and done my word means shite all. My discussion with the ref was far different than this forum has led it on to be. I did not mention the offside but instead was upset about the "advantage" given to me as I lost the ball due to my jersey being pulled and it may have resulted in a goal. I right after the goal said to the ref "why didn't you call the fck'n foul over there, that resulted in the goal!" not swearing or adressing him at all. At that point he said, "what did you say" showed me the yellow and said "keep talking, you want another?" I looked at him said your kidding, walked away and stupidy help my hands above my head and clapped. That got me the second. I'm not deffending my case, but can't have ppl saying I got it for telling the ref to fck off cause i have a lot more respect for the officials in this league. I lost my temper, disagreed with the call but never attacked the ref or crossed that line

I was in the area and watched the match and that is precisely what happened.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I right after the goal said to the ref "why didn't you call the fck'n foul over there, that resulted in the goal!" not swearing or adressing him at all.

Now, I'm not sure what constitutes swearing in the FVSL but in the VMSL.....why didn't you call the fck'n foul over there.......is dissent and fcukin is a swear word.

I was standing beside Ballbaby when it happened and I can say nothing but agree with Ballbaby. That's what I saw and heard

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I right after the goal said to the ref "why didn't you call the fck'n foul over there, that resulted in the goal!" not swearing or adressing him at all.

Now, I'm not sure what constitutes swearing in the FVSL but in the VMSL.....why didn't you call the fck'n foul over there.......is dissent and fcukin is a swear word.

I was standing beside Ballbaby when it happened and I can say nothing but agree with Ballbaby. That's what I saw and heard

So you think in the events that played out, that the red was deserved. The Yellow sure...but the red?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Outcast...If the ref asked the player if he wanted the red then in my opinium thats egging on a player who is heated up a the time. A ref should conduct himself in a proper maner just as much as the players.
But that never happens and what the ref writes in his notes to the league is final.RIGHT OR WRONG. They are human and make mistakes and yet they will never be cautioned if they do. Some of the officials in this league never forget what you have said to them in the past and TOTALLY make calls against you or who ever they do not like for whatever reason. We have all seen it.
How many of you show up to the game and see who is officiateing(sp) and you know he doesnt like you or your team and just as you thought ,right from the get go he calls a onesided crap game.
Total bullshti.
I am not makeing this up...Our Provincial Cup game vs Norvan we were up 1-0 and after 9 full minutes of time added on they scored. 9 added on minutes from the same yahoo who told our captian with a torn up knee to quit rolling around like a princess and get up.(4 weeks earlyer)
The same guy who lets 2 foot takles from behind happen all over the park and when our guy says, hey the ball was fukcin out man, gets a yellow and the elbows to the face get a talking to. Same guy ...after we score runs over to his linesman and asks why he didnt call the offside (because it wasnt offside) and over rules the official with the direct line of site to disallows our goal. A complete Joke. So obvious that this official does not like us that Div 1 teams playing after us came up to me saying they couldnt believe what they saw and even said " you can sure tell this ref has it out for you guys" I dont know the Div 1 player who said that, I mean hes not a friend he was just a guy watchin the game.
Thomas tells us we should write a report after every game because they read it and make decisions off of those reports.....Well I say show me how it makes a difference, because they are so short with officials that a ref can say what ever he wants and still get to ref your next game. even your next provincial game.
I wrote a report and I even went to the league to complain and NOTHING happened. They just read what the ref wrote in his report and ofcoarse thats the truth and that was that.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys ,we are the league. We have the power to vote to make changes and to put ideas to paper. You just have to go to the meetings and speek up and be heard. You have to vote. I think Thomas has done a really good job with the league and its better because of it.
To improve the officials we must come up with a plan to attract more youth refs and then train them and then keep them.
Nothing will happen over night. But if we dont do something now....were all screwed cause if you havent noticed. There are not to many new faces out there reffin our games. And some of the faces are gettin up there in age and will be retirein soon.
Bottom line is when we have our next meeting and I bring this to the attention of the meeting and league I need a second and third out of your sorry asses so we can start to do something now ,not later.
Your ideas are all needed.
And just for the record ...it will cost you. The first thing to do is pay these guys more than just gas money. Other wise no one will want to become an official and stay in it.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im on a roll ...sorry
The thread above where No finnish says hes hearing teams not into this new Super Premier league...well I have gone to 4 VMSL Premier Games this year and 4 FVSL Premier games and all I have heard was tons of talk and its all good. Guys cant wait to get into this new division. Ya there are bugs to work out they all say and have quetsions too but all and all they are stoked. A few guys will have to retire as they have families and ya it wont be for everyone. But the majority by far are pumped and you can see it on the field. Everyone is competeing this year for something other than just the league and provincials. A 10 team Provincial Premier League. WOW. So good for BC Soccer.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im on a roll ...sorry
The thread above where No finnish says hes hearing teams not into this new Super Premier league...well I have gone to 4 VMSL Premier Games this year and 4 FVSL Premier games and all I have heard was tons of talk and its all good. Guys cant wait to get into this new division. Ya there are bugs to work out they all say and have quetsions too but all and all they are stoked. A few guys will have to retire as they have families and ya it wont be for everyone. But the majority by far are pumped and you can see it on the field. Everyone is competeing this year for something other than just the league and provincials. A 10 team Provincial Premier League. WOW. So good for BC Soccer.

:rolleyes:

I was talking to tons of people over the last week and the tons of people said a glaring NO to the league. So is it your tons or my tons who are speaking the truth.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would hate to have you on a voting board Ghouse, you flip-flop on stuff like this so easily.

How many times have we all been warned by refs to keep our mouths shut or else? Most of us do, because you don't want to test him. Benefia08 clearly pushed the envelope- clear case of dissent. Also, if you're challenging the ref using F-bombs, and yelling so everyone can hear it, do you really think your case will be heard?

For the record, I'm stating this full knowing I've been the idiot on the dissent side too...happens to many. Just don't try and paint it as something it isn't, or unjust, when the laws of the game and precedents are clear as air.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Benifica, even if the ref tolerated your f-bomb, when you put your hands over your head and clapped while walking away, you pretty much demonstrated the text book definition of dissent. A full-on display of how you think the ref is a mess.

Having said that, I appreciate you coming on here and stating your case. You're obviously more upset about the events leading up to that and the way it was handled (which the Captain and Ballsmaybe confirmed). Clearly the referee shouldn't have spoken to you in the manner which he did. As for the calls? Refs make errors. Deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0