Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Getting Sacked

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a league such as the VMSL, what does it take for a leadership group to "sack" their coach?

Finish towards the bottom of the table? Relegation?

Not winning any trophies?

Failing to repeat a championship?

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The easiest way would be to take him out for the night , get him juiced up and photograph / video tape he or she in a compromising position. Have the photo's developed to show him and he will usually step down. no firing required and the team saves face.

Other than that i say all the above u mention is enough reason to move on.

To be honest i looked at your topic and expected to see video of you getting punted in the berries during a KSL game.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Which is why I started the thread :)

Now that that is out, seems a bit harsh to me to give Reedie the heave-ho after taking the team to the National final and winning the VMSL Premier league title (only to be knocked out in the first round of the BCs this year).

Similar to AV except he's kept his job (rightfully so) and makes a couple bucks more than Reedie :)

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure there is something more on the inside going on than losing first round of the Provincials.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Right, but in the total context, can it justify the end result?

The only thing I heard was that they wanted "a new voice". Cee Lo Green perhaps? :)

Mithee Bundha

Jun 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right, but in the total context, can it justify the end result?

The only thing I heard was that they wanted "a new voice". Cee Lo Green perhaps? :)

Well they can't let go of all the players, that would be a big Cap Hit :D

So do they go back to Captain? He's good choice but I wonder if he can handle Roman Abramovich??

Nice start to the off-season...

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
This movement is being Spearheaded by Mr. Base and the Khalsa Sporting Club as a means to wash all his gangster funds through the club!

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just crazy.

Year 1 - Gets Peg promoted from div. 1.
Year 2 -Manages to finish mid-table and ensures survival in Premier.
Year 3- Wins BC's and makes the Imperial final. Nationals Silver.
Year 4 - Wins league.

What have you done for me lately?

A tough act to follow for the next guy.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was told he is currently in negotiations to take over the coaching job at Poco because their coach couldn't, in the end bring home any silverware.

League title big fcuking deal!

Gomes are signing with Richmond next year as well.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was told he is currently in negotiations to take over the coaching job at Poco because their coach couldn't, in the end bring home any silverware.

League title big fcuking deal!

Gomes are signing with Richmond next year as well.

Gomes and HAPPY GILMOUR from Poco... and JoMo and the Inter lads... napkin signings. Really looking like a promising year for us.

ilovesoccer

Sep 30, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like Stephan Burns is back in the VMSL Premier as a coach. Guessing the guys at ICST Pegasus liked the way he handled the team a few years back so they brought him back. Good Luck my Irish Pal.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's had a lot of success at the girl's level so this seems like a good fit :)

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Which is why I started the thread :)

Now that that is out, seems a bit harsh to me to give Reedie the heave-ho after taking the team to the National final and winning the VMSL Premier league title (only to be knocked out in the first round of the BCs this year).

Similar to AV except he's kept his job (rightfully so) and makes a couple bucks more than Reedie :)

It makes absolutely no sense the sacking of Reedie. It seems that Reedie did an awesome job, as his results spoke for themselves. That would be a sign for contract extension for most clubs.

But unfortunately in BC Soccer, with most clubs and teams, there hampered and soaked with politics, people's ego, and all sorts of other BS. Once all negativity happens and takes hold, all common sense gets thrown out door. And in this case a successful manager like Reedie gets no support and gets the boot.

Not only with managers but with players as well, good players sit on the bench in place of the coach's brother-in-laws nephew, who can't even kick a ball, but it happens.

Makes no sense whatsoever, but whatever...I'm sure Reedie will find a good club soon.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It makes absolutely no sense the sacking of Reedie. It seems that Reedie did an awesome job, as his results spoke for themselves. That would be a sign for contract extension for most clubs.

But unfortunately in BC Soccer, with most clubs and teams, there hampered and soaked with politics, people's ego, and all sorts of other BS. Once all negativity happens and takes hold, all common sense gets thrown out door. And in this case a successful manager like Reedie gets no support and gets the boot.

Not only with managers but with players as well, good players sit on the bench in place of the coach's brother-in-laws nephew, who can't even kick a ball, but it happens.

Makes no sense whatsoever, but whatever...I'm sure Reedie will find a good club soon.

Rumour has it that Reedie has been approached by a few teams already, but there is a Club out there that has just won approx 6 Provincial titles recently that wants him badly. I can't reveal what club it is though! lol

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumour has it that Reedie has been approached by a few teams already, but there is a Club out there that has just won approx 6 Provincial titles recently that wants him badly. I can't reveal what club it is though! lol

9 titles.........:cool:

This will assuredly be discussed at Nation's Cup this weekend. Beer makes everything clearer.:rolleyes:

Nemesis

Sep 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps the players and management both agreed it was for the best interests of the club at this time.
What a revelation........eh Regs?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0