Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HPL Merger Rumour - Abby & Central City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michele

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
They will lose some from their current hpl teams who can come to Abbotsford but can't travel to Surrey. They have asked the current hpl players for commitment and they don't even know if they are going to be able to make it work, parents who can't spare the time or can't afford to drive an hour each way.

Taking bets now this franchise won't be in Abbotsford when their term is up, two clubs in Surrey, one in Abbotsford, they will be outnumbered.

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
They will lose some from their current hpl teams who can come to Abbotsford but can't travel to Surrey. They have asked the current hpl players for commitment and they don't even know if they are going to be able to make it work, parents who can't spare the time or can't afford to drive an hour each way.

Taking bets now this franchise won't be in Abbotsford when their term is up, two clubs in Surrey, one in Abbotsford, they will be outnumbered.

What is the "term". There is a term?

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK you are right! I looked everywhere, so where is the accountability?

Bingo. This will just be made up as it goes along. Many of the main players in the BCPL world keep an eye on these blogs (Hi Guys!) and do consider a small amount of the things suggested here. Offer your version of accountability. You never know, your input might be used.

nocents

May 5, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK you are right! I looked everywhere, so where is the accountability?

I don't believe the concept has ever been considered at BCSA. They spent years preventing the organic creation of an elite league or teams (e.g. OOD rule); ensuring the standard never got too high and that the clubs were protected. No accountability there. Check out the BCSA site and track down the process for providing input or requesting information. Good luck on that. Tried it once and the best I could find was some reference about having to ask your coach. As the coach, I was not amused.

If the Whitecaps hadn't stepped in and shoved this down all our throats, we'd probably have another 20+ years of the same old. As much as some of this bs annoys me, I'm enjoying the show. I don't like what I've heard about CCB's conduct prior to joining MFMFC, but I'm glad they've joined the party and it's interesting how they've seemingly exploited BCSAs lack of forethought. :wa:

How many years before Abby is squeezed out? 4 sounds about right.

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't believe the concept has ever been considered at BCSA. They spent years preventing the organic creation of an elite league or teams (e.g. OOD rule); ensuring the standard never got too high and that the clubs were protected. No accountability there. Check out the BCSA site and track down the process for providing input or requesting information. Good luck on that. Tried it once and the best I could find was some reference about having to ask your coach. As the coach, I was not amused.

If the Whitecaps hadn't stepped in and shoved this down all our throats, we'd probably have another 20+ years of the same old. As much as some of this bs annoys me, I'm enjoying the show. I don't like what I've heard about CCB's conduct prior to joining MFMFC, but I'm glad they've joined the party and it's interesting how they've seemingly exploited BCSAs lack of forethought. :wa:

How many years before Abby is squeezed out? 4 sounds about right.

I always get immediate response from all of my inquiries to BC Soccer. They have always set the standard on immediate communication and feedback. :rolleyes:

I was shocked when the Wellness to World Cup listed the lack of response to emails and phonecalls by soccer administrators as a systemic problem here in Canada!:D

Ajax

Apr 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am also proud of the fact that 8 players from my USSL team Liverpool were selected to play in bcpl U13 :
Surrey Utd- 5
Fusion- 2
South Fraser- 1

You forgot to mention their Club teams they trained/played with for the other 8 months of the year! Give credit where actual credit is due.

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
All 8 are products of a combination of the USSL summer leage + winter leages I have coached most of them in the USSL for the last 4 seasons and 3 of em for the last 2 seasons. Playing all year round definitely helped them develop and i,m so proud that 8 players from my USSL team Liverpool made bcpl. Any other coach,s who have coached them during the winter leages should also be proud and deserve credit-Rob , Jeff and James .
There,s also at least 5 more players currently playing Metro from that Liverpool team capable of playing bcpl.
Good luck to all these players and i hope they eventually reach the highest level - Whitecaps or even LIVERPOOL FC !

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All 8 are products of a combination of the USSL summer leage + winter leages I have coached most of them in the USSL for the last 4 seasons and 3 of em for the last 2 seasons. Playing all year round definitely helped them develop and i,m so proud that 8 players from my USSL team Liverpool made bcpl. Any other coach,s who have coached them during the winter leages should also be proud and deserve credit-Rob , Jeff and James .
There,s also at least 5 more players currently playing Metro from that Liverpool team capable of playing bcpl.
Good luck to all these players and i hope they eventually reach the highest level - Whitecaps or even LIVERPOOL FC !

Someone who 'Get's it'. He's happy the players have gone on to better things!

Good on ya Geordie! Just next time pick a better name for your team! ;)

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
here's to 15 hour work / BCSPL BOG days...

BC will be "clarifying" the merger situation in print forthwith, by the end of the week no doubt... I dont mean to leave people hanging, but I'm simply not at liberty to say anymore on the topic... I wont be on here again until tommorrow night at the earliest...

Colin is right that some of us involved in the league do keep an eye on the blog. As it happens, I was very critical of the process used to initiate the league, and voiced concerns over pricing and access issues. I was not exactly mr. popular with the bigwigs at the outset.

That ship has sailed. We can continue to beat a dead horse or try to move forward in a constructive way. I can assure that the others "inside the tent" are very aware of the challenges these issues present, and that the BOG is doing what it can to alleviate them.

to djones' point about the NTC and provincial programs - without commenting on the merit of your position, remember that all of that programming comes directly from the CSA... in a sense, at the end of the day BC's technical staff take their marching orders from Toronto...

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

BC will be "clarifying" the merger situation in print forthwith, by the end of the week no doubt... I dont mean to leave people hanging, but I'm simply not at liberty to say anymore on the topic... I wont be on here again until tommorrow night at the earliest...

Colin is right that some of us involved in the league do keep an eye on the blog. As it happens, I was very critical of the process used to initiate the league, and voiced concerns over pricing and access issues. I was not exactly mr. popular with the bigwigs at the outset.

That ship has sailed. We can continue to beat a dead horse or try to move forward in a constructive way. I can assure that the others "inside the tent" are very aware of the challenges these issues present, and that the BOG is doing what it can to alleviate them.

to djones' point about the NTC and provincial programs - without commenting on the merit of your position, remember that all of that programming comes directly from the CSA... in a sense, at the end of the day BC's technical staff take their marching orders from Toronto...

and my sources tell me Toronto is about to change it all ( for the better)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously? I'd like to see this document.

You'd think #1 criteria would have to be "Passionate about the game". Without that, don't pass go.

I'd have "Physical" somewhere down the list a bit. After all, the job is to develop players. Give me any kid who is passionate about the game and loves it...will gladly coach and deal w/ the other shortcomings.

Michele

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

I can no longer see any mention of a merger on the MFMFC website so they have either buried it on there else it has been removed, which may be a clue for the clarification that is to follow from BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0