Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Indo Canadian Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khalsa

Aug 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well guys the summer is approaching and so are the indo canadian tournaments.

TEAMS

SIKH TEMPLE
A decent team with good players but since there glory days in 80's and early 90's have never been a dominationg side in the tournaments. Lavi mangat heads the squad, very skilled player and a member of the Khalsa coast league team. But thats about it for that team, no one else has done anything this year for them to even be mentioned, prediciting temple is eliminated in the first round of the vancouver tournament.

VANCOUVER UNITED

Taxi Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!! The biggest dp team around, but somehow there always around. They have been playing in a richmond league, and as the rumor as it they will field a very strong side this summer. But without Dan, i don't seem them winning too many tournaments.

PFC

A team that will surpise many this summer, full of great young talents like paul bahia, very fast and skillful. THey should be a team to reckon with, I think we will seem them in many tournament finals.

AKAL FC

THe leading tournaments winner for the past 4 years. Rumor as it they won't field a team????????????? But if they are around they will be a team to reckon with possibly the best backline in the indo canadian community, harry sandhu, surinder janda and harbinder chohan. ALso have metro league players like jaz atwal and raju chohan to produce the goals. lets see if they enter?

GN SPORTING

A young team with alot of attitude, Gn is a good team, but they have to rpove themselves first. even though they did have a decent run in the tournaments last year, this year will be the true test. Ted hans has been there goalie since the beginning but he has an injury and might not return? Rumor has it he will joing Khalsa in the coast leagur as a back up??????

Khalsa

Yes folks its true, Khlasa will be entering the summer tournaments, I will be playing for them, and some other players might be joining, a few boys from the winter might stick with khalsa and few more younger talnets are interested. Parm will have a strong side this year.

Squamish

A good team last year, but will they enter this year????????????????????

SIkh United

known as medallion will also enter the tournaments.

well will have to wait and see, all the brown boyz post ur replys,

peace

#7 enough said

Apr 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Van Utd

How will Vancouver United field a strong team, there goalie is injured and they have no upcoming youth at all in there squad besides melvin and some other young kid out wide in the midfield whose decent all though like 16 years old, most the players are married now and therefore may not always be available.

Khalsa

Aug 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUMORS

Well I'm back again with rumors,

Rumor has it Khalsa will have these players for the summer tournaments, Jason Sarai, Raju Chohan, Harry Sandhu, Harbinder chohan, Surinder Janda, Jesse DHami, Aneel Bilin, David Samara, Parm Gill, Karm Tahkar and rumor has it bakshi will come back for goalie, not a bad team. A team made of mostly premier league players????????????? Sorry I forgot to include myself in the team list

Also on the sikh temple front, I heard Harp bahia is gone for the year, I heard young gary from pfc will not comeback to them and rumor has it most of the figians were not happy with the team????? Temple may have a different squad, hopefully some temple so guys can clarify this?????????

Akal FC with there best 4 players leaving, will they have a team???? Any akal guys on the ttp that can validate this?

GN without a goalie? who will play in net? Is ted hans gonna be back? Sorry u guys won't qualify for provincials, not like u had a chance:D

well lets wait for the reply's

peace

Fiji

Oct 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
"rumor has it most of the figians were not happy with the team,"
it's FIJIANS not figians

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: RUMORS

Originally posted by Khalsa

GN without a goalie? who will play in net? Is ted hans gonna be back? Sorry u guys won't qualify for provincials, not like u had a chance:D

well lets wait for the reply's

peace [/BQ][/UOTE]

Who will play in net........i dont know maybe we´ll stick a pine cone b/w the pipes.....same difference:D ......we will do fine in the tournments.....with some players coming back from indo......plus a few guys from university.....even though khalsa´s apparent lineup looks good....we will definitely be their biggest concern...trust me on that one......
P.S. well maybe if bakshi came back 30 years ago i might have been worried but since not i strongly advise you guys using our pine cone method as an alternative..........this should get some response

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Khalsa

Wow

Khalsa's team looks good but we will have to wait and see about all those players playing. If it is the case, then it is a very good team.

PainKiller

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sure khalsa can throw out alot of quality players onto the field, but i don't think there's any need for the other teams to be worried. It'll probably end up being a typical khalsa season anyway.... they'll play hard in the first tournament and disapear for the rest of the summer....
I don't care which player any team throws out on the field... I just want to see the return of the competition and pride that has been lacking the last couple years. I would like to see Indo field a team too, but thats up to them.
GN will have excellent competition with Khalsa. I;m pretty sure that GN likes to see other teams that are stacked cause it probably motivates them to play harder.
In the end, win or lose drink booze.....

Ps: One team that nobody needs to be concerned over is PFC... need I say more?

:wa:

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN

GN has nothing to worry about when it comes to their goaltending situation, because I should be back before the squamish tournament, but if not then I will be back for the Ross Street tournament for sure. As for teams being stacked, you can have a stacked team, but most of the time they dont play well because the chemistry is not there, but who knows, I would also like to see Indo enter the tournaments this year, it would just make it more competitive and more exciting matches. As for GN, we should have a strong year this summer, as we have one of the best strikers in Pammi Birring, and one of the top midfields, with Jas Mattoo, Sunny Uppal ( and Amar Takhar when he gets back from the states) leading the way, also a few university additions will help our depth. should be a good summer this year and I cant wait to start playing again.

Now i will wait for Kokanne or Reshams Buddy to try to insult me :D .

Will Akal be fielding a team this year????

PainKiller

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
squire barnes aka star1

I find it hard to believe Amar would want to play for GN... Please Squire, give us the inside info and tell us what makes you think he would....?:confused:

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
re: star#1

I think GN should worry if you are back for the Ross Street tourney. They have a langar there and i think it would look bad on the club if you came there and ate everything.

As for khalsa having Karm Tahkar in the summer, i highly doubt that. We know there will be a mountain goat team called squamish this year, and if that falls off the chief then im sure they will make there way to GN.

ps. remember langar is for the entire community.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes i know kokanne that the laangar is for the community but damn its just too good, but i will try to stick to KFC, but i aint making any promises :D

As for the Takhar's they have played GN since they were young and have only played for one other team in the indian tournaments (squamish), and Pepsi has told us that they would never play for anyone else in the indian tournaments other than squamish or GN, so dont be surprised if you dont see the takhars playing for khalsa.

This is Squire Barns signing off, ill be back later on with a full recap of whats going on in the community regarding soccer, but now i must go to KFC, because i am hungry :D

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ps. remember langar is for the entire community.
tee hee

Temple will be going with a mix of div. 1 and O-30's players. We probably won't enter most of the tournaments.

How do people feel about reducing the # of tournaments. Let's face it, after the first 2 the novelty wears off pretty fast. It's pretty boring playing the same teams over and over. If there were less tournaments, teams would make the remaining ones more of a priority thus increasing the "hype". As it stands, tournaments, other than the big 2, are pretty lame. Playing 4 games in the summer heat with a squad of 12-13 players usually makes for a pretty lackluster final.

Yowen

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indian Tournaments

Hey

It would be nice if Khalsa and Squamish combine? Who knows it may happen..........................

I agree with Yowen. The tournaments are shite and the level of play is shite. The only good thing about the tournaments is pride. As for Khalsa, yowen may be right. We will enter the first two tournament and then that it. We will be in the PCL so these touraments are not a priority for us.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: RUMORS

Originally posted by Khalsa

peace

Well we won tonite 2-1 and now are one win away from provincials, we win that game and then we have qualified for the provincials, who knows, we might even draw each other if we make it :D :D

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: RUMORS

Originally posted by star #1

Well we won tonite 2-1 and now are one win away from provincials, we win that game and then we have qualified for the provincials, who knows, we might even draw each other if we make it :D :D

I agree and then maybe a real indo canadian team might make it to provincials......now that indo are out.......:D .......that being said we're still gonna have to beat a real good team to do it so.......hopefully for us a possible changing of the guard is about to come to frution....or we could get killed....either way we still have a CHANCE.........cheers

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Indian Tournaments

Originally posted by Ankle Breaker
Hey

It would be nice if Khalsa and Squamish combine? Who knows it may happen..........................

I agree with Yowen. The tournaments are shite and the level of play is shite. The only good thing about the tournaments is pride. As for Khalsa, yowen may be right. We will enter the first two tournament and then that it. We will be in the PCL so these touraments are not a priority for us.

Are you stupid or are you stupid. You say the only good thing about the tournaments is pride, and you say you might combine with Squamish. Dick nose, what pride is there if its not your own team. I may be a cokcy conceded bastard, but thats why I love GN. They are all the same guys from under 8, that have stayed together. No other brown team has done that.
You bring 11 original Khalsa players that have played with Khalsa from day 1, and I guarantee thats when the tournements will mean something. Untill then, shut the fukc up about pride, and stick with your coleslaw team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0