Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

John Furlong - A Secret Past

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
agree on all points TV, that all being said. He Said/She said doesn't stack up on something happening 40 years ago.

Perhaps he strapped and or used rulers on kids as that was the way of the past, and it's now being remembered as kicking, punching etc. Perhaps it did go on, but JF is famous and now it's an angle to play.

I've recently visited Burns Lake for business. Amazing people living there and their plight is tremendous ever since Babine FP Mill went up... I've got amazing friends there both First Nations and otherwise.

I'm not saying Furlong is innocent nor guilty, I don't know. It just gets my blood boiling when media essentially crucifies someone and then the RCMP and us great unwashed then have to suffer through some long drawn out process.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One way or another, this will ruin JF's legacy. It will cost him his job w/ the Caps for sure.

I sure hope these are empty allegations fuelled by blackmail, but I have a feeling there is some measure of truth to it. How much? I bet we'll never know. The fact that Burns Lake never came up in the Autobiography is damning. An insigificant period of his life? Please...if you are 18, and leave Ireland on a Mission accross the world to work under difficult circumstances, I don't care who you are, that is a significant period of your life as a young adult.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One way or another, this will ruin JF's legacy. It will cost him his job w/ the Caps for sure.

I sure hope these are empty allegations fuelled by blackmail, but I have a feeling there is some measure of truth to it. How much? I bet we'll never know. The fact that Burns Lake never came up in the Autobiography is damning. An insigificant period of his life? Please...if you are 18, and leave Ireland on a Mission accross the world to work under difficult circumstances, I don't care who you are, that is a significant period of your life as a young adult.

Those were my thoughts as well when first reading this saga.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Legacy yes but his job with the caps will depend on if he steps down or is found guilty because if they let him go on allegations you can be sure Furlongs lawyer will be contacting them. I am sure they may ask him to step asside if this is not cleared up quickly but it will be his decision until he is found guilty.

The caps just can't catch a break on the PR side of things.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Legacy yes but his job with the caps will depend on if he steps down or is found guilty because if they let him go on allegations you can be sure Furlongs lawyer will be contacting them. I am sure they may ask him to step asside if this is not cleared up quickly but it will be his decision until he is found guilty.

The caps just can't catch a break on the PR side of things.

Furlong has no Business being with caps....

That job was a gift.

good old bc politics

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Furlong has no Business being with caps....

That job was a gift.

good old bc politics

Sidebar, but WTF, seriously? He ran the single biggest sporting endeavor ever to be held in this city. Was a key figure in landing the games here. Can clearly lead a business team. Has maybe some of the best contacts in the world of sports at his fingertips.

Who has better cedentials to be Executive Chair?

Seriously.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sidebar, but WTF, seriously? He ran the single biggest sporting endeavor ever to be held in this city. Was a key figure in landing the games here. Can clearly lead a business team. Has maybe some of the best contacts in the world of sports at his fingertips.

Who has better cedentials to be Executive Chair?

Seriously.

And the white caps have benefited from his leadership this year how?

I forgot furlong was even part of the club until this story came out TBH

Never said he didn't do a great job for Vancouver and the Olympics.

Didn't say he didnt have the credentials , Perhaps just not the right ones.

As far as leading a business team.. lets wait that out until next years Season ticket renewel figures come out

And Please tell me who these "contacts " are besides the Scottish Retirement Home for old plugs that cant even cut it in Scotland top 2nd division?

---------------------------------------------

Whitecaps mission statement 2011:
* To be one of the best small-market sports franchises in the world (how we doing)
* To help grow the sport of soccer in British Columbia and Canada
* To be a significant community asset

Role of an Executive Chairman:

-creates plans and programs to improve the organization in every way.

-adhere to the organization mission statement.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
As Johnny said the strap was pretty common in the 70's.

There was teachers that would kick you in the ass to get you moving, at parent teacher meetings fathers would tell the teachers ( if he talks back smack the shite out of him ), now a days if you look at a kid wrong your going to jail.

My hats are off to the teachers that have to put up with all the crap these days.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And the white caps have benefited from his leadership this year how?

I forgot furlong was even part of the club until this story came out TBH

Never said he didn't do a great job for Vancouver and the Olympics.

Didn't say he didnt have the credentials , Perhaps just not the right ones.

As far as leading a business team.. lets wait that out until next years Season ticket renewel figures come out

And Please tell me who these "contacts " are besides the Scottish Retirement Home for old plugs that cant even cut it in Scotland top 2nd division?

---------------------------------------------

Whitecaps mission statement 2011:
* To be one of the best small-market sports franchises in the world (how we doing)
* To help grow the sport of soccer in British Columbia and Canada
* To be a significant community asset

Role of an Executive Chairman:

-creates plans and programs to improve the organization in every way.

-adhere to the organization mission statement.

Year 2, Furlong only aboard one year. Team is improved leaps and bounds over last. 1 year does not allow enough time for one man to GROW THE BUSINESS, which is JF's mandate. He has people in place to run the on-field product, and quite honestly, Rennie needs to be judged on his body of work in season 1, not become the 3rd dismissed coach in 2 years (that is, unless he's caught abusing native children, then he should be fired...too early?).

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
if he had any power he'd open up the upper level and end this asinine "intimate atmosphere" crap forthwith...

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
careful... akslop isnt used to getting those for free and it might piss him off...

I 'll give u that. Your ole lady aint free,but she does price her self at market value. I'll have to check my card ...i think Ihave a freebie coming soon thoug!h

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0