Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

U21 [FVSL U-21] Results and banter - Sept - Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is anyone in here? Does anyone post here for this division?

We will see!

Good luck to all!!!

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL U-21] Results and banter - Sept. 2006

Looks like the Gunners are gonna run shite again for what the 4th year in a row? U21 is a waste of a division. We have better competition in our practice drills, then if you put all these teams together and played against us

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Agreed.
Congrats Duth on the club getting moved up to Prem and 1st in the FVSL. I think that for your better players, Div. 1 and Premier will give you guys the higher caliber competition you are looking for. Good luck; I hope you guys can stay up in both, and be a club to watch in the FVSL for years to come.

As for U-21, now it may better serve your club, as a place for the less developped guys to play, while the better, younger players join Prem or 1st div squads.

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Im guessing there are no other U 21 teams posting on this site... but im just curious where some of these teams are coming from.. were seeing alot different clubs then last few season... Pitt Meadows for example... Hopefully they are more put together then the apparent ND U18 red team we just played.. if you call winning 13-0 playing...

This is what i was talking about Dude, whats the point in putting a team in here if this is any indication of where the caliber of play is going.. maybe we shouldve just created another Div 2 team for our developing players

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

How come you guys didn't come up to men's? Like you're saying, it seems like you're going to have quite the boring season, and the Whalley U-21 team, with some additions have won their last 2 games 11-1 meaning you guys would probably fit in well in D2.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dutchy,

I would tend to agree that staying in U-21, w/ the competition you have now, seems to be stalling those players' growth in the game.

I think too that this is one of the issues the FVSL brass were debating this year...what to do w/ good young teams looking for good competition?

U-21 doesn't seem right, at present. I think most of your players would agree that playing 2nd last season was better way to learn, given you were competing against experienced men, whom play a decidedly different style than U-21 guys. Would a third team from your club benefit there this season? Who knows...I think they lowered the caliber of Div. 2 myself by expanding the 1st division. That is now watered down, and as a result, so is Div. 2.

But, given the choice??? You tell me.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
17-0?????????

WTF?????

I have GOT to believe this is a mis-print but the excellent site shows Poco hammering Peace Arch 17-0.

I mean 7-0 would be bad enough and you would think they would take their foot off the gas but come on 17-0 that's just plain embarassing.......for BOTH squads.

Someone who was part of that massacre has GOT to comment.

4ST OUT!!!:bronco: :bronco:

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peace Arch losing 17-0 is entirely possible...

When we played them at home they showed up with 10 men, so we played 10 a side against them and still beat them 10-1 with our better players called up to div 1 for the day... We did the whole defence swap with forwards to try to curb the onslaught of goals but..

Poco is the kind of jerk team that would run up the score I think, 17 is a bit on the extreme side of unnecessary though... a win like that and a wein against the gunners... We'll have to bring them back down to earth in the new year :knvb:

CanuckFan

Oct 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Port Moody can fcuken ride it...u guys come on here actin like you are the fcuken shite....u guys aint nothing...runnin ur mouth cuz ur the best in U21 HAHAHAaHa...buddy first of all its the FRASER VALLEY...and second of all its U21 for fcuks sake...come play in vmsl and lets see how good u are...u aint nothin but a bunch of wankers...how many times have u won provincials in U21?..NONE U DUMBFCUK!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0