Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Germans are pussies

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BERLIN, June 6 (Reuters) - Germany captain Michael Ballack missed another training session because of his calf injury on Tuesday, heightening concerns that he may not be fit for the World Cup opener against Costa Rica on Friday.

Ballack had said he expected to be back training with the ball on Tuesday afternoon after coming through an indoor workout in the morning but that proved to be impossible.

'Michael is making progress but (the calf) can still not take a lot of pressure,' Germany doctor Hans-Wilhelm Mueller-Wohlfahrt said in a statement.

'We hope that on Wednesday he can take a full part in training again.'

Ballack had earlier said he expected to be in the team against Costa Rica in the Group A curtain-raiser in Munich.

'I think it will continue improving day by day and I assume I will be able to play on Friday,' he said.

Ballack suffered the injury in Germany's final warm-up match for their home tournament, a 3-0 win over Colombia on Friday.

'I know deep down that it's not a bad injury so I didn't do anything about it on Sunday, which was my one day off to spend with my family,' said Ballack.

'I'll put it behind me by Friday.'

Germany's assistant coach Joachim Loew sounded a more cautious note.

'We hope that after a little rest and the work of the medical department he will be fit,' he said. 'It's just a little calf muscle problem but it is a nagging injury.'

He added: 'It has hurt the atmosphere here a little.'

Ballack's inspirational displays helped Germany reach the World Cup final in 2002 when they lost to Brazil. He has scored 31 goals in 65 internationals from midfield and his form and fitness are of vital importance to the hosts.

Germany coach Juergen Klinsmann would likely call on Tim Borowski as Ballack's replacement in central midfield.

There are no other injury worries in the German camp apart from a slight problem with third choice goalkeeper Timo Hildebrand, who has back pain.

Germany, who also play Poland and Ecuador in Group A, turned in their best performance of the year against Colombia.

'I think you could see that we played with a more disciplined approach against Colombia and that actually meant we were able to attack more rapidly,' Ballack said.

'The important thing now is that we keep improving. We can't afford to slack off at any stage.'

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballack became a wanker as soon as arrived at Chelsea.

Nice thread title, putz -- hopefully we'll be able to edit it to "German are pussies that also happen to be in the final".

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0