Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup [Imperial Cup 2007] Quarter Finals

Who will win it all?

• Total voters

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From my understanding all field lights are off at 11pm. Well in vancouver that is. Due to whats' called light pollution. So there is no way the lights would have been able to stay on.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So in other words, the league should learn from this and not schedule cup games to have a kick-off time of 9PM - 8PM should be the absolute latest.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
So in other words, the league should learn from this and not schedule cup games to have a kick-off time of 9PM - 8PM should be the absolute latest.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the game was scheduled for 8pm. Surely, it didn't take 3 hours to play 104 minutes of soccer. What time, exactly, did the lights go off?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cerebral smallsy said:
sheer stupidity? your ignorance is astounding donkey.
westside has absolutely no control over this field and/or the lighting. it is a parks board and league scheduling issue.
the parks boards makes the decisions regarding lighting times and field allocations. the league schedules accordingly. we show up when and where we're told.
just as frustrating for us as it is for afc, as i'm sure both squads would have liked to seen a final result given the effort that was put in on the night. we'll be ready for what should be an intense 17 minutes on wednesday.
seriously.

That 17 minutes must suck for the ref.............:D travelling all that way and not getting paid for it :)

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the game was scheduled for 8pm. Surely, it didn't take 3 hours to play 104 minutes of soccer. What time, exactly, did the lights go off?

10:08.......

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was probably an early daylight savings time glitch. It's a wonder the banking system didn't go down as well!

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
jesus fcukin h....it's been the same all year. during the week the lights go off at 11:00. weekend they go off at 10:00. pre-set with no code to over ride it. the league scheduled the game assuming/hoping it would end in regulation. unfortunately we scored a few minutes too late for that.:D moving on....

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 2 Croatia 1

Good game. We had more chances, just couldn't get the ball in the net. Damn goal posts. Inter went up 1 on a defensive error. Inter up 1 at the half. Inter scores early in the 2nd. Back and forth game, we had more chance i believe. A lot of hacking going on. It seems the inter players didn't like the return of johnny sules, as they hacked and hacked him. Fcku were they over him. No calls, play goes on. We get a PK as i believe Kekec or johnny was taken down in the box. Hit another post in the final minutes. And that was it.

Inter moves on... :mad:

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Updated As of Sun March 18:

Standings after Quarter Finals of Imperial Cup with AFC/Westside 17 min. left to play.... (Provincial Cup Berths)

Teams/Pts/Games Remaining

*1 Sporting Club "A" 41 (0)
*2 ICSF Inter 33 (2) (Imperial Cup Semifinalist)
*3 Surrey United "A" 33 (1)
*4 Columbus Clan FC "A" 32 (2) (Imperial Cup Semifinalist)

5 AFC Leopards "A" 30 (1)
6 Metro-Ford Wolves "A" 27 (1)
7 Croatia SC "A" 26 (2)
-------------------------------------------------------Cutoff as of March 18
8 Norvan Eagles 26 (1)
9 West Van FC "A" 21 (0)
*10 Firefighters "A" 20 (2) (Imperial Cup Semifinalist)
11 Sapperton Rovers "A" 19 (2)
12 Sikh Temple "A" 15 (1)
13 Indo-Akal FC "A" 15 (1)
14 Vancouver Olympics "A" 7 (0)

*Clinched Provincial Cup Berth
Eliminated from Provincial Cup Competition

Depeding on the AFC/Westside result:
An AFC victory will have Top 7 + Firefighters clinch berths into provincial cup.
A Westside victory will have a Top 6 + Firefighters/Westside clinch berths into provincial cup.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 0 - Colon-Clan 3

What a shathole display by Sapp. Not a single player showed up. Fulling deserving of the 0-3 loss, or CC 3-0 win. Either was CC deserve to move on. Good luck to them...

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 2 - Croatia 1

Very intense solid game yesterday. Croatia started out strong for the first 10 minutes before we got into the game. We scored on a corner kick as Judd was able to get the ball into the net.

Very early in the second half we are able to score as Corazza put it into the net.

About 15 minutes left and Croatia got a gift as the PK was very very weak. However, we were able to overcome this and win and we move on.

BJB: As for Johnny getting "hacked", yes we played physical on Johnny. He is a great player and we closed space down on him. It was just simply playing physical against him. I know from playing with a number of the Croatian's that they have no issue in playing a physical game.

Andrew Corazza got fouled by the last man in the 1st half and it should have been a foul..no call..Crouch missed a sitter and Brian missed a chance which we should have scored on. Therefore I believe we had chances also.

Either way good game last night by both teams as it truely was a cup game with a lot of intensity and we look forward to MF next week in the league.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
When I was still working with Kerrisdale Youth Soccer, a mass email was sent to its working/volunteering members with the lighting code for Point Grey Turf. I've never used it, but I can only assume that it would provide power to override the lighting times determined by the Parks Board.

Why these codes weren't provided to adult home teams is beyond me.

The light box is supposedly on the southwest pole. I imagine there must be lock on it. Was no one given a key either?
YOU SHOULD REQUEST A TRANSFER FROM YOUR SCHOOL DISTRICT TO POINT GREY HIGH SCHOOL. THEN THE REST OF US WOULD NOT HAVE PROBLEMS WITH LIGHTING TIMER WITH YOUR SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE OF HOW IT WORKS. AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE YOUR RANGER MATES!

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJB said:
A lot of hacking going on. It seems the inter players didn't like the return of johnny sules, as they hacked and hacked him. Fcku were they over him.

BJB,

What else would you expect in the VMSL? Let Johnny prounce around and dictate/dominate the game without little or no consequence. He is an immensely talented player who can take control of a game, if given the opportunity. If Johnny choses to play amateur soccer, then he will be treated like any other recreational player. Besides where was Semenko (Masi) to protect Gretzky? ;)

I'm sure at St. Pauli training, nobody kicked Johnny.:)

Good luck of all remaining semi-finalists in their quest for the cup....

Gilly

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Croatia-Inter was well played by both teams. Both teams had some quality chances. The game was physical, but for BJB to say "Johnny Sules" was being hacked by Inter, you need to give your head a shake my friend. Inter has a reputation for being soft, and they are. But, I was surprised at their physical play though. They seemed to have that bite that they have lacked over the years. Now as for Mr. Sules, he plays for Croatia FC in the VMSL. And that's it. He is talented. I'll give him that. From the sideline I did hear him say that he wanted to be subbed off, and he didn't give a shite about the game. Not what you'd expect from your leader during crunch time. Also, Inter with a new face on the field in the second half. Ankle Breaker who is the new signing?

Now for the Croat fans. They werea disgrace yesterday. I can appreciate cheering your team on, and having a good time on the touchline, but they are absolutely abusive towards the opposition and officials, with a total disregard for everyone around them. It doesn't look good. Seriously.

I guess now that Inter has made it to the semi finals, it's time for them to pack up shop and give the game to Firemen, as only Inter can do.

After the game I went to a local watering hole, with some mates, for a few pints. When one of them noticed a few Croatian players doing the same. At first we couldn't figure out what they were doing with the couple of birds they had with them. Then we figured it out. They were playing SPIN THE BOTTLE! Wow! I guess next week it's pin the tail on the d..........Bronco?

Sopel out.

fuzzy

Sep 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brent Sopel said:
The Croatia-Inter was well played by both teams. Both teams had some quality chances. The game was physical, but for BJB to say "Johnny Sules" was being hacked by Inter, you need to give your head a shake my friend. Inter has a reputation for being soft, and they are. But, I was surprised at their physical play though. They seemed to have that bite that they have lacked over the years. Now as for Mr. Sules, he plays for Croatia FC in the VMSL. And that's it. He is talented. I'll give him that. From the sideline I did hear him say that he wanted to be subbed off, and he didn't give a shite about the game. Not what you'd expect from your leader during crunch time. Also, Inter with a new face on the field in the second half. Ankle Breaker who is the new signing?

Now for the Croat fans. They werea disgrace yesterday. I can appreciate cheering your team on, and having a good time on the touchline, but they are absolutely abusive towards the opposition and officials, with a total disregard for everyone around them. It doesn't look good. Seriously.

I guess now that Inter has made it to the semi finals, it's time for them to pack up shop and give the game to Firemen, as only Inter can do.

After the game I went to a local watering hole, with some mates, for a few pints. When one of them noticed a few Croatian players doing the same. At first we couldn't figure out what they were doing with the couple of birds they had with them. Then we figured it out. They were playing SPIN THE BOTTLE! Wow! I guess next week it's pin the tail on the d..........Bronco?

Sopel out.

I guess these are the reports one has to write when even he can't see around his own fat ass.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brent Sopel said:

If it weren't for Croatia SC this league would be awful. You know it. Whichever division we are, we will always have supporters. The best supporters in the league.

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I only call it as I see it. When my ass isn't in the way, that is.

Any reports from the Firemen-Surrey game and Clan-Sap game?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0