Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Holiday Break Training

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What are you doing over the holidays to keep fit? Anything?

Does your team hold any sessions or have any games scheduled?

For us (peg), we usually do nothing until after Jan 1st as a team. I've heard other teams have training sessions this week, perhaps working on bike techniques :rolleyes:

Personally, I've been on 2 short runs but plan on running everyday from now until our first league game back which is scheduled for the 10th but I highly doubt that will happen.

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've done nothing but drink and eat since the break started an lost 4 pounds, so I think I stick to that schedule...

Slurrey has training planned for tonight and New Years cnuting-after-noon on the new turf. I don't know how many guys will actually attend, but it's worth a shot. :rolleyes: I think it'll just be a 5 a side to run out whatever damage the night before brings... We also have a friendly vs. Crafty/ Delta Jan 3. Standard Monday - Thursday training before we face Indo on the 10th.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We haven't had a full training since mid September so this time off should be a piece of cake:D

We did play Delta last weekend at JO's park and have a game scheduled for Jan 3rd on Slurrey's turf vs some powerhouse valley team.................

Oh and Regs, we have turf so the game is on:rolleyes:

John

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Classic

Funny stuff knvb, I have seen Saint warm-up, if you call it that, and that clip is spot on.

As for myself, I was told by physio that hot and colds were the way to go after my last two starts, so I chose Hot Turkey Sandwiches and Cold Pints. I have squeezed in a few runs down to the stairs at Kits Beach pool, not bad for 15 - 20 minutes of stair running, then off to the Kings Head for more Hot and Colds.

hos

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello Pot, this is kettle .......

I'll have you know tosser that I'm in the top physical condition of my life :rolleyes:

My Holiday Break training has consisted of painting a circle in my backyard approximately 20 yards in diameter, planting my new Laz-y-boy lawnchair in the middle while propping down a cooler stocked full of 'Old Speckled Hen' and Boddington's whilst laughing uncontrolably visioning knvb trying to bring down a ball with his instep.

Wait ....... isn't that what my 'during the season training' is as well ??!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VMSLers train eh?
Interesting, sounds like fun.....

Note to self:
Advise FVSL that football doesn't need to be a once a week endeavour.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
7 guys showed up for a session for the Club I men last week some time....

As for the women, we have had 3 practices over the break. Mixed with the youth team, we have had no fewer than 14 out. We were supposed to have another one today but the weather/grounds did not cooperate....... We will be back at it on Saturday, although I might not be sober, after Celtic beats the Huns.....

Captain

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
westside's off season training commences and ends with what should be another hotly contested affair between the white shirts and dark shirts in the spacious confines of shaughnessy elementary on thursday jan 8th. the training is followed shortly thereafter by some hotly contested debate over pints at nevermind and, regrettably further debate over scotch at ellwoods. the committment is something to behold.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
training for the aged....

For those of us in the ancient leagues (Regs, please update the standings!!!) training is a sporadic event, especially when your season is supposed to restart on January 4th (it's true). Best option is a Saturday kickabout in the billowing snow with the Willingdon Legends of Football followed by the requisite consumption of substantial quantities of (in no particular order) beers, wine, grappa, and other heartwarming substances. The rest of my holiday training schedule consisted of 20 oz. curls and keeping the sticky-fingered younguns out of the nanaimo bars long enough for anybody else to get some...:D

Beerz,

stew:cool:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Training in the Snow

Sap keeps up the fitness by playing a football game. It's close enough to soccer for us, so we are in the proper mind-set when the league starts up again.;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I fcuking died tonight after about 10 minutes of some 3 v 3 b-ball at Peg's first session back... painful to do that thing that we all do with our lungs... :confused:

I'll have to go for a long run tomorrow - :rolleyes:

~Regs.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Whites beat the Westside Darks 4 games to 3 last nite at Shaughnessy Elementary. Pints are beating me convincingly today...
on a side note, the shocking return of Gregor last nite. A comeback in the works perhaps...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We scheduled a road run then a team meeting with second half commitment on the top of the agenda. The 3 of us just decided to go to the pub instead.

Saint

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
on a side note, the shocking return of Gregor last nite. A comeback in the works perhaps...

There’s a blast from the past.

Forums were simpler when Gregor was around. He was the voice of reason, you know. I simply don’t trust the other one.

If Gregor is allowed to buy 50 percent of TTP Inc., and KNVB stops calling me fat, and Ballbaby posts a picture of his infamous wife, and Dazza is welcomed back into the fold, and Saint Jr. changes his moniker, and Fastshow stops phoning, and Captain Shamrock tells his daughter that the royal We said happy birthday, and HOS, HOS stops repeating himself, I’ll consider buying Jinky a premium membership as a late Easter present.

My winter training is going swimmingly well, as one might well imagine - rubber armbands and all.

Ahem…piss-takes regarding the size of the floatation device needed to keep me buoyant will result in Jinky having an unpleasant late Easter.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0