Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Impact Sign Alessandro Nesta

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
World Cup, Serie A, Champions League, Club World Cup... ya you're right. He's definitely in the same boat at Jarju... :rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nesta is probably one of the best defenders of all time. Probably the best defender of his generation. Unlucky for Montreal that was years ago. He is a very old 36. He might as well be 50.
I stand to be corrected... But to me Montreals backline will be very savvy, smart, and slow and oft injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
They have signed a few I-ties. Corradi another of the "big" names. who is a striker but also mid 30's. He got hurt though and hasn't had much of an "impact."

The MLS is becoming more and more of a Masters League.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The MLS is becoming more and more of a Masters League.

I think that depends on the team. I think it's fashionable to sign aging stars, but doesn't exactly equate to success in the league if you look at what teams are having good deals of success (look no further than the Caps who haven't signed any "BIG" names to massive DP Contracts, or Real Salt Lake, Sporting KC, San Jose or DC United.

Signing aging stars hasn't exactly worked out for Montreal or Toronto that's for sure.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that depends on the team. I think it's fashionable to sign aging stars, but doesn't exactly equate to success in the league if you look at what teams are having good deals of success (look no further than the Caps who haven't signed any "BIG" names to massive DP Contracts, or Real Salt Lake, Sporting KC, San Jose or DC United.

Signing aging stars hasn't exactly worked out for Montreal or Toronto that's for sure.

You're definitely right, but it would still be bad ass to have a "star" on our team, and everyone would get pretty excited.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Star" like...YP Lee (3 FIFA World Cup Appearances including a semi final, Key in PSV's Champs League run in 05, etc etc etc)
"Star" like...Jay Demerit (1 World Cup and nearly 200 games in Premier League and Championship with Watford)

or now stars who are absolute standouts in this league like Chiumiento, Rochat and LeToux and guys that will be good for years to come like Mattocks, Salgado and Koffie?

I'd take that over a bunch of guys "On Holiday in America"

Who is out there that would be a real bums in seats guy or sell a bazillion tops like Beckham that is available right now for the Caps to snap up? ...and don't say Del Piero.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Drogba signed in China.
The only other Bosman with that same cache is Ballack... he is still currently unsigned. Kalou is also unsigned but at 26 will have YEARS ahead of him in Europe.

Ruud retired. Raul is old as fcuk.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Drogba signed in China.
The only other Bosman with that same cache is Ballack... he is still currently unsigned. Kalou is also unsigned but at 26 will have YEARS ahead of him in Europe.

Ruud retired. Raul is old as fcuk.

Are you kidding? You are mentioning Kalou along with the likes of Ballack and Drogba? The average Joe in Vancouver doesn't know Solomon Kalou from Sekonaia Kalou. But he just signed with Lille, so it's a moot point anyway.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Star" like...YP Lee (3 FIFA World Cup Appearances including a semi final, Key in PSV's Champs League run in 05, etc etc etc)
"Star" like...Jay Demerit (1 World Cup and nearly 200 games in Premier League and Championship with Watford)

or now stars who are absolute standouts in this league like Chiumiento, Rochat and LeToux and guys that will be good for years to come like Mattocks, Salgado and Koffie?

I'd take that over a bunch of guys "On Holiday in America"

Who is out there that would be a real bums in seats guy or sell a bazillion tops like Beckham that is available right now for the Caps to snap up? ...and don't say Del Piero.
Did you just call LeToux a star/standout?

:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0