Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Group G

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You sound angry...

Yes I have played the game...a long time ago. I'm 31 now so it was about 6 or 7 years ago.

No, I don't babble like a chicken.

No, I don't post anything at the Croatian Cultural Center.

Cue Jinky (or Fastshow? can't remember) HTHBH

BTW, In a recent article Davor Suker has tipped himself to be the World Cup Golden Boot winner again.

You just have to respect the man's confidence.

:cool:

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has it been that long???

CDK what bout the NK team??? You forget about us!!

PS what's going on with smecers??

28 days till Croatia/Mexico!!!

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, BJB. I was just talking about premier...I hardly call that NK season "playing the game."

Yes, I did play one season for NK in div three a couple of years ago. The Watcher pulled me out of retirement/bad knee for one season. And then I blew out my other knee.

PS. I'm not playing poker for awhile. I'm using my gambling money to place some big bets on world Cup games.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I-Ties To Blame...

Igor Tudor, Croatias heart of the defence is out of the World Cup. He will need to have surgery on his leg. Heres' an article from UEFA.com

From Uefa.com

Tudor ruled out for Croatia
Tuesday 7 May 2002
Croatia will travel to the FIFA World Cup finals without defender Igor Tudor, who needs surgery on an injured ankle.

'Twenty per cent down'
The loss of the 23-year-old Juventus FC player, a pivotal figure in the Croatian defence, is a serious blow to the team. Head coach Mirko Jozic said: "Igor's absence means we have lost some 20 per cent of our value. Igor called me to say he was having problems and was going to be operated on in two or three days. He was and is one of our key players."

Juventus blamed

Jozic has blamed Serie A champions Juventus for playing the defender despite an agreement that he would only be used sparingly with the World Cup in mind. Tudor picked up the injury in April but returned to action two weeks ago.

Thanks JUVE!!!
PS Wasn't it lazio that screwed BOKSIC 4 years ago??? What a surprise. Scared of playing Croats full strength!! FCUKIng SHITE!

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tudor, 23 has emerged as one of Europe's most sought-after players for his vigilant defense and tendency to score crucial goals.

Former skipper Zvonimir Boban, who won glory with AC Milan during the '90s, hailed Tudor as ``the new Franz Beckenbauer,'' while Juventus coach Marcello Lippi has often said that he can't imagine his side without the towering defender.

I don't feel so confident with Croatia's chances anymore. That's a huge blow.

Crazy Calabrese

Apr 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
re.Juventus Blamed

This guy makes millions of dollars playing with "Juventus" and is set for life and some dumb fcukin croatian is complaining that Juve tried to screw him. He is a good player and Juve was ina battle to win the scudetto so they should be able to play their best guys to obtain the best results...**** the agreement...if you just wanna play for your country then so be it...

BJB, GIVE YOUR HEAD A SHAKE...Croatia are a good team and will be hard to beat even without Tudor but this does improve Italy's chances of winning the group, no doubt.

mehmet

Aug 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Suker, huh?

CDK Quote:

"BTW, In a recent article Davor Suker has tipped himself to be the World Cup Golden Boot winner again. You just have to respect the man's confidence."

At his age, that's about all you can respect.

Mehmet ;)

mustadmitsukerwasfantasticateuro96inengland

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CDK does one player make your team, what happened to all those players you named before and how great they were?

The excuses are starting!!!!!

Slav

Mar 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No excuses from here. I predict Croatia will be even better, because every one will realize they have to pick up they're game now with Tudor gone. CDK I'm disappointed in you!

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF? I never said I lost confidence. I just said "I don't feel so confident". And lets face it, I was pretty fcukin confident before...

Yes, we still have a very solid backline. I'm guessing that either Zivkovic (Bayer Leverkusen) or Simunic (Hertha Berlin) will replace Tudor.

BTW, Croatia beat Hungary 2-0 today while missing 3/4 of our starting line-up.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Check it out

Croatia Played with there 2nd team today by my view

Hrvatska:
Butina (Vasilj 67), (Not Starters)

Šariæ, Sabliæ, Šimuniæ, (Saric May get the Start)

Jarni, Leko (Prosineèki 78), Tapaloviæ, N. Kovaè (Jarni and Kovac/Prosinecki will start)
Vugrinec (Oliæ 59), T. Mariæ (Petriæ 46), Rapaiæ (Agiæ 64)
(Not Starters, and i dont' nkow who will be called up out of these guys)

Friday is the day we do find out.

so 3-4 starters played today? or did i miss someone?

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
R. Baggio Not Going

Just read Baggio ain't called up. I haven't paid attention to his play this year but did he deserve a call up? or is this a coach/player feud????

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From eufa.com

Baggio missing from Italy squad
Wednesday 8 May 2002
Roberto Baggio, whose missed penalty cost Italy the 1994 FIFA World Cup, has failed to win a place in Giovanni Trapattoni's squad for this summer's finals.

Goal-scoring form
The Brescia Calcio striker has been on goal-scoring form since recovering from his recent knee operation, but the national coach has insisted that Baggio's fitness was too fragile to risk, especially as he is able to call on the likes of Alessandro Del Piero, Christian Vieri and Vincenzo Montella in the same position.

Main absentees
Otherwise, midfield players Massimo Ambrosini and Stefano Fiore are the main absentees in a squad of few surprises that is tipped to be strong contenders to win back a title they last lifted in 1982. Veterans Roberto Maldini and Angelo Di Livio are both included, the latter in place of the injured Gianluca Pessotto.

Maldini's fourth finals
Captain Maldini, capped over 120 times by Italy, will play in his fourth World Cup finals, having first tasted major international competition in the 1988 UEFA European Championship finals in the Federal Republic of Germany.

Coco stands alone
FC Barcelona midfield player Francesco Coco is the only non-Italian based member of the squad, which contains four selections from Serie A champions Juventus FC, one less than runners-up AS Roma and third-placed Internazionale FC, who were both pipped for the title on the last day.

Stand-by quartet
AS Roma goalkeeper Francesco Antonioli, AC Fiorentina defender Daniele Adani, midfield player Massimo Ambrosini of Milan AC and Parma AC striker Marco Di Vaio are all on stand-by for the squad should there be any withdrawals.

Ecuador opener
Italy begin their Group G campaign against Ecuador on 3 June before further matches with Croatia and Mexico.

Italy squad
Buffon, Toldo, Abbiati, Cannavaro, Nesta, Maldini, Panucci, Materazzi, Iuliano, Coco, Zambrotta, Di Biagio, Zanetti, Gattuso, Tommasi, Di Livio, Vieri, Del Piero, Doni, F Inzaghi, Totti, Montella, Delvecchio.

BASICALLY THE COACH DOESNT LIKE BAGGIO, HE NEVER HAD PLANS ON TAKING HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE, VERY SIMILAR TO THE SITUATION IN BRAZIL WITH ROMARIO....

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Baggio was not a favorite of Trap but having aid that he just came off a serious knee injury.

My 11 for Italia

Gk
Buffon

Def Left-Right
Pannucci Nesta Cannavarro Maldini

Mid Left to Right
Tommassi Di Biagio Zanetti Zambrotta

Strikers
Totti Vieri

App what do you think????

Roberto Maldini????

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia still has strong line-up

Well.. well... with Tudor out of commission his shoes will be very hard to fill. However I dont believe one guy makes or breaks a team. In my humble opinion Croatia still has more depth than WC98, even with Tudor out of the line-up. I predict a strong WC for Croatia. My prediction Pletikosa will need to have a spectacular WC since he will probably be the most watched by top Euro clubs. Once again our strikers will be first class and stronger than WC98, midfield will be weaker than WC98 with Boban and Asanovic retired, however watch for Suker filling in for Boban and Prosinecki filling in for Asanovic. Defence will be as strong as WC98, probaby the most mobile defence in the world and one of the toughest to play against. I again will mention Pletikosa the young GK, rated by many fans in the homeland as the most valuable player on the team. In my opinion he his one of the top five GKs in the world.

;)

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Del Piero and Totti are pretty similar players and Vieri cant be left out so I would be surprised if he starts.

Demo thoughts?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ex-Ger

This is the same wee man that played for Rangers back in the mid-late 90's??? If so, he has a huge heart and not a typical Italian player... What I mean is he will be a big asset to bring providing a different element that most countries would never expect out of the I-ties... Back with Rangers his youth and immaturity were his only downfalls... If he has developed into his potential, look out...
Not a superstar, just a lion!!!

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Guiny its the same one.

Your a sharp one now arent we?

Vratar your are putting your no name keeper in the same class as Toldo, Buffon, Bartez, Kahn and Schmecal(Sp?) please give your head a shake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0