Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Registration Requirements

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey everyone,

I am interested in registering a team in Div.3. I got 20 good players with no disciplinary records with the league, and fields and money is a not problem.

But i got a copy of the FVSL Registration form and it says that there's a possibility of denial.

I was wondering does anyone know what the criteria is for denial is, if you have a full squad with no disciplinary records, and money and fields isn't an issue.

Also does anyone know if they plan to expand or to add to Div.3, maybe a section "D" or "E". I would think that would be better and would generate good additional revenue for the league as well, instead of denying teams.

Thanks.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why are you looking to be denied even before you get accepted?

Most leagues look to have even numbers of teams in their divisions so they can have balanced schedules. You don't want them to think you're unbalanced, do you?

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL have teams come and go every year. I don't see them denying your application unless of a numbers issue.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Numbers issue is an understatement, I heard their only allowing 30 teams in Div.3 this year and there's a chance 28-29 are all re-registering. So you have 10-11 teams vying for one or two spots, there's basically a 3-4 year waiting list for some teams. The worst part of their whole system is some of the teams that are re-registering have had consecutive losing seasons 2-3 seasons running.

You know what would be an idea: is for the team(s) that finish dead last or '2nd to last' in Div.3 for 2-3 seasons consecutively, should be kicked out of the league until they can put together a better team. Maybe even hold a quick playoff with the bottom teams in Div.3 with new applicants, whoever wins stays, whoever loses is out. That way they are making room for new teams, also it’s more fair.

Otherwise you have these teams that unfortunately, whether its attendance and so on, can’t seem to win, and are holding on to their place and re-registering and they hold good teams back from entering the league. I mean some of these scores, goals for and against in Div.3 are laughable. It really lowers the competition level of those divisions by keeping those teams. Haven’t these teams heard of Recreational leagues.

Also let teams know a little more in advance, a good month, so they can prepare, get stuff, uniforms, and so on. Someone said the league let them knew 2 weeks before their season started that they were in and it was a mad dash for everything to get ready.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe Westcoast can sell you their spot as they suck anyways. It would be for fairly cheap as they would probably trade for some weed and beer.

They could barely field a team and their manager doesn't have his shite in a group he was the reason they got demoted playing an illegal player.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, another suggestion break up Div.1, into two 10 team sections. Have Div.1a and 1b. Top two in Div 1A and 1B get promotion to Premier, with 2nd place finishers playing a playoff home and away to decide the 3rd final spot. Premier Bottom three teams get regulated in Premier to Div.1.

Cause as it stands right now in Div.1 most teams end up playing once and that's it. It's not a good measure of anything.

Also Add another Div.2 section, and also another Div.3.

There you go you have 20-25 additional spots give or take and everyone is happy. And let's not forget that is also more revenue for the league.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
number10hamburgler,

Coming on TTP and criticizing the FVSL Administration before you have even applied is not going to get you anywhere, except a spot on the sidelines ;)

This is a transition year, and next year, with the new BC Premier League coming for the season after this one.

Here is a suggestion, Why don't you contact some of the clubs based in and around the area where most of your players reside?

Surrey FC, Surrey United, Langley United, Aldergrove United, Poco, GEU, etc...

The Valley is very rich with a great number of clubs. Clubs hold the power, not indie teams.

My suggestion would be to contact clubs and see what spots, if any, they might have to grant you, or assimilate your players into.

The Valley capping the number of teams is not rocket science. The Municipalities only have so much fields inventory to go around, again clubs and leagues hold the power, it is very VERY hard in most towns to get a permit if you are just a team. They also have only so much time as an admin/executive group to deal with meetings, discipline, etc.

And in case you didn't notice... FVSL Div 3 is Purely Recreational. If you want to have a discussion about a glaring lack of shitty Purely Rec Soccer perhaps not functioning inside the BC Soccer Association then go ahead. Once upon a time the Surrey Sunday League existed, the GVSSL existed etc. But inevitably they went out based on the fact that most teams that played in those leagues were arsehole teams filled with guys banned by BC Soccer for life, discipline issues ultimately caused the folding of the GVSSL due to teams leaving for the BMSA, FVSL, and VMSL because they were sick and tired of the headbutts, fights, etc.
Currently the FVSL has the Nomads (used to be the Dynamo and Rangers) the Sundowners FC (formerly Donegals Pub), Surrey Pylons, Guildford FC (formely the Guildford coaches).

Kjohnsob and I took turns running that league for the last three years of it's existance with Ron from the Sundowners. Losing teams based on that caused the death of that league, which was open to new teams, loosey goosey on BC Soccer Stuff, had good fields inventory, and had an awesome Summer League and two great cup tourneys.

I have suggested once or twice that the FVSL have a Div 4, or Rec Division for the Div 3 teams that either:
A) Don't want or care to be promoted
B) Are in between Masters and 19+
C) Are pure crap

but again, if that came into play I don't imagine that the league would go looking for new teams to fill the void as again there is only so much fields and referees around to do games.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe Westcoast can sell you their spot as they suck anyways. It would be for fairly cheap as they would probably trade for some weed and beer.

They could barely field a team and their manager doesn't have his shite in a group he was the reason they got demoted playing an illegal player.

This coming from the team that lost to us twice and only stayed in Div.2 because of my mistake.You should be thanking me not trying to think your hot shite. Your team is absolute shite and you need to retire. We are currently in third in Div.2 KSL beating so called upper level div.2 teams(SFC Pegasus, WRU, Coyotes) and handling ND Titans with 10 guys(beat them twice) Oh yeah but thats summer right?? HAHA when teams have the same players they have in winter it doesn't change anything.

Talk shite about something you know like being old and bald and in need of retiring. Hey have you beaten us??? no you're shite and I hope we are placed back in your division so we can have two easy wins again next year. But you will be their plan z in net like ussual.

As for selling any spot I wouldn't do that, it's not mine to sell.

Back your shite talk up Robj you lost to us twice not once, so you think talking about a mistake makes you cool or have a good team??? And I had no problems fielding a team, my team never forfeited but I can tell you of a shite team that did....yours. Oh and Stolo not fielding a team against PLayers.

WestCoast...What??? talk shite when you beat a team not lose.....twice.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Takethepiss.com

westcoast, you ever heard of the site? look into it sometime, and what the name means.

Your team was awful. Congrats on 3rd place, in knights league.

Believe me I can take a piss....all over Robj's face then shite in his mouth. But there is already some in there. have fun not being able to sandbag next year bench warmer.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This coming from the team that lost to us twice and only stayed in Div.2 because of my mistake.You should be thanking me not trying to think your hot shite. Your team is absolute shite and you need to retire. We are currently in third in Div.2 KSL beating so called upper level div.2 teams(SFC Pegasus, WRU, Coyotes) and handling ND Titans with 10 guys(beat them twice) Oh yeah but thats summer right?? HAHA when teams have the same players they have in winter it doesn't change anything.

Talk shite about something you know like being old and bald and in need of retiring. Hey have you beaten us??? no you're shite and I hope we are placed back in your division so we can have two easy wins again next year. But you will be their plan z in net like ussual.

As for selling any spot I wouldn't do that, it's not mine to sell.

Back your shite talk up Robj you lost to us twice not once, so you think talking about a mistake makes you cool or have a good team??? And I had no problems fielding a team, my team never forfeited but I can tell you of a shite team that did....yours. Oh and Stolo not fielding a team against PLayers.

WestCoast...What??? talk shite when you beat a team not lose.....twice.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing reel, reel, reel, reel, caught a whopper boys.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0