Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HPL Founding Franchises

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Bettermirror. First day pay for SYL tryouts and play. Than they go to HPL tryouts pay again. Then around Chistmas indoor pay again. In total five grand. I am not joking. Second year will be $2500.00 plus coast of eating out and travel money. Again around four grand per year. I did coach high level teams. I know the coasts.
Parents must be told true facts or there is going to be huge drop second year. Only upper class folks can pay that much per child. There is no garatee these kids will even make a BC team. Darn it how many stick will it take?

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just in...

The Burnaby / North Shore HPL Franchise will be known as Mountain United Football Club. Our name combines the united commitment of our members and the mountains common to both geographic areas.

Mountain United FC is pleased to announce our Technical Staff and Team Coach appointments for the inaugural BC Premier Soccer League season. We are confident of our coaching staff’s abilities to attract and foster the development of our Premier League players.

Mountain United FC – Technical Staff

Technical Director Frank Ciaccia

Head Coach - Girls Jesse Symons

Head Coach - Boys Andrea Agnoloni

Team Coaches

U13 Girls Amy Vermeulen & Ying Ying (Shine) Sun (Co-coaches)

U14 Girls Jeff Hodgson

U15 Girls Marcelo Zuge

U16 Girls Jesse Symons

U17/18 Girls Lee Tregonning

U13 Boys Ruben Castelblanco

U14 Boys Justin Thompson

U15 Boys Elio Ciaccia

U16 Boys Andrea Agnoloni

U17/18 Boys Tony Francisco

MUFC Tryouts

Player tryouts for the various Divisions will be announced as soon as possible, our target start date for these tryouts is the last week of March. Locations and times of tryouts will be broadcast as widely as possible and will be at Turf field locations in both Burnaby and North Shore.

MUFC will soon have a website home which will be the informational hub for everything about us and specifically Tryout dates, locations, and registration information. As soon as the website is functional we will be send out further news releases.

FatherFodder

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: HPL Founding Franchises - The Cost of Soccers pales compared to Hockey

While getting photographed for this month's cover of "Whipped" magazine, a friend of mine with a son in Rep hockey reminded me of how stupid hockey is getting. He thinks we've got it off easy. Careful HPL folks, don't take this as an opportunity to increase your costs...

Just check out this article about the cost of hockey in Canada from last year - I assume it's more this year. What the hell are we doing to kids sports??
Is the cost keeping kids out of minor hockey? Absolutely, players and parents say

From this article "In St. John's and area, registration for major midget AAA costs $6,000 a season. In the Greater Toronto Hockey League, Gardner says, the average registration fee for AA and AAA teams is from $2,500 to $3,000, with $5,000 being "the high-end."

In Europe, according to the article, costs are down to the equivalent of $200-300 per year as most clubs are subsidized by the corporate world. Is this in the cards for us?

Maybe the government can step in and declare any costs associated with sports as a full tax deduction rather than the pittance they throw at us.

Now back to my photo session.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What has changed boys?To me nothing,same old coaches. HPL is just SYL. I wish you guys all the best.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love that it is MUFC!!! Are you guys going to wear white shorts and black socks with the traditional Red jerseys of North Shore/Burnaby! Love it. haha.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain....my daughters go to Holy Cross. We had 25 kids tryout last season. Only three were seniors,my eldest being the only one of the three playing in Gold level soccer,the other two were a house player and a strictly school player. Some of the girls who tryed out had never played the game. Our high point last year was finishng 4th at the BC Catholic soccer championship tourney. We actually beat the eventual winners St. Thomas More. We did get walloped by double AA BC champs Burnsview 8-0 & 5-0 or something like that but they had a stacked team with alot of Surdel Sting players (gr 12s in otherwords). But I have to admit all the girls who played last year are coming out again this year because they enjoyed playing...isn't that the point? Imean winning is fun,no doubt,but if you can have fun also it's even better.

Cheers!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scottyshell, is Mr. Pezzente coaching there? I believe he is? I taught Mr. Pezzente in grade 7. :) High school soccer gives the kids a great chance to compete at a good level AND enjoy themselves playing with their friends they see everyday at school. It is a unique opportunity for a lot of the 'higher' level kids to play different roles on the teams as quite often club coaches are SO fixated on winning they forget about player development so Jenny will play right back all her youth career. Good stuff.

As for the age in school soccer, that's what makes it fun too. Last year, our team had 1 grade 12 and 2 grade 11s on the team......with the 1 grade 12 being the only starter. 3 grade 8s started for us so it really gives a lot of kids a chance to play against older competition which is great for development.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yep...they call him Pez? Anyway...he coaches the senior boys basketball team. He is also the teacher sponsor for the senior girls soccer team and he's really starting to like soccer alot. Even gets out there playing during the practices. Good guy!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh to get back on topic......WAY too much money to play in this league. WE figured out our budget for our school girls today...

$300 For this........20-26 games, two pairs of socks, pair of shorts, 2011 school soccer t-shirt, new Condivo top, ferry/transportation/accommodation to Kamloops and Victoria where we will be staying for 4 nights in total, and the mandatory school athletic fee ($50).

Coaches get paid DIDDLE and parents are really important as they are the drivers because there are no buses in the budget.

I forgot to mention too that we didn't charge the kids anything to tryout because we weren't sure where the money would go.

FatherFodder

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
High school soccer gives the kids a great chance to compete at a good level AND enjoy themselves playing with their friends they see everyday at school. It is a unique opportunity for a lot of the 'higher' level kids to play different roles on the teams as quite often club coaches are SO fixated on winning they forget about player development so Jenny will play right back all her youth career. Good stuff.

Captain, I can vouch for you on this. High School soccer brings GREAT joy to my son for all those reasons you stated. More demonstrated outward joy than Selects. Last year, unfortunately, it was a source of stress as the Selects Coach severely frowned on it and punished players for being late for practice due to games conflicts. Pretty lame! This year in Selects is a nice change.

Cap - our son is loving it all - so you and the rest of the coaches that do it for the pure joy of coaching kids and for the love of the game keep on doing what you're doing. Cheers!

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know I've coached high school aged kids. They always choose to play high school soccer. I have suggested to them it might not be the best idea as they further reduce their time to study, socialize, and oh, of course rest. However, once the players have made up their minds and choose to play both school and club. Any coach that punishes and or continues to frown at the player is only doing a disservice to himself as a coach. He loses the player emotionally. The kid has made a decision and only wants support. The only consequence I have ever given a player for playing high school soccer are the following (1) If you miss practice or are late without giving me a heads up you might not start the Saturday or....maybe I make you wash all the pinnies and tell their mom and dad that the kid has to do it, not the parent! Or make then pick-up the cones at the end of training! We do a lot of SSG so that can be a lot of cones sometimes! :)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quick question for everyone going off on the costs involved:

Can you point me to ANY resources that state what the confirmed per kid cost is for ANY of the 8 franchises?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby North Shore will end up between four and five thosand first year. Due to SYL first, in june changes to HPL and then in the winter goes indoor. Above all the cost is a Provincial program for those few lucky parents. MSLis a better bet for most.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0