Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Geu Tigers Try-outs

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The GEU Tigers will be having their try outs in the coming weeks for anyone that thinks they are good enough to crack the line up. There are 16 positions all ready accounted for and that leaves 2 positions still available. Must be of premier quality to make team just like the rest of us.

Should be the best Tigers team ever assembled.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is a try out?

Sheep:

Let me see if I get it.

You are going to have try outs.

16 guys have locked up spots BEFORE the try outs start.

2 players can make the team via try outs.

Is this really try outs?

This is about as fair as one of your Saturday night sheep shagging soirees in September in a Surrey sheepyard.

Guys are going to want to miss sheep shagging to make this kind of try out.

Go Sheep Go, err Go Tigers.....:p

ps: I thought the Tigers were a football or baseball team name.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The GEU Tigers will be having their try outs in the coming weeks for anyone that thinks they are good enough to crack the line up. There are 16 positions all ready accounted for and that leaves 2 positions still available. Must be of premier quality to make team just like the rest of us.

Great fcuking piss-take, YouShagSheep. You even had Reccos biting at that one. One of the better piss-takes in awhile. Well done.

:)

Captain

P.S. If it is not a piss-take, could you please send me directions to the park because I want to finish my career on a team which is going in the right direction; to the provincial cup. Cheers

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, I dunno about that being a piss take

Captain you obviously don't know the Maple Ridge sheep shagging club, GEU. If this is a piss take then this is right out of character for this organization.

These guys don't do things the usual way. Check out the threads on the other GEU Premier team and the latest GEU thread on pre-season scores where their Premier team the Ultra played the Div 1 Black Knights on Friday.

Originally posted by H-Dog
I can't say enough about the quality and vision of the coaching staff for the GEU premier team. Having two tryout sessions in June - NICE!!! Everyone is really focussed and fit for trying out for next years team - ya right give me a break. I am looking forward to the sprints with no warm-up or playing handball or how about tag. I'm not sure what I'm going to do; go and watch and shake my head, go and play and shake my head, or not show and shake my head. Maybe I should go and get my piece of paper with next years philosophy and goals which for some reason are never addressed again, what a joke!

If the Sheep guys team ain't starting training, then they seem to alone out there in GEU land. I know Hot Dog here was referring to the Ultra (great name for a soccer team) but can the Sheep's guys be far behind? It is July.

Remember GEU are the home of the famed soccer names: Associates, Tigers, Titans, Strikers and Old Haney (that one is a good name for a team!); and, it is the only club that has a thread to slag their coach while they year in and year out continue to play for the guy.

Now was the Sheep guy criticizing his team. Could be.

;) :p

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know that it sounds kind of strange to be having try outs this early especially when we are not even a premier team. But the funny thing about this is that we are one of the last GEU Men’s teams to hold try outs. The Premier, Cat and Div 1 have all picked their teams and starting lineups and are ready to go for the start of the season in 2 short months. We do things differently in Maple Ridge. We don’t mess around. So if anybody wants to play for a winning team than there are still 2 spots left on the Tigers.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheep

I guess you are going to have a new sign on in the Captain as he promised in his post to be joining your side if this is true.

PM me and I will give you his phone number. And I thought you guys were always shitting on each other.

:p

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Premier, Cat and Div 1 have all picked their teams and starting lineups and are ready to go for the start of the season in 2 short months. We do things differently in Maple Ridge. We don’t mess around. So if anybody wants to play for a winning team than there are still 2 spots left on the Tigers.

So it wasn't a piss-take? Holy fcuk. Where do you guys find room for all the trophies you win year in and year out? Surely, you have a separate clubhouse for all the hardware. Since the starting line-ups are already picked for the season, is there a point in me even coming out? I was willing to drive to Maple Ridge, IF I had a chance to start. However, with this latest development, I am going to have to backpedal on my original statements. Sorry, ILOVESHEEP, but I have decided against this move.

Captain

P.S. - How the fcuk can a coach pick a starting line-up TWO months before the season? Most coaches go on a week to week basis, depending on things such as performance in training, or in some situations how long a player has played for a club. In other words, the token gesture. :)

Good luck, GEU. I wish you all the best this season and am looking forward to watching you in the provincial final. Cheers.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Starting Lineups

Captain.

I don't think the starting lineups have been picked yet but the teams have. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he has a good mindset on who will start.
:rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Problem is.........

Shouldn't believe everything ShagSheep says.
He hasn't an f'ing clue.

:D

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First day of tryouts looked to be quite extreme. Too bad I couldn’t stick around to see the end as I had other commitments. The training began with a lap around the field followed by some light stretching. Next up was an intense and complicated dribbling around the pylons drill.

So many will try but only a few will make the cut. The odds are against anyone trying to make the final 2 spots on this team. Don’t expect to see Captain Sham out there as he is all talk and no action.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The training began with a lap around the field followed by some light stretching. Next up was an intense and complicated dribbling around the pylons drill.

I'm not sure about the all-talk no action comment. I'm concerned with the intense one lap around the field and light stretching. That 's enough to turn anyone off. BTW, how complicated can it be dribbling around cones? This sort of intensity/complexity is WAY too much for this old man to cope with. Good luck with the rest of the tryouts.

That's how I'm going to pick my high school team next year. I'm just going to see how they can dribble around cones because that is what the game is all about. That and angles.

Captain

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain and the Sheep

Sheep: it is true that the Captain has reneged on his promise to seek 1 of 2 remaining spots for the famed GEU Tigers. However, it is shoc-king to read that you, having locked up one of the 16 spots so far, simply had to do a warm up lap, dribble around some pilons and hit the barn yard for a sheep shagging derby! Other commitments!!! The side should be coming down hard on those who miss pre-season tryouts no matter how big a star he happens to be.

Instead of seeing snot coming out of some noses during hard fought competition for two jobs, we get some lame story that you had "other commitments". Not looking good in the Tigers camp this year with that kind of work ethic.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude Read Again

Dud: You obviously didn't- or perhaps couldn't- read or understand the whole thread. It wasn't a piss take. These guys are actually holding tryouts for two spots. I know Sheep is joking about the tryout drills but so am I.

Dud: Who can't recognize a piss take? Methinks you need a mirror.
:wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know you are, but what am I? (Can't say it back.)

Whatever you say.

"Zing!" Sheep- I think you have one on the hook!

Instead of seeing snot coming out of some noses during hard fought competition for two jobs, we get some lame story that you had "other commitments". Not looking good in the Tigers camp this year with that kind of work ethic.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good one Dude, Nice Way Out

Dude:

It appears that you have had one too many falls off your bike without your helmet on.

:wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0