Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Knights Cup 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey FVSL D2 & D3'ers,
I'm sure you have all seen the page at the website (which is taking forever to load today for some reason:mad:) that the dates for cup play are announced...obviously there hasn't been a draw. When does the draw typically happen? Is it totally at Random? Do D3 teams have to play d2 teams? I looked back in this forum and found The Franchise posted up the teams drawn in Late September last year for the 07 CUP.

Dates:
Jan 18-20 Cup
Feb 1-3 Cup
Feb 15-17 Cup
Mar 7-9 Cup
Mar 14-16 Cup
Mar 30 Cup Final

Those are the dates I have seen.
Fvsl Schedules

EDIT: Here is link to Poll: http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/fvsl/13406-knights-cup-poll.html
draws are found on page 4 of this thread

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year we started out against a D3 team so it is completely random, you can have 2 tenth place D3 teams playing each other. The also gave 6 D2 teams bye in the first round, not quite sure how they decided on them though.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Matters where you finnished last year for the byes into the second round..Then all the rest into a hat or ping pong bingo thing and wella.
Ya never know who ya get till its posted on FV web site.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Matters where you finnished last year for the byes into the second round..Then all the rest into a hat or ping pong bingo thing and wella.
Ya never know who ya get till its posted on FV web site.

If it is last year that's stupid, as the teams that deserve it most were promoted. But like JBN they did the draw in September so they didn't really have anything to go on yet. Hopefully if there are byes they go by that, and hopefully we'll still be in second, or better yet first.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would you want a bye anyways, unless you're afraid of an early exit!! Last year Cup play started in November, that's why the schedule was drawn up earlier

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
of course he is worried about an early exit, the Strikers may draw the mighty Nomads ;)

We're hoping to draw you, at least we know we can win ;) Not worried about an early exit, it's about resting players with injuries, that would be nice. We've only been able to train once in the last 3 weeks due to us having so many injuries.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup play is in January Stallion, who knows if you will have any injuries. As a player, you should want to play as many games as possible, especially games that mean something, there's nothing better than having a game where you lose you're out, win and go on, this brings the best out of players (players with heart, at least) this is what playing the game is all about.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup play is in January Stallion, who knows if you will have any injuries. As a player, you should want to play as many games as possible, especially games that mean something, there's nothing better than having a game where you lose you're out, win and go on, this brings the best out of players (players with heart, at least) this is what playing the game is all about.

True enough, and I just realized how stupid that comment was as with cup play being in January we have a month off with no games to heal. Can't wait for it to start though, we want to make up for last year.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
True enough, and I just realized how stupid that comment was as with cup play being in January we have a month off with no games to heal. Can't wait for it to start though, we want to make up for last year.

Stal, by January the cup may well be the only meaningful games you have left to play, so you may just want to hope for a first-round match to occupy your mind from sadly looking too far up the standings at the Rams ;)

Mind you, that could just as easily be us pining for the meaningful games...should be interesting to see the draw :D.

~Shaven

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stal, by January the cup may well be the only meaningful games you have left to play, so you may just want to hope for a first-round match to occupy your mind from sadly looking too far up the standings at the Rams ;)

Mind you, that could just as easily be us pining for the meaningful games...should be interesting to see the draw :D.

~Shaven

At first I thought, holy crap, a Ram that makes a confident prediction, and then you let me down ;) If the Wolves can take some points off you, then the rest of your season will be meaningful :D

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd be worried about the Wolves, not the same team you beat 5-0. Apparently (as I wasn't at the game), they gave a harder run than you did.

Why because you lost? Well you should have lost on that night in Whalley to! Whalley was lucky to get a tie point blank, you know it, Pk Howler knows it, Westcoast knows it, fukc the drug dealer behind the fence shooting up in the bush knew it!

Wolves were missing 2 guys him included. I talked to the coach and he said that there team was there! We played probabley one of our best games that day and nobody in our division was going to beat us on that day. We chased there starting goalie from the net at half-time and must have had 20 shots on the replacement in the second half.

Its going to be a great game next week no doubt and anyone in our division (except alderhole) can win on any given day. Do i think we are the best team in div 2 (maybe not) but we play hard and have alot of skilled players! Do I think we are going to have no losses at the end of the year....not luckly and if we play like we have in the last two weeks a loss will happen. Stal ask around with other teams in our div, we played horriable on that night in Whalley and you guys were unlucky not to score but then lucky to get a point in the second half. I think the Royals and United are the best teams we have played so far. Royals are a young sqaud that have alot of skilled players, they don't let in alot of goals but have a hard time scoring, it was our toughest game in the first round!

Do I think the Knights Cup means anything....nope! Anyone can win on any giving sunday, 1 loss your out and upsets are going to happen all over the place. If you want to earn something win the league, thats were it proves what teams can bring it week in and week out... not cup play!!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why because you lost? Well you should have lost on that night in Whalley to! Whalley was lucky to get a tie point blank, you know it, Pk Howler knows it, Westcoast knows it, fukc the drug dealer behind the fence shooting up in the bush knew it!

Wolves were missing 2 guys him included. I talked to the coach and he said that there team was there! We played probabley one of our best games that day and nobody in our division was going to beat us on that day. We chased there starting goalie from the net at half-time and must have had 20 shots on the replacement in the second half.

Its going to be a great game next week no doubt and anyone in our division (except alderhole) can win on any given day. Do i think we are the best team in div 2 (maybe not) but we play hard and have alot of skilled players! Do I think we are going to have no losses at the end of the year....not luckly and if we play like we have in the last two weeks a loss will happen. Stal ask around with other teams in our div, we played horriable on that night in Whalley and you guys were unlucky not to score but then lucky to get a point in the second half. I think the Royals and United are the best teams we have played so far. Royals are a young sqaud that have alot of skilled players, they don't let in alot of goals but have a hard time scoring, it was our toughest game in the first round!

Do I think the Knights Cup means anything....nope! Anyone can win on any giving sunday, 1 loss your out and upsets are going to happen all over the place. If you want to earn something win the league, thats were it proves what teams can bring it week in and week out... not cup play!!

We're trying to win the league, and you are correct about any given Sunday. When we have everyone, and play our game, no one in D2 will beat us, that being said it's probably never going to happen. Everyone has injuries and players missing as I'm sure that's how you guys will end up dropping points (it is for us). The 2 toughest teams for us so far have been the Wolves (and not because they beat us) and you guys. Every other team has been garbage, regardless of the scoreline in those games. Should be noted we haven't actually played the Royals so I can't include them in garbage. Round 2 with the Rams and the Wolves will be great games to watch.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your right about the Cup being fun,Win your in ,Lose your out,,Love it.
The 2 teams that make the final also get to go to the B Provincials. The Keith Miller Cup. Usually won by Richmond.
Cups are so much fun but only once a year,thats the downer part,you have a bad game or a bad draw and bam,you have to wait a hole year to play in a cup again. Unless we get you guys out to our meeting next week and we do something about that,,Hhhmmm

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't wait till cup comes around cause we can actually get some games that mean something and see what heart your team really has when it truly matters. Us Nomads have not played that great the last 3 weeks and a lot has to do with a lot of guys just coasting and not caring as much anymore. My buddy says he gets more exciting and up to play when playing with the D2 team than he does our team, which is not a good thing.

Come January, first round of the cup, hopes that puts some heart into all players, stepping up their games and making for some good football

PK Howler

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

A few points of correction. Our starting goalie was waiting in the ferry lineup @ Albion along with other players. That game was in another season the way it's been lately. Next week should be hopefully fast, clean and you guys can keep the Queen's English (lots of Brit accents I noticed in WHA) And Wolves will speak in assorted tongues. In WHA yes you guys should have won 2-0 or whatever. But on any given game date anything can happen. Cup play will be very interesting. The last 3 years we were in the U-21 Provincials. When we played the Royals they admitted to being hung over from Halloween as were most of the Wolves on that day in POCO. See you next week!!:cool::bronco:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0