Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup [Imperial Cup 2007] Quarter Finals

Who will win it all?

• Total voters

darkmeat

Apr 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brent Sopel said:
The Croatia-Inter was well played by both teams. Both teams had some quality chances. The game was physical, but for BJB to say "Johnny Sules" was being hacked by Inter, you need to give your head a shake my friend. Inter has a reputation for being soft, and they are. But, I was surprised at their physical play though. They seemed to have that bite that they have lacked over the years. Now as for Mr. Sules, he plays for Croatia FC in the VMSL. And that's it. He is talented. I'll give him that. From the sideline I did hear him say that he wanted to be subbed off, and he didn't give a shite about the game. Not what you'd expect from your leader during crunch time. Also, Inter with a new face on the field in the second half. Ankle Breaker who is the new signing?

Now for the Croat fans. They werea disgrace yesterday. I can appreciate cheering your team on, and having a good time on the touchline, but they are absolutely abusive towards the opposition and officials, with a total disregard for everyone around them. It doesn't look good. Seriously.

I guess now that Inter has made it to the semi finals, it's time for them to pack up shop and give the game to Firemen, as only Inter can do.

After the game I went to a local watering hole, with some mates, for a few pints. When one of them noticed a few Croatian players doing the same. At first we couldn't figure out what they were doing with the couple of birds they had with them. Then we figured it out. They were playing SPIN THE BOTTLE! Wow! I guess next week it's pin the tail on the d..........Bronco?

Sopel out.
sopes,
normally we play "spin the bottle" in our changeroom, but man, its way more fun playing it with girls!

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the vmsl website...

Westside wins in PK's 2:1!!

Wow....

Semi's are set:

Inter vs Firemen
Westside vs Columbus

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Updated As of Wed Mar 21:

Standings after Quarter Finals of Imperial Cup.... (Provincial Cup Berths)

Teams/Pts/Games Remaining

*1 Sporting Club "A" 41 (0)
*2 ICSF Inter 33 (2) (Imperial Cup Semifinalist)
*3 Surrey United "A" 33 (1)
*4 Columbus Clan FC "A" 32 (2) (Imperial Cup Semifinalist)

5 AFC Leopards "A" 30 (1)
6 Metro-Ford Wolves "A" 27 (1)
---------------------------------------------------- Cutoff as of March 21st
7 Croatia SC "A" 26 (2)
8 Norvan Eagles 26 (1)
9 West Van FC "A" 21 (0)
*10 Firefighters "A" 20 (2) (Imperial Cup Semifinalist)
11 Sapperton Rovers "A" 19 (2)
12 Sikh Temple "A" 15 (1)
13 Indo-Akal FC "A" 15 (1)
14 Vancouver Olympics "A" 7 (0)

*Westside FC A (Imperial Cup Semifinalist)

*Clinched Provincial Cup Berth
Eliminated from Provincial Cup Competition

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Credit where credit is due.......

Great work, Westside......Quite a run, guys. Congratulations! I guess the gap between Premier and Division one isn't that great after all........certainly not as much as people like to think.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
an extremely quick 17 minutes tonite. the 1st 2 minute half felt like 30 seconds. the second 15 minute half felt like 7 minutes 45 seconds. the pk's felt like a lifetime.

i'm a bit disappointed that alkira stepped up with the kudos. i was hoping for a little bevy tainted ttp..."best team in div. 1" kind of rebuttal. alas, all i have is a thanks capt...errr, you know what i mean.

proud of the lads. looking forward to a return to the provincials. wishing the boys the best this weekend against some familiar faces on the columbus squad. not sure what sideline good ol' rino will be standing on. we appreciated the sweet brandy tonite though (better than the grappa!)

i'll be checking the results from paris/prague gentlemen...good luck!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cerebral smallsy said:
an extremely quick 17 minutes tonite. the 1st 2 minute half felt like 30 seconds. the second 15 minute half felt like 7 minutes 45 seconds. the pk's felt like a lifetime.

i'm a bit disappointed that alkira stepped up with the kudos. i was hoping for a little bevy tainted ttp..."best team in div. 1" kind of rebuttal. alas, all i have is a thanks capt...errr, you know what i mean.

proud of the lads. looking forward to a return to the provincials. wishing the boys the best this weekend against some familiar faces on the columbus squad. not sure what sideline good ol' rino will be standing on. we appreciated the sweet brandy tonite though (better than the grappa!)

i'll be checking the results from paris/prague gentlemen...good luck!!

Smallsey, I forgot to mention that Delta Metro Blaze is still a better team than you and would stuff you. :D ;)

Good luck the rest of the way!

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
Smallsey, I forgot to mention that Delta Metro Blaze is still a better team than you and would stuff you. :D ;)

Good luck the rest of the way!
we played two league games v delta metro blaze.lost 1-0 pk other game you were the ref 1-0 last 3mins goal off a rebound .westside fc many of who played premier for many years defend to well to lose delta metro. delta metro will not be able win to many games in premier next season if they do not change some players on starting 11 . well done westside fc on getting a provincial cup spot. alikira stick pumping up your club i team unless you are looking to change clubs ?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SmartCoach said:
we played two league games v delta metro blaze.lost 1-0 pk other game you were the ref 1-0 last 3mins goal off a rebound .westside fc many of who played premier for many years defend to well to lose delta metro. delta metro will not be able win to many games in premier next season if they do not change some players on starting 11 . well done westside fc on getting a provincial cup spot. alikira stick pumping up your club i team unless you are looking to change clubs ?

My club, Smartcoach, is the Albion Ferries F.C. and we are defending Ladner League Over 35 champions. I haven't played for Club Ireland in over two years and the ****ers never gave me a testimonial for 19 years of service.

Smartcoach, the game I reffed and you will admit, you played for a 0 - 0 draw and you were completely outmatched. Yes, your guys were very gritty defensively but you weren't out to win that game. The best team won on the day. I saw they bend over Fiji 4 - 0 earlier in the year and that was the best football I had seen any of the teams play this season. That's all I can base it on I suppose.

As mentioned, a great feat by Westside, especially with so many OLD guys. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0