Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kamloops 2011

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone here planning on going to Kamloops this year, I beleive its August long weekenend... We maybe looking for a few if anyone is interested or doesnt have a team.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to hear, I think its an amazing tourny! We wen't two years ago... Any suggestions for hotels?? What Div you guys playing in>?

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
We play in the open Division. As for hotels staying dt is always wise if you plan on hitting up the bars there otherwise there are plenty of decent hotels. Just make sure to reserve early as they do fill up quickly.

MoDo.gr

Apr 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
FUPA FC (Fat Upper Pussy Area) will be there to defend their Open Division Championship from last year... however we are contemplating on going in the Premier Division this year...

Only thing we don't like about Premier is Inter FC... Skilled squad, but douches of the pitch...

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
HAhaha. Sounds good, I know Cactus Jacks has moved spots this year, but that is definately the #1 bar. I think we will be Rec A, trying to book a hotel right now in the downtown region. Should be another kick ass year!!!! Just pray to god we get o 8:30 am games.....

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
HAhaha. Sounds good, I know Cactus Jacks has moved spots this year, but that is definately the #1 bar. I think we will be Rec A, trying to book a hotel right now in the downtown region. Should be another kick ass year!!!! Just pray to god we get o 8:30 am games.....

Yea Cactus jacks moved and is only open till 12am on the sunday so make sure you get some dance tickets. Not all hotels downtown have pools make sure there is a pool.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M
we, Williams lake and west van, lost to tru alumni in the semis in pk's Unbc beat Tru young guys in pk's. Not sure who won in the final. Good tourney, great facility, awesome beer garden, but i will never return as i am cursed at this tourney. Good weekend.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
not sure why the organizers decided to have the dance at CJ's? and then any overflow would go to another club/pub
the past couple of years have been at the barn and from what i remember...there were no problems?
there are over 100 teams with at least 15-20 people on it
CJ's holds 400 people
let's do some math here :rolleyes:
i popped into CJ's for a whole 15 minutes on sunday night...the music was CRAP...who the fcuk listens to that shite?! it sounded like the same song played over and over and over again
they were throwing inflatable dolphins, killer whales and whatever the hell else that was, out into the crowd thinking it is fun to bat them around
disappointing
hopefully that gets changed for next year because i am not sure about all teams, but my team looks forward to sunday night to all get together and have a good night out...this year, nobody wanted to go

other than that, we had a good weekend
made it to the semis, only to lose to the 16 year old referee :(

MoDo.gr

Apr 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
TRU Alum won it all in the end with a 2-1 Golden Goal victory over UNBC in premier... Feel bad for Glanville and the rest of the Williams Lake boys who have now lost a record 5 times in a row in the semi's...

We, FUPA FC, had some brutal reffereeing and conceded two goals against (both pk's) and somehow managed to place 3rd in our group leading to hitting the beer gardens a little earlier than expected. Harrison FC (Kamloops team) somehow managed to get an easy group and make it to the finals. Their group had teams that were fillers and didn't belong in the Open Division.

And finally Cactus Jack's was beyond shite. That music hurt my head. I liked the Kenroc barn they had before but there weren't enough cabs afterwards and one would have to wait a few hours to get back into town.

However Beer gardens were epic as always and the fields were in incredible shape unless you had to play on Norvan in which there were used condoms hidden in the tall grass on Saturday morning.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
TRU Alum won it all in the end with a 2-1 Golden Goal victory over UNBC in premier... Feel bad for Glanville and the rest of the Williams Lake boys who have now lost a record 5 times in a row in the semi's...

We, FUPA FC, had some brutal reffereeing and conceded two goals against (both pk's) and somehow managed to place 3rd in our group leading to hitting the beer gardens a little earlier than expected. Harrison FC (Kamloops team) somehow managed to get an easy group and make it to the finals. Their group had teams that were fillers and didn't belong in the Open Division.

And finally Cactus Jack's was beyond shite. That music hurt my head. I liked the Kenroc barn they had before but there weren't enough cabs afterwards and one would have to wait a few hours to get back into town.

However Beer gardens were epic as always and the fields were in incredible shape unless you had to play on Norvan in which there were used condoms hidden in the tall grass on Saturday morning.

We beat Harrison 2-1, guess our fillers were harder than the rest.

Cactus Jacks was wicked all three nights and you are getting old if you disagree, it's that simple.

Also if you played on Norvan, you must have had quite a commute between games. Norkam is the field they use besides those at McArthur Island and the Singh Bowl.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
not sure why the organizers decided to have the dance at CJ's? and then any overflow would go to another club/pub
the past couple of years have been at the barn and from what i remember...there were no problems?
there are over 100 teams with at least 15-20 people on it
CJ's holds 400 people
let's do some math here :rolleyes:
i popped into CJ's for a whole 15 minutes on sunday night...the music was CRAP...who the fcuk listens to that shite?! it sounded like the same song played over and over and over again
they were throwing inflatable dolphins, killer whales and whatever the hell else that was, out into the crowd thinking it is fun to bat them around
disappointing
hopefully that gets changed for next year because i am not sure about all teams, but my team looks forward to sunday night to all get together and have a good night out...this year, nobody wanted to go

other than that, we had a good weekend
made it to the semis, only to lose to the 16 year old referee :(

Our semi final got called 3 minutes in for....swearing. Yep, swearing. The reffing situation really needs to be addressed. I rarely moan about the refs but the last two years we have had ridiculous officiating that really makes you scratch your head.

show

May 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes....this is true. All PK losses as well which makes it that much better. I'll suggest a boat-race instead of PKs to determine the winner next year. That's where growing up in Williams Lake could be a benefit for once. Always next year...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One more tourney in Kamloops gone by, one more lost long weekend for the liver to recover from the pickling process it underwent. A novelty this year because Daemonspawn #1 joined us for the West Coast on-the-field experience (no, not the off-field stuff). A good effort by the boys who did have a chance to go through from our group, but had frustration catch up to us in the last game from too many missed calls by the officiating groups we were blessed with.

I do appreciate having ARs for tournament games, but who in their right mind would schedule a 12/13 year kid to run the line in a men's game? Definitely not fair to the kid, nor the teams involved. Trying not to sound like I'm having a moan here, but surely there are enough qualified adult ARs to go around, even for a tournament this size? Some of the individuals we have had in the middle of the field really need assessments badly as well...

Thanks to West Coast hisself for organizing our adventure... looking forward to doing it all over again next year! Time now to let the old bones rest up...

MoDo.gr

Apr 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for correcting me on the Norkam... But at Cactus Jack's all 3 nights hopefully equates to you picking up...

As for the refereeing, we had one referee make a tackle inside the box call while sitting on the half line... One of our players yelled out "You have got to be kidding me, and received a Yellow card for Unsportsmanlike Behaviour, he turned away and walked towards the box and received another Yellow for Dissent"

I think that the Premier and Open division deserve a quality referee and assistants. This tournament is the biggest one of the year, and alot of pride is on the line. It is very frustrating to play an offside trap and have a 12 year old girl sitting there struggling just trying to keep up with the play.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wicked weekend hands down. CJ's was a great time on friday and sunday night(If you didn't have a great time you weren't with the right people.) Refs were terrible as usual but what can you do. We definitely should have gone through in our group but didn't get the calls or the finish in the third game. Beer gardens were a beauty but got a little tired of DJ Tony asking people to participate in lame ass games for lame ass prizes. We got probably the best times we have had in the 6 years I have participated and it made the weekend a lot easier. Trece Verde you looked really good this year and tell andy thanks as well. I would have called you sunday night for dinner but instead sat in the beer gardens till about 7:30. Got a lil tipsy.

WestCoast...What??? already excited for next year.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0