Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GEU-gate

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Rumors / In The FVSL

Rex isn't leaving. He does a great job at getting players for the team and doing all the stuff that a manager does. However, in order to succeed, I believe that we cannot have player coaches on this team. We have a new coach that is going to run the CAT and Premier teams once we get up there. He is a well know guy who demands respect from his players. Something that was missing a little bit this year. Our team tends to not listen to player coaches as much as we'd like. Putting an unbiased coach from outside of the club can hopefully do nothing but help us. We'll just have to wait and see.

Len told us the same thing. But, we have heard from several players about possible spots next year!!

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

rex played this year?????????????????????????????????????

must have only been against langley and north delta!?

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

trapper said:
We have a new coach that is going to run the CAT and Premier teams once we get up there. He is a well know guy who demands respect from his players.
So Sid is making a return to the coaching ranks after all... :D

FVcascade

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well I can settle one arguement, my old man (Len) has officially retired from coaching after 15 season, his decission had nothing to do with Alan leaving and the BK's coming in, he was ready for a break. As for myself and all the other collage boys, it will all depend on if we get released at the end of our school season next year. I think that most of us would like to stay together where ever we do end up playing. As far as all the talk about next years GEU team being the best team in years, its hard to say...there is the talent, but alot of egos too! The bottom line is neather group can perfom at that level by themselves and there success will be determined by how fast they learn to function together both on and off the field.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

"Hi... I'm small and fast with great skill" - GEU newbie.
"Nice to meet you... WHACK!!!!!" - FVSL "Veterans"
"Rrrrrrrrrrreffff!?!?!?" - GEU newbie.
"WHACK, WHACK, WHACK" - FVSL "Veterans"

:D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I agree with FVCascade, there are some egos and it will interesting to see if the combination of Knights and Ultra can check them at the door and keep there mouths shut. If they can play together as a team, which they never have, they will be good. But it may take a year or two before they get there. By then the Ultra will be over 35.
Personally, i hope the Ultra players keep playing Premier this year just to see if the combination of teams will really be as good as everyone in GEU thinks it will be.

Mission over 35's betrum?
Should i be expecting a call from someone soon?

:)

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nobody has a bigger ego (drive) than my self & I don’t see it being a problem, I like playing with the current prem guys and get along well with them! I really think the only problem will be coach related. I also think a lot of players from both the Knights & Ultra are going to go home disappointed, I definitely don’t think its going to be a 50/50 split that’s just blasphemy!

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

FVcascade, I hear your training with Dewdney whats the deal with that huh?

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think FVcascade knows who is coaching next year. That might have something to do with him testing the waters. We have a quality guy coming in, so things will be different next year. Plus, if we get promoted, we will have to make 2 teams. There should be plenty of spots for guys who want a crack at premier that might be worried about their chances at playing full time on the top team in your club. I wouldn't read anything into him coming to 1 practice. For all we know, he is scouting for you guys.

suckit

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

success stems from the coaching position.
the current geu coaches lack decipline.
pushovers to say the least.
the need for someone to step in and make firebreathing dragons out of geu players is no doubt the key.
elminate this plague and the fvsl will bow to you.

,,,carry on my pussy cats.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

FVcascade said:
Can't a guy go for a kick around?

of course......but not with them, they're a rival!! do you see ronaldo going for a kick around with barcelona?? I rest my case :p

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I agree with ya cascadesoccer what's the deal Fv cascade? Are ya jumping ship? Your old mans a good coach and it's too bad he's packing it in for now. I'm just trying to think of who's gonna run the GEU premier team and CAT and it would make sense to me to have Pav be the CAT coach and as Luc mentioned an unbiased name to run the Premier. This Premier job is gonna take a person that has thick skin and obviously has no problem with decision making. Unfortunately that knocks off most if not all candidates that I can think of?

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

with being a part of the premier team for the 5 years it has been in maple ridge and being a fairly dedicated member of the club I agree a change needs to be made at the coaching spot,yet as wisers stated only a addition or change of 4-5 players or so.I think it is a bunch of shite that the bknights think they can take the premier spot when they have done nothing to help the premier team other than a game or two when they have needed players.In addition to this two bk players were playing premier 2 yrs ago and left on their own.The knights have made it clear that they wanted to move up as a team, they cant win div#1 on their own and now want the geu spot that they have had nothing to do with.For a fact I know that A.Solk asked some black knights to play premier and they said no.

suckit

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

can said:
with being a part of the premier team for the 5 years it has been in maple ridge and being a fairly dedicated member of the club I agree a change needs to be made at the coaching spot,yet as wisers stated only a addition or change of 4-5 players or so.I think it is a bunch of shite that the bknights think they can take the premier spot when they have done nothing to help the premier team other than a game or two when they have needed players.In addition to this two bk players were playing premier 2 yrs ago and left on their own.The knights have made it clear that they wanted to move up as a team, they cant win div#1 on their own and now want the geu spot that they have had nothing to do with.For a fact I know that A.Solk asked some black knights to play premier and they said no.

r u worried there can? huh? can't handle a bit of friendly challenge?

you guys never asked for our help so dont go yappin bout nothing.
after a few exhibition games vs. you guys im not sure if it'd be beneficial to be a part of your team anyways.
face it, we're now part of the decision making process and if your team is lucky we'll let a couple of you join our squad. :D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Suckit,

Look where you are going to finish in Div 1. Is that a team ready for Premier?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0