Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kerlon sparks debate

The 'Seal Dribble' Controversy...Is Kerlong right or wrong

• Kerlon is just playing beautiful, Joga Bonito

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Kerlon is showboating, and there is nothing wrong with that

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Kerlon is out of line, he is provoking the opposition

• Who cares, he will not be allowed by his next manager in europe to do it anyways...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
**Found this topic at Voyageurs site and thought it wouldmake for a great TTP conversation***

Atletico Mineiro flip over the Seal dribble - Reuters Blogs

Is this unsporting behaviour or 'Joga Bonito'?

I hold the opinion that this guy is a talent, and should be celebrated for it...Keep in mind probably none of us actually watched the game, and therefore do not have the true and accurate sense of the intensity at which this game was played.

It is not the first time young Kerlon has drawn negative / awe inspiring attention to himself with this move that he claims his dad taught him when he was a young lad...

I couldn't imagine having to try to deal with this type of attack, I guess the only way to defend would be to stand in his way and stand your ground, read- make him run around you...

I am all in favour of Kerlon...Go to it young man, play beautiful. That defender from Atletico should be banned for a good long time for that rubbish.

A Great Article with other clips of Kerlon and the incident:
Goal.com - Editorial/Comment - ‘Rabbit’ Attacks ‘Seal’ In Rumble Between ‘Rooster’ And ‘Fox’

Last edited by a moderator:

mastermind

Nov 23, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are starting to sound like Fat Monkey with all the Halo players union. I think that showboating is going to get you some pain. He should know that by now!!!:rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are not talking about FVSL or VMSL here, this kind of stuff would probably be considered showboating and/or unsporting behaviour in Amateur Leagues where as Zaurrini put it 'nobody has a financial stake in it'

It looks to me like he was running at their defense and goal, if he was just rubbing salt into a wound he would be screwign around in his own end, or running away from the goal...

Where does this fit between simply megging a guy and repeatedly beating a guy over and over just to showboat?

mastermind

Nov 23, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know the greatest player ever (Pele) would frown on that kind of showboating. If you can meg a guy then do it, don't start juggling the ball on your head, thats going to piss someone off. I would like to see what the rest of the game was like for a better guage though.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously if I saw that on the pitch against my team I'd fcken hammer him harder then he was hit. I'll put money on it that he doesn't try that shite again against this side.
All he did by doing that is by trying to disrespect the other side and he paid for it!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looked like he was just going for the ball.... :rolleyes:

Walks,

Hardly a yellow card, right?

Stilllimping,

Z

PS
where as Zaurrini put it 'nobody has a financial stake in it'
Misquoted.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, once upon a time I bet thiere was a debate about Ronaldinho and his L'Estico dribble etc..Last time I checked Fifa Rules it said you could dribble the ball with any part of your body but your arms and hands... Why is it okay for peopl eto applaud this kind of play by Ronaldinho? At around 1:30 of this video against PSV?

The boy (Kerlon) is a bit special

Last edited by a moderator:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For some reason, I don't look at this "move" as showboating? To me, if one has the skill, there is no better way to 'run' at defenders than with the ball controlled by your head - you can't tackle the guy. The best you can do is turn, jockey and wait for the attacker to hit the ball a little too far ahead in the air so that you can gain positioning.

moneyman

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must agree with the majority of the people. This little ****head got off easy, most guys i hit don't normally get up without the help of Medical staff being dispatched to tend to them. Note to Johnny Brownoser is if you and Regs want to play womens soccer, go play with the Bitches. If you want to play with the men keep your head up while it is still attached Premadonnaa!!!!!!

$$$MAN MAXIMUS

mastermind

Nov 23, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now Regs, you can't tell me that back wallers are on the back wall for their skill. They are there to stop a guy from going at your goal Period!! Whatever it takes. If you look closely at the clip the D man could have knocked that guys head off and he clearly just made a statement. I know 1000 guys who could juggle a ball on their head, that was showboating not skill.

Note: to JB Ronaldinho uses very fast footwork with rocket speed much like Pele. The two shouldn't be compared.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sorry, apparently you don't know me or the game of football.

I understand you are probably some red neck (I see you're from that blight on society Maple Ridge) hockey-schooled guy that picked up soccer, and it is all about keeping your head up etc...

I am a mucker of the highest order, and would never imagine trying to step over anyone in a game, nevermind trying to beat anyone one on one...

The game of football is only made better by brilliant individual efforts and team build ups that result in great attempts on net or goals.

There will always be a certain level of showmanship or showboating on soccer- it is part of soccer culture, unfortunately (in canada especially) so is the idea that if someone has a skill you do not, you have to 'Make him pay for it'

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Note: to JB Ronaldinho uses very fast footwork with rocket speed much like Pele. The two shouldn't be compared.

...And Kerlon has the ability to pop the ball to his head and run at defenders who can only hope to have Kerlon run into them to avoid giving up a foul in and around their own 18 yard box (and that would suck just looking at his Juninho-like free kicks he strokes)

You are right, appleas and oranges mate...One has a legal sporting skill that he has mastered, and the other has a legal sporting skill that he has mastered.

It just so happens that people that think a certain way (and are largely responsible for the state that soccer is in inside this country) find one as unsporting behaviour and one as perfectly fine, even though they are (by the letter of the fifa laws) both just beating defenders while adding a touch of flair:cool:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If my team played his team 18 straight games I'd fcken flatten him every second game. Why you ask??? because i'd be serving a suspension after every meeting and have to sit out a game after every time.:D

mastermind

Nov 23, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed soccer in Canada has some serious shortfalls. I also play very hard myself and have a small piece of flair on the side. I hate guys that try to take you out because they just suck at the game. Still to quote $$$ showboaters need to keep their heads up hockey or not.

moneyman

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sorry, apparently you don't know me or the game of football.

I understand you are probably some red neck (I see you're from that blight on society Maple Ridge) hockey-schooled guy that picked up soccer, and it is all about keeping your head up etc...

I am a mucker of the highest order, and would never imagine trying to step over anyone in a game, nevermind trying to beat anyone one on one...

The game of football is only made better by brilliant individual efforts and team build ups that result in great attempts on net or goals.

There will always be a certain level of showmanship or showboating on soccer- it is part of soccer culture, unfortunately (in canada especially) so is the idea that if someone has a skill you do not, you have to 'Make him pay for it'

Let me try and figure out something. are you a transplanted whop discraced from the Italian culture centre for not being able to have the SKILL to dribble through cones or even squash grapes for Grandpas wine. I am all about showboating and showmanship, those who are in the $$$MANS circle of friends experience this weekly. I must add 1 player who was missed, it should be the top 3 players ****Barry Parno The Great*** and his sidekick and Mentor RangerForever!

$$$MAN

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, he is keeping his head up...Hitting in Hockey is LEGAL, putting your shoulder into a guys chest at half sprint in Soccer is NOT LEGAL.

How many times have you applauded your best player drawing a foul or peno because some hacker has drilled him when he mistimed a tackle while your guy megged him or rounding him like a turnstyle? Kerlon is a total success if his Seal dribble ends up in a goal, and is a half success if his move draws a free kick in a dangerous area to score a goal...

Girth: Your team would also be conceding a good number of goals conceding all of those free kicks around your area...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let me try and figure out something. are you a transplanted whop discraced from the Italian culture centre for not being able to have the SKILL to dribble through cones or even squash grapes for Grandpas wine. I am all about showboating and showmanship, those who are in the $$ circle of friends experience this weekly. I must add 1 player who was missed, it should be the top 3 players ****Barry Parno The Great*** and his sidekick and Mentor RangerForever!

$$
1. I am of Scottish Descent (read Descent, not dissent or decent) not Italian....and it is spelled Disgraced not discraced...Some real genious' gracing these boards of late...

2. If you are going to use a racial slur, at least get it right- It's WOP, Wop is used in some dialects of English as an ethnic slur or racial term for a person of Italian descent. Contrary to popular belief, it is not an acronym for "With Out Papers" or "Working On Pavement", but was derived from an Italian word "guappo", meaning dude or thug.

...but I'm sure you already knew this...:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0