Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Week 2 MOTW

What's your FVSL Prem MOTW?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco 3 - GEU 2 In what was/will most likely the MOTW.

First half was played fairly tight, GEU opened with a few chances but we couldnt put anything away. Cucca opened the scoring at about the 35min mark with a cheeeeky goal. Corner of the 18 and a well placed floater into the far topshelf. Second half and Poco came flying out of the gates, and there were some flashes of what they could be. 10 mins into the second and Masi played a nice through ball into TK who had no problems finishing in close range. They scored again quickly after on a free quick (#19?) that appeared to go through our wall, but it was struck well. After that Poco left off the gas a little bit and GEU took a bit of control. We got one back at about the 70min mark with a cross that was finished well by Jonny Craig. We kept applying pressure and were awarded again with a magic goal from Giordan Payne, who IMO was our man of the match. We then were awarded a PK with about 85' mark, Maloney guessed right and we lost our chance to even it up.

All in all I think it was probably a good game to watch, as both teams tried to play it on the deck, and there wasnt too much humping. TA has a good crew there, and Harmse coming into action in the next week or so will make a huge difference.

Fcuk me, off to Naniamo for our Pacific Cup game on Saturday....

juventino26

May 28, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco vs. Geu wasnt a bad game. The new turf makes it tough with ball control, I was told its just bounces the crazy. Geu could of even tied it if they scored that penalty and the keep made a nice save off a free kick. Even though GEU lost not a bad score give then fact not many ppl including me would of given them much chance. On the other hand though Poco is a brand new team and even though they are star studded they dont know how to play together yet. It reminds me of ACBC when they first came into Prem 3 years ago. But once Poco start gelling they will be a real force.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have to agree with both the above posts. We have some spurts where we play some very good soccer but other moments where we look lost out there. After going up 3 we totally fell asleep and let GEU back in the game. They worked really hard and if it wasnt for our keeper we would have came away with just a point. As we go on throughout the year I can only hope that we can start playing a complete 90 minute game. Harmse will be in the line-up next week in time for the pacific cup and he will help us big time. IMO he is the best player in the province.

Anyone got a game report for any of the other matches this week? pomo/pau game?

TA

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC 4 -1 Delta.
Delta has a bunch of new faces this year and look much better than before. They were missing Gaull up front and we were missing Addy so it evened out. I am proud of my new guys..we lost a lot of key guys yet our new pickups are holding down their jobs quite well.
Now if the injured players can all get healthy.........

Curvature#2

Sep 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 - 1 Port Moody over Peace Arch.

Great home opener with the new turf! Hopefully our opponents notice the difference as we certainly do. Our expert knowledge of the cement patch will no longer benefit us.

The game started off slow with neither team giving up much in the way of chances. Mostly only allowing shots from 35+ yrds out. Peace Arch scored mid way through the 1st half on a perfect header off the underside of the crossbar past the diving outstretched hand of our keeper and in. Moody tied it up with 15 min left in the half on a well timed through ball in which our striker narrowly touched it past a charging PA goalie. 1-1 at half.

Moody would go on to score the winner when our forward beat a couple defenders from the left, cut into the box and slotted his second far post. From there on it was clear who the MVP of the match was, as the PA keeper made quality save after save robbing the Gunners of a crucial 3rd goal. 4-5 times he aggressively left his box to slide tackle our forwards and clear the ball away, keeping his team in it. Horvath had a dangerous free kick sail a few meters high and PA had a few more shots miss the target. In the end I believe Moody was the more fit side and deserving of the win.

Always a great match when we play eachother. I don't think our games have ever been decided by more than 2 goals and we look forward to our next battle. Good luck the rest of the way boys.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: more than 2 goals

Except in Pakenham Cup Finals! :cool:

Good battle, Port Moody always get up for us and will take points from others.

However, I expect the next few weeks for PAU to be just as tough.

Gorge, Poco then ACBC.

Peace What?

ratvay

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 Aldergrove - 1 Chilliwack, again the league is underestimating our team this year, last year was a good growing year and with some great additions this year and once we get our young guys back from school dont be surprised to see aldergrove in the top half this year

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have to agree with both the above posts. We have some spurts where we play some very good soccer but other moments where we look lost out there. After going up 3 we totally fell asleep and let GEU back in the game. They worked really hard and if it wasnt for our keeper we would have came away with just a point. As we go on throughout the year I can only hope that we can start playing a complete 90 minute game. Harmse will be in the line-up next week in time for the pacific cup and he will help us big time. IMO he is the best player in the province.

Anyone got a game report for any of the other matches this week? pomo/pau game?

TA
fcuk me
here I was thinking guinness was the best player in the province

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0