Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Group A

Who will win this group?

• France

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • Senegal

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Uruguay

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Denmark

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Senegalese magic

Quote: "Goaltender Tony Sylva was golden for Senegal."

Golden bystanding? It was more the lack of a French offence than any quality from the Senegalese keeper. France had a good crossbar and post, but so did Senegal. Senegal did play excellent defence and tackled extremely well. Their run to the finals of this year's African Nations Cup was no fluke.

As far as the game goes, how can anyone say this was boring? It was a world-class upset that started the tournament off in an amazing fashion.

That reminds me of some twerp I hear on CKNW Sportstalk last night, Alfie Lau, talking about how some games at these tournaments are real dogs. Dogs? It's the World Cup man!

Sometimes the games don't have the spectacular goals, but the fact that so much is riding on the game to the people in the countries involved means that every game is meaningful. If teams play well, it's news, if teams play poorly it's news, the importance of each World Cup game makes it exciting regardless of the result.

France are lost without Zidane. Look for his return in Game 2.

max
lookingforwardtoIrelandvsCameroontonight

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can you Imagine how fcked up all the world cup pools would be if France didn't make it through? I was sorting through Surrey United's 120+ pools last night and I can say it would be bad for allot of them.

Even with them finishing 2nd will result in missed points.

Never trust the French OR zzzGermans.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
France FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKCCCCCCCCCCC
off!!!!!

Thats 4 years of frustration working in a french company with ****y french fukcs.

They say Zidane might not be back before the second round if they make it!!!!!!!!!

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Max ...I disagree

I have to disagree with you. France, who is rated one of the top teams, played very poor footy. Their passes were not sharp, there was no killer instinct towards the net and even the defense was suspect. Not at all what I expected from the defending champs. As for Senegal, they played a great game. They tackled hard and attacked throughout the game. All this made for a very average game in my books.

I do have to agree with you about the Senegal keeper, he was not tested much. He did make some interesting tackles though. I would be concerned about such moves if I were on the back line.

As for Sportstalk, I stopped listening to that cause I was getting tired of hearing about hockey, baseball, basketball, tennis and NO SOCCER. Eventhough World Cup is the most watch sporting event in the world. While, I'm on this rant, The team 1040 is no better. Last I was listening to 45min - 1 hour of how amazing it is that Carolina was going the Stanley Cup finals....whatever..click and off it went.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Denmark 2 Uruguay 1

That was a much more entertaining match.
Hell of a goal by the Uruguay player.

I didn't know Uncle/cousin Fester from the Adam's Family was playing for Uruguay (on the back line).

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a blast from the past this Denmark side are.

Hummel??

Go Denmark!!

Fcuk Senegal, they're just the France "C" squad anyways.

Actually, I'm watching this game right now and I can't believe how cheap the Senegalese are.

They kick the Dane till he's down and then two or three of them start stepping on the prone player, forcing his team-mates to push the Senegalese off of him. Very cheap stuff.

Ah penalty!!!!

Not all of the refs are morons in this tourney.

JD scores!!!!!

Carry on.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All aboard!

The Senegal Band Wagon starts here. :cool:

They certainly are a hacky bunch aren't they. Not a stitch of control over their limbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0