Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup Results

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just in~

Capitals beat Snapperton 2-1. What-about-Bob with an O.G.

From what I heard not a bad match (surprisingly) HOS was up to his old tricks and couldn't catch a cold which resulted it a huge scrum inside BBY's net. Sounds like a Sapp forward came in pretty hard with ol' greasy palms scrambling around on his hands and knee's trying to pick up the ball. Two guys were sent off. Brian Donald was one,(I know a Shock to me to :rolleyes: ) but I don't know what BBY player went.

I heard BBY's winner was offside? Coco? BOB? comments?

Pacific 96ers won 5-0 over Croatia "B"

What was the result from Port Moody last night with Metro Ford and everyone's favourite punching bag Serbia?

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACM

3-2 FOR ACM , We tottally dominated the Game but we didn't finish our chances with the Olympics capitalizing on two free kicks to tie the game at two. They missed a spotter with about 15 to play and our center mid buried the winner with about 5 to go on a beautiful individual effort.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB

Gary Donald was the one who tried to kick the ball as it went into the keeper's hands and this caused the melee and Gary got a second yellow and was sent off and someone from Burnaby got sent off as well.

They did score an offside goal and the other was an OG that was a rocket that Bryan got his leg up to deflect past the Sapperton GK who was coming out for the cross. It was just one of those things that happens.

The woman linesman simply didn't raise the flag on the offside goal but somehow that doesn't surprise anyone as she rarely makes the calls.

Canadians played with one striker but two guys up behind him wide and just back of him. As Sapperton simply had no width in their attack this allowed the Burnaby back three players to lay back tight and bottle up the attack with the exception of a lot a pressure on them for the last 25 minutes when Sapperton really took it to them. During this flurry there were 4 or 5 good and close chances including the Trevor Todd goal.

Sap's Mike Arrano was brilliant in stopping a PK in the first couple of minutes in the game.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia A 2
Pinks 0

The Pinks did well to hold Croatia A to only 2 goals today. That may say more about Croatia's finishing but, it's obvious that Toontown is very well coached. They hold their shape very well defensively. They just lacked quality going forward but that may be because of their lack of killer instinct, due to the fact they were dressed like girls...

Croatia A on the other hand, showed that they are just a class above when it comes to the individual skills of its players and the quality and composure of the team.

Bronco played very well today, though he got hurt late in the game and by looks of it, he may have bruised or cracked a rib. Hopefully it's not too bad and he recovers in time for the Imperial Cup final.:cool:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kilkenny please

Ref beater,

I'll take eight of the finest Irish please, thanks :D

Peg 2 - 0 Argies

Good to see that we can still muck 'em out... not a pretty game from any angle.

Sheps [Saint] with one and Kent with the other.

Who's next?

~TB.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey vs Deep Cove

Surrey United 6 Deep Cove 2

Scary start for Surrey. We were down 1-0 in the first 5 mins. It served as a bit of a wake up call though, with yours truly scoring 2 quick unanswered goals and Darren Villers a third. Deep Cove then came back to score a P.K. with a deliberate hand ball/ Red card late into the first half. So with Surrey down to ten for the entire second half we decided to pour a little salt in the wound and score 3 more. To easy.....

Next up Apprentice and his bunch of I-Tie wana-bees.

Croatiajustkilledmychancetowinthedamnpool!:mad:

FYI~
Metro Ford beat the Serbs 2-0 on Friday night. I also heard Metro Fords div 3 squad beat Norvan.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next up Croatia

Peg/Olys - 4 v. Sapp "B" - 2

Didi with another two - which is 5 in two games. Peg/Olys up 2-0 at the half with a couple quality goals from Didi and Toeformation.

Mario was solid again, Shantzy and Dicken_Cider were also solid at the back. Dickens played a lot like Brent Sopel minus that stupid fcucking grin and collagen injected lips. We went up 3-0 10 minutes into the 2nd and looked to be coasting to victory until an offside goal with 8 minutes left and then a PK with 5 minutes. We looked like we were already in the change room having a few when these two goals took us by surprise. However, being the character team that we are, we marched down the field and scored to make it 4-2.

The one unfortunate thing about the game was that Stewart E. came on after being off 18 months recovering from ACL surgery and looks to have done his knee in AGAIN..... here is hoping it is just a tweek (sp?).

On to Croatia and a week of having to listen to CDK.

JR :p

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Valente had a shooting percentage hovering around 60% today. Inter had more odd-man rushes in the second half than Canada's had in their first two Olympic games. Although, while I'm not completely sure, I believe this game was actually 2-1 for a brief moment? Someone in attendance please verify.

On a side note, Gomesy_Jr just informed me via MSN that Sporting defeated Richmond United 4-1 after going down 1-buzz early.

-Scoop.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap B vs Peg Olys

JAGS,

I was at the game and I could not believe the way you guys scored. Those guys couldn't do that again for the rest of their careers.
Sap totally dominated the game, but Mario saved everything. Carlos should get off his butter and bacon grilled sandwich diet, and maybe the rest of you could try to get on some sort of physical conditioning program. Sap buzzed all around you pylons for 90 minutes and were kicked in the nards with "close the eyes goals" from a couple of plumbers.
The last 15 minutes were fun to watch and I really though Sap was going to tie it, but your win only delays the inevitable. Unless you guys come up with some sort of training drill that not only makes you twice as fast, 10 times more conditioned, and 100 times more skilled, you have NO hope next week.

Croats 12 - Olys 0:D

Cheers

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 1 - Canadians 2

I will not beat around the bush.

WAB lost the game for Sap. I was brutal and not ready to play, period.

The Sap lads showed heart and determination and were unfortunate not put it into OT, however, the Caps were unfortunate not to up 2-0 early.

Hopefully our 2 month X-mas layoff is over and games will be a weekly event, so Sap can, again, regain its mid-season form.

WAB stunk!!!!!!!

Franz Bakingpowder

Aug 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Imperial Cup Result

Metro Ford United 4 - Norvan SC "A" 3.

The games sounds closer than it was. We where up 4-1 with 30 minutes to go when our best player Travis Turner got a red card. We played with 10 men for the last half hour and held out for the 4-3 victory. It was enjoyable playing some decent competition! I'm off to ice my calf muscles....absolutely knackered!

Franz.....

Bring on Peg ;)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Competition??!

Franz,

If you want to play some good competition, I have an idea; Get the fcuk out of Div 3!!!!.

What the fcuk are you doing there in the first place?

Franz Bakingpowder

Aug 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB

We'd love to get out of Div. 3, but that is where the league had to start us. Rumour is we'll be in Div. 2 next year. Imperial cup is what we've been looking forward to since September. We almost forgot what it was like to have competition come into our own half of play.

:D Franz

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do what we all do

Franz,

Next time, do what Pac 96ers, Sap, Inter and most other good teams do; buy a spot in Div 1, or even better, do what Sportstown and Croatia did and buy a spot in the Premier.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia never bought their spot. You're probably thinking about Surrey United and got a little mixed up.

Franz Bakingpowder

Aug 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier Spot?

I think buying a Premier spot would be biting off more than we can chew. Maybe a 1st Division spot, but I don't think that is the direction our club is looking to go. If we where younger than maybe, but we are all in our late 20's early 30's. Also we have to factor in that we are not able to train due to work commitments, etc. So Div. 2 is probably about right for us.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey U 6 - DCR 2

Now you know why all of us in Premier are pulling for DCR to win Div 1. We need another SWE, FC Tempo, and Romania type team in Premier.

As for the rest of the results
PCOV 0 - West Van 1 (Ohhh....)
Indo 6 - Polska 2
Inter 7 - Norburn 1 (do you see a trend?)
FF 1 - Westside 6 (div 1 is a just right for the FFers)
Sikh 0 - Alumni 4
Club I 1 - Biminis 5

Div 1 is really weak this year compared to the Premier.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this a precedent in that we are playing cup games right away for the next round? I can't remember not having a break inbetween games...

Peg/Westside should be a cracker out at Kinsmen on Sunday as long as we get a few bodies back :rolleyes:

~TB.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0