Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HPL Founding Franchises

Kool_Beans

Jan 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
At least they have come out with a stating point that is reasonable for the parents. It may go up the second year but so could everybody elses. At least they have made the information available. What is SU going to charge for the pre-season, kit and then the full year? Is the figure of $2500 that everyone is talking about close to the truth?

I realize that there is a shite load of work that these clubs have undertaken but surely some information can be made available to the public. Every franchise has an existing club web site that they can use. Tryouts are starting to be posted and yet how many parents really know what is going on? We talk to parents from other clubs and this is the first time they are hearing about it. By the time they figure it out the tryouts will be over.It's not the same-old-same-old where you go to your normal tryout with your club that you know well in advance. Because this is so new they need to be more pro-active in 'marketing' the BCPL.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
$1075 for a 7 game mini season is NOT reasonable in my books. I realize none of the clubs have set out a break down of their costs but that should be first and foremost if money is a factor. All teams will be travelling to the Island twice and the Interior twice in the "full" season. So..travel costs?? My daughter played right in our backyard (North Delta)and was quite happy were she was with her team,teammates and coaches.....club was not awarded a franchise...got moved to South Fraser...in other words...our backyard is now supposed to be at South Surrey Athletic....hmmmmm...don't think so. Sounds like we're playing MSL in "our backyard" next season. For a lot less money...and she'll still be happy!!!

Cheers

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still no reason for the ARSENAL attachment? WTF? Scottyshell......personally we need to put our own bid in.........cost $382 per season.

Kool_Beans

Jan 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scottyshell..I agree, after some more calculations and thought, the $1075 is completely out of wack. That is 83% of the costs for the full season of $1300, for only 3 months. SF has said that this 'mini-season' is a probationary period for the players,coaches and club. They have indicated that a large amount of the costs are to go to coaching fees. My question is.. if the coaches are also on probationary for the first 3 months then why are they being paid? Not only are the coaches being paid but also the asst coaches and the managers. It appears that a high percentage of the coaches are coming from the Metro league that were being paid somewhere around $3000-$5000 per year and now just because they are coaching in BCPL they are going to paid, what? double? triple? why? Did their skill level just double and triple over night? How much is a youth soccer coach worth?

Canadian Spur

Mar 4, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scottyshell..I agree, after some more calculations and thought, the $1075 is completely out of wack. That is 83% of the costs for the full season of $1300, for only 3 months. SF has said that this 'mini-season' is a probationary period for the players,coaches and club. They have indicated that a large amount of the costs are to go to coaching fees. My question is.. if the coaches are also on probationary for the first 3 months then why are they being paid? Not only are the coaches being paid but also the asst coaches and the managers. It appears that a high percentage of the coaches are coming from the Metro league that were being paid somewhere around $3000-$5000 per year and now just because they are coaching in BCPL they are going to paid, what? double? triple? why? Did their skill level just double and triple over night? How much is a youth soccer coach worth?

I've heard that Srrey United's coaching budget is $180,000. with 10 teams that's $18,000 per team. Not sure how this is allocated between coaches, assistant coaches and Managers but not matter how you slice it is a lot of money.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still no reason for the ARSENAL attachment? WTF? Scottyshell......personally we need to put our own bid in.........cost $382 per season.

I don't know Captain....for a 18 game season...$382 puts the cost over $20 bucks a game.....how would I be able to take the kids for slurpees or Tim's hot chocolate/donuts when we won??? How would I be able to throw the coaches/parents Xmas all you can eat/drink party:wa:??Okay..kidding about that one!:rolleyes: Oh yeah...the way it's always done...out of my pocket:)

Cheers!

by the way...tryouts for South Fraser are $15 per kid!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done to Metro Ford for not gouging money out of the parents. How can you manage to do free tryouts? :rolleyes: How can you make money with that?

Where would we find the coaches of all the teams at this point?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know Captain....for a 18 game season...$382 puts the cost over $20 bucks a game.....how would I be able to take the kids for slurpees or Tim's hot chocolate/donuts when we won??? How would I be able to throw the coaches/parents Xmas all you can eat/drink party:wa:??Okay..kidding about that one!:rolleyes: Oh yeah...the way it's always done...out of my pocket:)

Cheers!

by the way...tryouts for South Fraser are $15 per kid!

$15 is a nice round number. Why not $14.75? WTF?

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Balls.....coaching girls now?? $20 for a tryout too?? Looks like MF is going to win in that category.Free to tryout.....wonder how long that will last? Administrative fees....what is that exactly? Kid/parent fills out the tryout form...hands it back with $20....20 goes in secure cash box,form goes in pile.....wow....$20 bucks eh?

Cheers!

Always more fun to have a cold one while posting here!

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Balls.....coaching girls now?? $20 for a tryout too?? Looks like MF is going to win in that category.Free to tryout.....wonder how long that will last? Administrative fees....what is that exactly? Kid/parent fills out the tryout form...hands it back with $20....20 goes in secure cash box,form goes in pile.....wow....$20 bucks eh?

Cheers!

Always more fun to have a cold one while posting here!

Scottyshell: looks like the parent's will have to start beer fund to sponsor thier kids in the new expensive league...great game yesterday...

cheers

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have to agree with you SCP...about the beer fund especially...a roving Santana's bar! Yes...good game and alot cleaner than when we played Surrey/Guilford...guess we'll see you in the playoffs. Good luck the rest of the season.

Cheers!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0