Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How has the snow had an impact?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I live in Maple Ridge and now work in Mission and am driving on one of the scariest highways due to the snow. Yesterday was the worst as it was a whiteout and visibility was brutal! My wife and daughter are getting bored from staying inside as the roads are too scary. How about you guys?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would imagine anyone in the trades fields are enjoying a nice break from work.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been getting up at 3:30am almost everyday I haven't been busier in the last three weeks then I am right now because of the snow. I hate the short drive to Poco in the Snow. people don't know how to drive in it.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's just dumping snow down in Maple Ridge at this time???
A guy from the city knocked on the door and told me to shovel my sidewalk as it's the home owners responsibility??? Screw that city guys...get off your fat asses and do it yourselves. I pay tax dollars not for you guys to make snow angels only!

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just made the scary drive home from Richmond to North Van...needless to say roads people were caught off guard as Hwy 99 and Knight Street were brutal. It's time that all new roads constructed used geo-thermal energy or radiant heating for de-icing. Salt and plowing can't keep up.

Next person that tells me that they love the snow gets a kick in the nuts.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A guy from the city knocked on the door and told me to shovel my sidewalk as it's the home owners responsibility??? Screw that city guys...get off your fat asses and do it yourselves. I pay tax dollars not for you guys to make snow angels only!

Sorry, thats what the salt is for, it says so right in the contract, right under the line "cold pay" and above the line "slush allowance".

Off to make snow angels with TR.

hos

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The 6 O'clock news tonight had a great story on how the police force are taking the chains off their cars, and salt trucks are being emptied and cleaned around the lower mainland, since were expecting rain... could be a great commute tomorrow morning...

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So it snowed like a foot and a half...what does salt do besides skim an inch off the top? They say it has to be gone by 10 am the next day. Well i work so unless I'm outfront shoveling at 5:30am it won't happen??? It was priceless as the officer at the door had a hard time walking up my driveway and almost fell on his fat ass! Do they have free gym memberships with the city?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats funny, no gym memberships, but free donuts at every safety meeting. They meeting are days that end in y and run for 1 hour or until donuts are gone.

City tip #1: The salt will work if you drive or walk on such salt for a substantial amount of time, or when snow is gone.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just got home from Richmond and it's a white out from Sportstown to Langley and not a salt truck to be seen. The 99 in completely covered and by the time everyone gets home from he Canucks game tonight it'll be a packed sheet of ice.

Good luck with that tomorrow commuters.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just so you know, if some falls because you didn't shovel and sues you, your house insurance doesn't cover you. So you may want to shovel it.

As for my impact, my back friggin hurts, I'm pretty sure I just lost my wallet tonight, went back to the places I was at from when I last remembered, but there's 5 inches of snow where I had parked. Good luck finding it in that shite.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0