Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 kjohnsob's Div 2 Combined Power Rankings.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a stupid comment. I'd put money that any team would be in the quarter as long as they didn't meet a stronger team.

that is a stupid comment. So your saying that a stronger team will always win every game, game in and game out? Define what a stronger team is? More points in a different division? More goals for, less goals against? You cant define what a stronger team is until you face each other.

Nomads have supposedly drawn THE strongest team (by what you wanna define as strong) in the first round for the last 2 years in the cup and we have won both times. Doesn't matter who is stronger on paper or by stats, matters who is ready to play that day.

Have the mighty Red devils gone without defeat yet? Nope, Young Guns beat them already, so it shows anyone can be beaten on any day. Guildford Utd and ACBC are yet to face defeat. Therefore I will hold to my comment that them two, along with us Nomads will make the quarters this year, so long as WE don't face each other.

bets are open.....

THE DEVIL

Oct 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
that is a stupid comment. So your saying that a stronger team will always win every game, game in and game out? Define what a stronger team is? More points in a different division? More goals for, less goals against? You cant define what a stronger team is until you face each other.

Nomads have supposedly drawn THE strongest team (by what you wanna define as strong) in the first round for the last 2 years in the cup and we have won both times. Doesn't matter who is stronger on paper or by stats, matters who is ready to play that day.

Have the mighty Red devils gone without defeat yet? Nope, Young Guns beat them already, so it shows anyone can be beaten on any day. Guildford Utd and ACBC are yet to face defeat. Therefore I will hold to my comment that them two, along with us Nomads will make the quarters this year, so long as WE don't face each other.

bets are open.....

We finished the game against Young Guns with 9 guys + 1 injured player who we left on but couldn't run. Young Guns will get what's coming in a couple weeks.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We finished the game against Young Guns with 9 guys + 1 injured player who we left on but couldn't run. Young Guns will get what's coming in a couple weeks.

i was just using you guys as an example.

the point is that any team can be beaten on any day. Just because you may be technically and on paper the "stronger" team does not mean you cannot be beaten. Many factors come into play. In that case you were saying you were short players and injured. Happens all the time.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
True any team can lose any game but what your saying is that your so good there is only 2 teams that could ever beat you. They all haven't been defeted accept Nomads because they haven't played any tough teams, ( devils, gunners, young guns, pumas, ect. ). Good argument none the less you think your the only good teams in div 2 cup time will tell. Not saying it will be us but I'm pretty sure someone will knock you off your high horse.

onlygoals

Nov 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
As rich said it best,the only way we will find out is by playing one another .Guildford united is up for the challenge anytime to face off against the top 2a and 2c teams just like the way acbc is...hey Rich will the showers be open for when we play you?

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
True any team can lose any game but what your saying is that your so good there is only 2 teams that could ever beat you. They all haven't been defeted accept Nomads because they haven't played any tough teams, ( devils, gunners, young guns, pumas, ect. ). Good argument none the less you think your the only good teams in div 2 cup time will tell. Not saying it will be us but I'm pretty sure someone will knock you off your high horse.

Man, u guys must have trouble reading english or something. Where in any of my posts did I say we are the three best div.2 teams and we cannot be beaten? I'm not on a high horse at all, just have faith in my team that we will make it back to the quarters again. And knowing how ghouse gears up for the cup run, it will be tough to knock out the defending champs. As for gulidford, they are very strong and well organize, and I can see them making it far in the cup as well.

It was just an opinion of mine that we three will make quarters. And that any team can be beaten on any given day. Time to move on...

Double R

Aug 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
These power rankings really dont mean a whole lot. As time goes on the top teams from all 3 divisions will stick out from the rest. It is impossible to tell who has the strongest or weakest div. before christmas. It also doesnt matter who has the strongest div. because cup play will sort that argument out by itself.
If I were to guess teams that go deep into the cup play it would be ACBC, Guilford , and Devils. ACBC will get there best squad out from there 100 man roster, pull some tricky yet legal transfers and probally win the cup. In order to beat their best squad you would have to play one hell of a game with some very good players (div.1 / prem quality)
just my 2 cents

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
So you mean that team's that beat teams will be on top. no shite sherlock.

That's why it takes into account goals for and goal difference. I team winning 5-0 is rewarded more than one winning 1-0. I looked at trying to get something that factored their opponents rankings, but I either got circular logic errors or would have to do the calculations manually which just isnt worth the time.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Showers/Changerooms and a roof over the Benches are always open at our park...only problem is the visiting team must run the line on the other side...so at least your gear will be dry on the bench. (or you find a mate to run the line for you)

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
PS: Let them pass the ball back and forth between their defenders, and play just a little physical, spread the field and you can exploit the fact ghouse has guys who'd play striker on anyother team playing defense. :bronco:

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
These power rankings really dont mean a whole lot. As time goes on the top teams from all 3 divisions will stick out from the rest. It is impossible to tell who has the strongest or weakest div. before christmas. It also doesnt matter who has the strongest div. because cup play will sort that argument out by itself.
If I were to guess teams that go deep into the cup play it would be ACBC, Guilford , and Devils. ACBC will get there best squad out from there 100 man roster, pull some tricky yet legal transfers and probally win the cup. In order to beat their best squad you would have to play one hell of a game with some very good players (div.1 / prem quality)
just my 2 cents

Hey on that note...we are looking for a couple very good defenders.
Anyone feel like jumpin ship PM me.
Your resume must say you have played and started on at least a div 1 team.
It wouldnt hurt to have a young hot girl who you dont mind passing around. Sister or Milf Ok. (no Gilf)
Anyone from Aldergrove...hint hint.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love the my div is better then your div talk........

My take is the 2a has the closet division in talent the other two have some weak squads.... not saying our div is better just the talent of teams is much closer in our div compared to the others.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rankings
B Athletic Club BC 153
C Fraser Valley Red Devils 153
B Guildford Utd 126.5
C LUFC Young Guns 102
A Port Moody Gunners 96
B LUFC Nomads 87
C Whalley Utd 87