Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Referees

Do the refs in the FVSL suck, or is it just me?

• It's just you.

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • No, they do suck.

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • No, they don't suck.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Most suck, but there are some good ones.

Votes: 26 68.4%

• Total voters

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With all the complaining about referees in the FVSL lately I thought it would be a good idea to bring this thread back into view.

Critique, compliment, and bitch about the refs here.

Any personal attacks will be deleted so don't waste our time.

The guy we had yesterday wasn't good, but he wasn't bad either. A lot of his calls were iffy, and he fcuked up down the stretch. It is ok to call a game close, but some of these guys need to realize that we are grown men, and can take a little knock here and there. Yesterday if we touched a guy, the whistle was blown. Then after their second goal(our keeper was tackled and held down)instead of calling the goal back he says he's sorry he didn't call it, but he couldn't call it now. In other words Langley is celebrating like mad. If I call it back, all hell will break loose. He apologized again after the match. Have the balls to make the right call, and the whole situation never happens.

The guy who reffed PAU and Poco yesterday should NOT be reffing Premier games.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fence sitter

My only comment about the refs is this... A good ref is hardly even noticed. Refs shouldn't be trying to grow their legend by being the focal point of a match, you just ruin a good game.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cainy- good point.

The ref we had (Hill), for example, had a pretty decent match for us, but I can remember some where he's been the centre of attention. He was hardly noticeable in our match, though.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
reddish hair

Not sure of his name he's thin reddish hair and thinks he's all that,what ever that might be.He wants every game to be about him and won't even listen to anyone without pulling out yellows.I haven't seen him lately not sure if he's reffing boxing,wrestling or what.Nothing personal but it's been nice not seeing him .

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob

You question about the Refs being evaluated yearly. Yes, they are evaluated and they also have to take referessher coursess yearly. They also do fitness tests. Though I also wonder how some of them get through this process.

bigbag

Oct 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
fvsl ref's

The guy in question is Mike Hill, a well known ref in the valley. Actually a nice guy but has the same mentality as many ref's..........GOD complex is what I'm talkin about. Many things could be said here but I have to say like many things it has to change from the top and that means BC Soccer on downwards has to change the mentality that you can't speak to a ref or he to you about things that happen in a game....etc etc As they say communication is everything! As far as ref's not showing up, that is a disgrace and someone needs to talk to the man at the top, being Rob Brown and get that sorted NOW!

bigbag

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Players too

Originally posted by Milhouse
I'd like to see some of the players pass this fitness test, hey RF:D

Off-topic! This is about refs! :(

Watch and learn tomorrow brother. :p

Sorry everyone, or shall I say ya bunch of whingers, but I've got no problem with these guys.
I mentioned it in the CAT thread, and I'm sorry, I have to come to these guy's defense.
These guys love the game just as much as us.
And they're human, they make mistakes.
I can see anyone being pissed in the heat of the moment in a match, or even shortly thereafter and having a go at a ref.
Trust me, I've been there.
But to get on a public forum and whine, get on with it.
It's not worth getting wound up about.
Refs not making games, times and fields getting fcuked up, it happens boys.
I suggest the "God complex" is more of a defense mechanism to ensure order is kept.
It's a bit grammar schoolish, but fcuk, sometimes we and are teammates act like fcuking kids out there.
I suggest there are a few refs out there who shouldn't be doing it.
But, in my opinion it's a minority %.

Every game we've had this year has been outstanding officiating which is maybe why I feel this way.
Or, we simply get the outstanding officiating because we're an outstanding team and the pride of the Valley. :D ;)
They deserve every dime they get, whether they've had a good or bad day.

Soapboxforever.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF

Very well said there Ranger.

I deal with many of these refs on a daily basis at my job and like you said... They all love the game as much as us players. Even they admit they aren't perfect on the field at times. I think the players who don't know these guys are the ones who moan the most.

C

cspurgeon

refs calling chat lines?

We have had two refs this year so far that sucked. Especially with the offending players, we were down by a goal with 12 minutes left and the ref CONTINUOUSLY wasted time by warning players of infractions and then a follow up briefing. Isnt it easy to just show the card? No this guy decided to Show the card, then chat for honestly close to a minute with the offending players (in this case it was our opponents players) and then although my watch is of course not as accurate as his royal highness's I figure we got screwed out of 5 minutes, JUST in the last 12, and there was no injury/makeup time. He even spent some time "punishing" a fan that was on his case, once again wasting our time. Overall out of 4 games I believe the referees are 2-2 (2 bad, 2 great). I agree with someones earlier comments that if a ref gets a good handle early on the game, it elimates alot of the mid game crap, and settles down the coaches/players and fans that are prone to beaking off from the sidelines.

No, I don't want to come off as a whiner, the skill of the referees and knowledge of the rules is not in question, and who am I to be a critic as I am biased and not a trained referee. I must also point out that we had one OUTSTANDING referee who obviously enjoyed what he was doing and enjoyed the game of soccer, he went out of his way to comment on good tackles etc, he shut up the uninformed people on the sidelines, you know, the ones that bitch and curse about every tackle. The referee's also have seemed to be very impartial, if they were bad it was both ways.

Cheers!

:confused:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nvr mind

How about the puss linesmen that wont call anything, dont they realize they can call handballs etc?

Sheesh

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0