Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

High School Basketball Players - what was your

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
warm-up music? One Dart and I are coaching a grade 8 team at SDSS this year and I'm looking to put together a CD of quality warm-up music.........I will start with my high school, Richmond High, and post Foreplay/Long Time - Boston , Cocaine(before my time),

Steveston's warm-up song they came out to was

Mama Let 'Em Play - Jerry Doucette......

In grade 10 we had - Fantasty - Aldo Nova...........

Are there any more songs that would be worth putting on a CD? Cheers......

It'sbeensuchalongtime CSC

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I always fancied Steveston's choice of Mama let 'em play it was like no one else. I had fond memories of Steveston games until a 240 pound 6' 5" white guy named Tom somethingorother dunked on me in grade 11.

At Seascum we had went through 5 troubling years... and our choice of entrance songs were rubbish too. The ones I remember were...

We will Rock you - Queen
Thunderstruck - ACDC
Make you sweat to you bleed - C&C Music Factory
Strike it up (I think) - Black Box

I'm sure the 8's will have no historical sense so I suggest you throw some fidy cent or one those doggy dog choons,

drop da beat

Ps. these snow flakes are a fcuking wind up...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We did a pretty good job in junior basketball of pissing our parents off by warming up to things like Motorhead - Ace of Spades and the like.
I loved watching the parents cringe.
After growing up and out of metal we changed our tune a bit in senior
Our warmup music changed frequently so here's a list of what i can remember:

The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary or Love Removal Machine
Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood
Tesla - Gettin Better (opening needed to be cut short it's a little long for the run in)
and now used by the CSI movies
The Who - Teenage Wasteland or Won't Get Fooled Again

I know in 1989 we listened to Queen - We are the champions as a warmdown song.
:)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Def Leppard - Let's get Rocked
? - Little Less Conversation (Elvis Remixed)
Numerous Tragically Hip songs - Blow at High Dough, Fully Completely, Little Bones
Janes Addiction - Been Caught Stealing

Good Lord I'm Feeling it again. Where can i get a game?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Me too. I've been doing lay ups on the nerf hoop for 30 minutes now.

Slapping back board in my bean squeezers,

KNVB

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cappy:

The obvious: Sweet Georgia Brown. If you can't get motivated by the Globetrotters, what will get you up for a game?

My school was really low-budget, so we had to hum our warmup songs to ourselves....

Votez pour Moi,

Trece

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
I always fancied Steveston's choice of Mama let 'em play it was like no one else. I had fond memories of Steveston games until a 240 pound 6' 5" white guy named Tom somethingorother dunked on me in grade 11.

At Seascum we had went through 5 troubling years... and our choice of entrance songs were rubbish too. The ones I remember were...

We will Rock you - Queen
Thunderstruck - ACDC
Make you sweat to you bleed - C&C Music Factory
Strike it up (I think) - Black Box

I'm sure the 8's will have no historical sense so I suggest you throw some fidy cent or one those doggy dog choons,

drop da beat

Ps. these snow flakes are a fcuking wind up...

Bollocks to the grade 8s taste......:) They're going to learn some of these classics. WE have already stated to them that they're not allowed to wear head bands in games and there will be NO rap whatsoever in warm-up. It is T-town after all. :)

Thunderstruck is definitely too predictable but I was thinking about a little Black Box too. :) Perhaps even Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam.....That just came to mind after your post, KNVB. Well done, big man.......

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
We did a pretty good job in junior basketball of pissing our parents off by warming up to things like Motorhead - Ace of Spades and the like.
I loved watching the parents cringe.
After growing up and out of metal we changed our tune a bit in senior
Our warmup music changed frequently so here's a list of what i can remember:

The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary or Love Removal Machine
Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood
Tesla - Gettin Better (opening needed to be cut short it's a little long for the run in)
and now used by the CSI movies
The Who - Teenage Wasteland or Won't Get Fooled Again

I know in 1989 we listened to Queen - We are the champions as a warmdown song.
:)

Nice one with the Ace of Spades, Yoda. That was a cracker. That leads to others such as Motorbreath, Whiplash, and Metal Melitia......:)

As for We Are The Champions - can't do it. South Delta has NEVER won a REAL provincial championship - curling/golf/gymnastics don't count.

Cheers, Yoda.......

Bang your head against the stage like you never did before
Make it hurt make it bleed make it really sore.....CSC

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Me too. I've been doing lay ups on the nerf hoop for 30 minutes now.

Slapping back board in my bean squeezers,

KNVB

Double In,

We should try and get the Friday afternoons going again but that might be a bit of a hike for Yoda. :) Since we're actually basketball coaches now, we have access to the better balls. :eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde said:
Cappy:

The obvious: Sweet Georgia Brown. If you can't get motivated by the Globetrotters, what will get you up for a game?

My school was really low-budget, so we had to hum our warmup songs to ourselves....

Votez pour Moi,

Trece

Trece,

Sweet Georgia Brown is a MUST on the CD........In fact it might be a great way to lead the guys into the gym before the HEAVY stuff starts. :)

It's hard to believe that Richmond High's warm-up song before Long Time was COCAINE by Eric Clapton........I don't think many schools would be getting away with playing that nowadays. :) Although most of the rap shite is worse than that anyway.......

She's so high she's so high she's so high Cocaine..........

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KLF is going to rock you...

Pump up the jam works well, nice one, but what about a Little Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock it takes two. Joy and Pain perhaps?

What was that Mistro Fresh Wes...tune? Ahhhh it's killing me.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't this really a question that the head coach should be asking?

There will be NO rap on the warm up tapes, some of the kids already asked that on the way to an exhibition game the other day while the Captain serenaded them with the best that 1989 had to offer. I think Jerry Doucette lives in T-town, perhaps we could get him to play live to start our tournament on Friday? I think he will be at the legion in T-town Sunday through Saturday next week, and every week, so if we head down around 11:00pm, I'm sure we could get him to do it if we bought the next round.

From my Vancouver College days we started off to Hell's Bells which always got the adrenaline going at the first riff of the guitar. Yoda's suggestion of She Sells Sancuatury is also a must. Sounds like the kids will be getting a little lesson in classical music this year as well as what hard work means.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's get the Friday b-ball going again. There are a couple of people on staff that aren't useless but there are certainly a number who would answer to the call of H-Dumpty. Sadly, these are usually the types who are into Friday staff sports. They have been playing Volleyball lately, the most stationary of high school sports, so that these individuals don't actually break a sweat and lose a couple LB's. Hopefully with the promise of b-ball they would bow out.

Extremebumpchampion2003

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
Let's get the Friday b-ball going again. There are a couple of people on staff that aren't useless but there are certainly a number who would answer to the call of H-Dumpty. Sadly, these are usually the types who are into Friday staff sports. They have been playing Volleyball lately, the most stationary of high school sports, so that these individuals don't actually break a sweat and lose a couple LB's. Hopefully with the promise of b-ball they would bow out.

Extremebumpchampion2003

Bawbag,

Where are you coming up with this garbage? Extreme Bump Champion? Nice one. F-baws.

Extreme Three Point Champion 2003. GIRUY. :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Extreme chump champion maybe. Though OD did excel in all the chug and chuck competitions.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
KLF is going to rock you...

Pump up the jam works well, nice one, but what about a Little Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock it takes two. Joy and Pain perhaps?

What was that Mistro Fresh Wes...tune? Ahhhh it's killing me.

Move with the Maestro indeed.......It Takes Two / Joy and Pain are nice but I'm looking for the REAL POWER music.....These two work for me when I'm drinking at the dyke on weekends but might not do the job for the warm-up......

Maestro Fresh Wes - 3 songs Let Your Backbone Slide, Conducting Things, and Drop The Needle...........will all be as close to rap as we get......:)

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I kept stats! Are you questioning my abilites? If you want to dance next practice Bawbag, let's get out the Elvira and go.

ODundefeatedgrade8boysbumpchampion2005/2006

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0