Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup [Imperial Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter 08'

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations Indo. On a great roll......wouldn't want to draw you in the Provincials. This run is all to similar to the one in 98/99.

What a weekend for Captain Shamrock!!! How much alcohol can a body consume?

Gilly

Gilly,

I can only take so much..........and I have. :D I'm just about ready to go out for the 3rd bender but I need a driver. Any chance of you swinging out from Abby to pick me up to go to Beaver? :D

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow captain... congrats on a riduculous run. Now finish off those corksuckers from Slurrey!

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great job Captain.

It was all about the friendly we had last tuesday.

worked out well for both sides. worked out very well!!!!!

Hell of a St. Paddys weekend.

Sidewinder

Nemesis

Sep 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sidewinder:

It is a pleasure to report that at this moment in time the elated Captain Shamrock on the third day of his spring bender has forgotten whether it's St. Paddy's or Diwali he's celebrating.....nonetheless......good times:wa::wa::wa:!!!!

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Indo, a couple cracker goals, and Dhinsa made some unbelieveable saves and we just didn't get it done today.

Regarding the peno, we did complain, especially me since it was called on me. From my account, I was a couple yards from our goaline, inside the 18, with Drew right infront of me, but facing away from goal. The ball was bouncing and he does well to try and cross it while facing away from goal and me standing 1 foot behind him. The ball hits me in the chest first and then hits my wrist as it was going out for a corner, all in a split second and I had no time to react. So, from my perspective, I don't know how that isn't considered "ball to hand". I definitely think it was questionable, but shite happens.

Cheers,
Mike

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Indo, a couple cracker goals, and Dhinsa made some unbelieveable saves and we just didn't get it done today.

Regarding the peno, we did complain, especially me since it was called on me. From my account, I was a couple yards from our goaline, inside the 18, with Drew right infront of me, but facing away from goal. The ball was bouncing and he does well to try and cross it while facing away from goal and me standing 1 foot behind him. The ball hits me in the chest first and then hits my wrist as it was going out for a corner, all in a split second and I had no time to react. So, from my perspective, I don't know how that isn't considered "ball to hand". I definitely think it was questionable, but shite happens.

Cheers,
Mike

Mike,

Because your hand was away from your body, that is why it was called....I think. From my vantage point, it looked like it had to be called and we'll take it. Amar made 2 great saves in the game but I was disappointed giving away two goals on shaky marking. We have improved in that area over recent weeks but yesterday was a bit disappointing. Having said that, a couple of stunning strikes to say the least. Our effort matched Sporting's and more and our approach before the game was better suited to a team who wanted to make the final, rather than just showing up and expecting to make the final.

Satinder Burns

Day 4 of the Burns Bevvie Tour starts at 11:00 at Joey's on Broadway if anyone else is around. Today's schedule.

11:00 - Joey's

12:30 - Doolans

4:00 - Buck and Ear

5:00 - O'Hare's

6:45 - Foggy Dew

Anything after this will be gravy as One Dart and I have set an optimistic 8:00 as our goal to make it to.

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mike,

Because your hand was away from your body, that is why it was called....I think. From my vantage point, it looked like it had to be called and we'll take it. Amar made 2 great saves in the game but I was disappointed giving away two goals on shaky marking. We have improved in that area over recent weeks but yesterday was a bit disappointing. Having said that, a couple of stunning strikes to say the least. Our effort matched Sporting's and more and our approach before the game was better suited to a team who wanted to make the final, rather than just showing up and expecting to make the final.

Satinder Burns

Day 4 of the Burns Bevvie Tour starts at 11:00 at Joey's on Broadway if anyone else is around. Today's schedule.

11:00 - Joey's

12:30 - Doolans

4:00 - Buck and Ear

5:00 - O'Hare's

6:45 - Foggy Dew

Anything after this will be gravy as One Dart and I have set an optimistic 8:00 as our goal to make it to.

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I am working today. Thank God!!!:eek:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey scored an odd goal (I think) barely 5 minutes in, if that. I’m not even sure what our center back was doing inside the 18 at that time, but the ball was bouncing around and ultimately it looked like a case of the keeper and defender both calling for the ball and neither taking it. Magowen just snuck between the two of them and looped a header over the keeper for 1 nil. I thought we played well for the first 35mins, certainly better than West Van was when it was like they all of a sudden woke up. Our second goal was late in the half after a turnover against the run of play. Blakeway squared a ball to Rizal who banged it by the charging keeper.

The second half was cup “soccer” at its finest. We had our spells and chances, one in particular ringing off the post which I thought was deflected off a sliding defenders hand, but never the less no call. Much of the second was West Van throwing everything, including the kitchen sink, forward and us defending like mad. The goal was late with about 10 left?? after a string of wicked corner kicks by Jinky when one finally found a Trollup’s head back stick and he ranging it off the inside of the post and in.

Sheppy made a couple of outstanding saves, one off a point blank header in the first half from inside the 6... It really was a world class stop.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The first goal was actually 45 seconds in, which did not help the confidence of this young side. Pretty good game though, I thought WV, much like last week, had more of the play, but made a couple of mistakes, which SU made them pay for. The SU goaltender, as KNVB has commented, made a stunning save late in the first half, and another 4 or 5 anyway. Two-Nine unfortunately was reduced to the role of spectator for West Van in this one.

Congrats to SU on the win.

Should be a great final.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More pictures on Indo vs Sporting are up on BC Soccer web.

Oooof

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 150

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not for winning he won't...

Surrey 2
Indo 0

No match report but the score is confirmed from the victors drinking spot...

Congrats to all the SU lads!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Surrey United. I'll be honest.....it was a terrible game of football. We started off very well for the first 15 minutes but then the game fell apart? :confused: Surrey obviously relies a lot on long ball to their dangerous strikers and on set pieces. SU scored with 4 minutes to go in the half on a harmless looking play. There was a mistake made by a key player for us and we'll leave it at that.

We started off strong in the second half again but didn't threaten as much as the first half. SU scored a second with 20 minutes to go on a free-kick which went back post and then to the opposite side of the 18....then a cross and a goal.....pretty ugly on our part to be honest but SU is always dangerous on set pieces with their size. We didn't threaten much after that though Millar cleared one of the line which had Sheps(who was excellent today) beat and we had another miss from about 8 yards out after the ball had been clipped over their center back's head. They were countering at this point but overall we did a decent job of containing them most of the time. Blakeway has certainly helped their attack. In fact, he was the key to their team today. Risal(sp?) is obviously very dangerous too but I though we contained him okay. It will be a battle next week again and hopefully the football can be better too. It wasn't today but SU won this battle and a big congratulations on your first Imperial Cup win. :)

See you next Sunday.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Result anyone?

Is burnsey gonna honour us with a 2am drunken procession of video clips?

Win or lose.......drunk or sober.....it doesn't matter. Here are a few videos for everyone on the thread. I'm not a bitter wee fcuking **** like Buckfast. I'm a proud Celtic supporter and am very proud of Indo's recent run.....including today.....the majority of the boys battled their ass off today......next week, we'll have to have ALL the boys do that to give us a better chance. Round 2 coming up......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmOzrJfL4Lo]YouTube - enur feat natasja - calabria 2007[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g1uY1GI20k]YouTube - back home in derry christy moore[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9InnXP64To]YouTube - The Fields of Athenry[/ame]

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjTB6EG3xGo]YouTube - Alanis Morissette - Uninvited[/ame]

And of course for Gurj and his ex-boyfriend.....Julio, who decided to call off their engagement :( It's okay, buddy, there are plenty more lads out there....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07U_uKGfv48]YouTube - Toni Braxton - Unbreak My Heart[/ame]

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLEllvuDbSo]YouTube - Diana Ross - Upside Down (1980) Album: "Diana"[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dL9I7j2-Lo]YouTube - Being For The Benefit of Mr Kite![/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO3pfEVT9CU]YouTube - The Beatles"Magical Mystery Tour"(1967 Original video clip)[/ame]

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0