Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier just cause!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake the snake

Mar 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So another random question...just trying to see what people are thinkin until they get back on the pitch! If we could add, subtract or change a rule within the FVSL, or soccer in general, what would it be? why?

Some ideas... :confused:
- ambiguity of offsides?
- auto entry into tournaments for host/top teams
- random lower division teams battling premier teams in the pack
- use of foul language on the pitch, with kids watching on
- non-italian players wearing "mittens" on cold days (10C)
whatever else gets you going....
just trying to get some fired up conversation

:wa:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jake the snake said:
So another random question...just trying to see what people are thinkin until they get back on the pitch! If we could add, subtract or change a rule within the FVSL, or soccer in general, what would it be? why?

Some ideas... :confused:
- ambiguity of offsides?
- auto entry into tournaments for host/top teams
- random lower division teams battling premier teams in the pack
- use of foul language on the pitch, with kids watching on
- non-italian players wearing "mittens" on cold days (10C)
whatever else gets you going....
just trying to get some fired up conversation

:wa:

Let's just start with putting a proper schedule out at least one week before the season starts...i

Rule changes:
Top finalists of Pac should get entry into BC's

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Mittens for Anyone!

Don't the 2 finalists already get BC berths?

Good thread JTS.

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:

Not anymore.....

It's just the winner of the Pak and the top three teams from the Permier Division. It used to be the top two in the league and the two finalists in the Pak Cup but this was modified starting last year.

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:

Regs...check it out....

My last post was my 97th and it was your 9,700th. Shouldn't it be you who explaining the rules & "regs" and not me? My math says you have to be 100 times smarter based on the amount of posts...hummm....

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To clarify what Knees was saying about BC berths for FVSL...

The Valley used to get 5 spots (3 league & 2 cup) until about 5 years ago, when an Island team won the BC's 2 years on the trot, so that league was granted another berth and one was taken from the valley... After a couple of years of having the PAK runner up going and the league's 3rd place team not, the league adjusted their berths accordingly...

I like the new system in place, because I don't think a team that wins 3 or 4 games in a row and loses in the final deserves the spot more than a team that has battled well all year and come up short by a point or two... We all know a good draw can get you into the semi's!!! ;) Then it's just one win from a BC spot!!! :rolleyes:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mittens and leggings are for little girls and goalkeepers...:rolleyes:

To clarify the clarification:

Provincial cup spots are based on the number of registered players that a league has at the cup level (i.e. A, B, M, C...) as a percentage of the total registered across the province. If the VISL has more players, they get more spots...

If you don't like how the league determines its representatives, talk to your favourite Coach...

did the math,

Trece

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knees United said:
Regs...check it out....

My last post was my 97th and it was your 9,700th. Shouldn't it be you who explaining the rules & "regs" and not me? My math says you have to be 100 times smarter based on the amount of posts...hummm....
Stay on topic! :mad:

:knvb: <- smartest TTPer ever apparently

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
One League for the entire lower mainland, especially Premier. Understand Island issues but rugby deals with it, why can't soccer. Subsidize them to travel perhaps.

Alternately, a FA Cup scenario open to all teams, any League, any level with provincial berths tied to it.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like the idea of a "Lower Mainland Super League" for Premier Teams only... say 18 or 20 teams... keeping Division 1, etc as is. The issue would be how to promote teams???? Including the Island would be a ridiculous expense.

I agree with LFC2... Province cup sure would be interesting if it was open to THE TOP TEAM ONLY from each club (ie no GN vs GN matches with a total of 16 players on the pitch).

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Search TTP for champions league and something should turn up where we talked about something similar to your idea LFC2.

Take the previous seasons league winners, cup winners, bc winner, plus a couple of more and play games Wednesday Nights during the season at 2 different venues (2 games at each venue).

Home and away, group stages, etc... if I remember correctly, my notes on it showed you could have the whole thing wrapped up by Christmas.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To to add to the above, I even had the support from the vancouver referee association to provide officials.

I nixed the whole thing when Walks got his ticket though.

Standards and all that.

:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
One League for the entire lower mainland, especially Premier. Understand Island issues but rugby deals with it, why can't soccer. Subsidize them to travel perhaps.

Alternately, a FA Cup scenario open to all teams, any League, any level with provincial berths tied to it.

Agree 100%.

Then divide div 1, 2, 3, 4 etc into City and Valley divisions.

The question always comes up: how to divide up who gets into prem? Naturally, both leagues will want 10, yet Vancouver has more spots, and a legitimate claim that perhaps they deserve a greater share.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well if there was a 20 team Prem. league.
I would say Vancouver should get 14 spots as they have now, and the Valley gets the other 6.

right now, that would get rid of g.n. delta, Geu, and whomever,
but the "real Delta" prem. team will be getting in through there promotion from Div.1.

Yah?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
12 team league = 22 league games.
4 FVSL
8 VMSL

Both league's have got talent on the top end, but are really stretched (especially the valley) near the bottom... You'd also get a few of the better players on the lower teams transfering to play at the highest level... IMO, this would be a great fit for improving amature football in BC...

Sir Shagalot

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What if the FVSL were to realign the divisional structure? I like the VMSL structure where each club has a "Competetive" team and a "Reserve" team... I know this is just the old "Cat" debate being revisited, but what if the Cat system was extended to include a CAT 1, CAT 2, CAT 3......? If club teams didnt want to be a part of the CAT system then they could breakaway and compete independently in the regular divisions for promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0