Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Identity Theft

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just wondered if anyone on here has ever had this done to them? I received a mobile phone bill from telus stating that i owe an over due bill that had my name and address but a different account #. I guess someone got my SIN # and drivers license # and opened that account. Now I have to put a block on everything which should be interesting.:mad:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good luck girth - haven't had anything like that happen to me (that I know of yet) but can't imagine it's going to be a pleasant experience.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I got a hold of TA platnum visa card & his DL,can't wait to go shopping !

Sid

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's one of the bigger nuisances out there, that's for sure. You can call up Equifax and get them to flag your SIN so anytime someone does an inquiry there's an extra step for protection. Down side it's an inconvenience to you as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperMid

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd recommend doing what IS21 said. My brother had his wallet stolen when he was 17, they waited till he was 19 and started to use his name to get anything and everything possible. I'm talking any credit card under the sun, numerous phone accounts, 2 vehicles and a house. Yes a house. I mean what 19 year qualifies for that...But they made it happen some how. He started getting bills and phone calls saying he owed money to all the companies. He was even arrested ( coming out of a bar because they cops saw his truck in the parking lot) because there was a warrant out for his arrest. He had no idea? The cops are useless, they caught the guy twice, and let him go both times if he promised to attend his court date. Obviously he never showed. It took about 5 years to clear up everything. Anytime my bro purchased something using something other than cash, he was red flagged. So my advice is call and get this sorted ASAP. Its a royal pain in the ass for you but you gotta stop it before it gets worse.
Of course this is worse case scenario but I hate to see this happen to you. And it reaelly fcuks with you mentally. So stressful

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks guys...calls have been made and now i'm just wondering how the hell this can happen? Online information possibly? Crazy to say the least. On a side note I guess if I do "purchase" something my wife doesn't approve of I can blame it on the other guy?

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disease dick gonna get beat for that
Disease dick if you had an extra inch you could be a king!cut of an inch you would be a queen!!see y Saturday!a beer will be in the making & some
PopCorn!!!!!..,corn I didn't have corn

Fat bastard sid

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Girth, last year my wife had her identity stolen and within an hour they had changed all of her Credit cards, gas cards and any other card they could. They also were able to get into our bank accounts via phone banking etc. They will change the address and contact info numerous times so be very aware of everything. We had our savings cleaned out as well as Credit Cards maxed within 3 hours. Lost over 20 grand in a day. Don't delay in contacting everyone and having yourself flagged. The companies and banks are pretty good at fixing things but not so good at preventing the problem in the first place. Make sure you get in touch with Equifax right away. The police and bank will have all that info for you. It was a pain in the but for about 6 months. Lots of paper work etc.... We were lucky and got back everything after a lot of chasing and meetings with the banks. If you are married or have any kind of joint accounts be sure to monitor those as well.

Good luck

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Girth make sure you really stay on top of it. My wife got her wallet taken and cancelled her credit cards and got everything flagged etc. within the day. We were getting calls for 3 years about different charges etc., some how they were still able to open new cards and such throughout that time. It was a nightmare and made getting lones and new credit cards next to impossible. We once got a credit card bill that they had racked up and it turned out they used the stolen credit card on the exact same ferry we were on, going to Victoria. Good luck, don't assume everything is taken care of and really keep a close eye on everything. The sin card ended up being a pretty big issue.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL - I had mine cut up when I was 20 and forgot it at a bank in Portland where I was opening an account... they thought it was a confiscated bank card (first clue that maybe the education system stateside wasn't a good long-term decision) :rolleyes:

Went to get a new one when I moved back here and they wanted $75 for it - fcuk that is what any other 22 year old at the time would say :)

Haven't had an SIN card since then.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0