Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Knights Cup MOTW Quarter Finals

MOTW Quarter Finals Poll

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whiterock is gonna be our toughest competition by far in the cup so far. I was looking at there record only 16 goals against all season that seems quite stingy. As we have never played them anyone care to fill us in on what we can look forward to on sunday would be appreciated.

Have you looked at are goals against;)

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definately looking forward to the Quarter Finals this weekend. Some intriguing match ups with some surprises through to this point. Can't speak for a lot of the teams as I haven't seen them play but of late White Rock has been on a tear. If Whalley took out Peace Arch they shouldn't have a problem with the Coyotes. No idea about the other teams.

Look forward to playing the Rams though. Have played them in the past and always enjoyed the challenge. They are a solid team with a lot of talented players. Nobody is giving us much of a chance and to a certain degree I can't blame them. We seem to bumble around and find ways to tie games against the bottom feeders to make us seem like just that. Fortunately things turn around each year come cup and we play to our competitions level. If tradition holds true this should be a good game!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definately looking forward to the Quarter Finals this weekend. Some intriguing match ups with some surprises through to this point. Can't speak for a lot of the teams as I haven't seen them play but of late White Rock has been on a tear. If Whalley took out Peace Arch they shouldn't have a problem with the Coyotes. No idea about the other teams.

Look forward to playing the Rams though. Have played them in the past and always enjoyed the challenge. They are a solid team with a lot of talented players. Nobody is giving us much of a chance and to a certain degree I can't blame them. We seem to bumble around and find ways to tie games against the bottom feeders to make us seem like just that. Fortunately things turn around each year come cup and we play to our competitions level. If tradition holds true this should be a good game!

Well any team that's made the last 8 out of 60 has to be doing something right, good luck this weekend.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

I predict a blow out 5-0 for the Rams. If Titans are in this game for more then 20 mins. I would be very suprised.

Whalley should destroy the Coyotes, but they like to control the ball a lot so probably close score just because Coyotes will try and play keep away. 4-1 Whalley.

White Rock are a weird team one minute they look good the next not so much. The only reason they are in the quarters is because of their draw.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well any team that's made the last 8 out of 60 has to be doing something right, good luck this weekend.

I would not say that much. some teams had easy draws some had first round byes. Whalley or Rams to win the cup, maybe Mission haven't seen them play but they must be good.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
A lot of talk Westcoast considering you guys aren't in it anymore. I will give you guys credit though as you beat us in both encounters this year. Definately have a good squad. I also agree that some teams progress with some luck on their side be it bye's or easier draws. But you've got to be doing something right to win and advance regardless.

I beg to differ about your 5-0 Rams win prediction. However, I am a realist and know that we are facing a good team. Played many times in the past and really enjoyed the high quality of the Rams squad. We had some great games including a memorable one last year when we only had 9 guys out in Golden Ears and played to a 2-1 loss on a goal in stoppage time. They seem to have our number but I am looking forward to a close game.

Guess we'll just have to see what happens.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I predict a blow out 5-0 for the Rams. If Titans are in this game for more then 20 mins. I would be very suprised.

Whalley should destroy the Coyotes, but they like to control the ball a lot so probably close score just because Coyotes will try and play keep away. 4-1 Whalley.

White Rock are a weird team one minute they look good the next not so much. The only reason they are in the quarters is because of their draw.

I agree, although I hope the Coyotes don't play keep away, I'd like to see some attacking footy from them and see what they can do. Sitting back and trying to play keep away is the worst thing they could do against us.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree, although I hope the Coyotes don't play keep away, I'd like to see some attacking footy from them and see what they can do. Sitting back and trying to play keep away is the worst thing they could do against us.

All the Coyotes really have is Andy #10 in the middle. The rest just average. Should be easy way into the semis.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
All the Coyotes really have is Andy #10 in the middle. The rest just average. Should be easy way into the semis.

One guy in the middle? They're in trouble as we have 4 that are better. Even though I don't know him. Should be easy you say? Well we'll make it hard for ourselves, it's the Whalley way :D

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Franchise with 5:confused::D

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes we're junk. But better junk then you. One tie 2-2 and one win 2-0. must have been tough beating the Bullets when they had 11 players and half of them were over 35. You will lose this weekend.

You need a hug or something? Everything will be ok. There there.

Anyways, Coyotes have some quality offense when they choose to show up, but they play very lazy based on the two matches we've had with them. A good offensive team should have no problem with them. I don't think it'll be a wash, but I don't see them getting past the quarters.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
andy's alright, if he passed the ball more he would be a whole lot better, but they have some good strikers(when they show up)....it'll be an interesting game with a some what experienced side in the coyotes against the young gun whalley team. though we are from the same club i highly doubt the coyotes will win but if they pull out a surprising upset, stal you guys suck......but don't let them beat you or else they'll only think they're more better than us (which they're not):D

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Coyotes have a couple guys with some good skill, but if you take away their time and space they don't have much. They like to try and play it around, get it to a striker or attacking mid, hold it up and then distribute from there. It can be effective but as earlier posts elluded to they can be pretty lazy and don't work well together as a team.
Not knowing their opponent at all I'm interested to see the outcome.

I also look forward to seeing how White Rock does as from all accounts they have been playing some great soccer! Some good attacking presence on that team, but their defence can be exposed as they aren't too quick.

The third quarterfinal, no idea on the teams.

And well, Titans v Rams. I think Westcoast has built it up quite well how us Titans are going to get walloped so why bother trying to convince him or anyone else otherwise.

Matthew

Jan 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only upset i see coming this round is white rock...playing against them as a keeper and watching them both games...they seem like an ON team i say 2-0 white rock. The mission game i dont see much happening there except a mission victory (they sound fast) ...with the titans games...although we tied them...i watched the rams play against the strikers one time and the rams looked awsome. i dont know if it was an ON game for them, but they looked good.... i say 3-1 rams. With the strikers and yotes....i dunno....maybe an upset if whalley comes to play...i watched the game against bradner? and i dont know what that was but if that team shows up...then the yotes have a chance....looking forward to the weekend.

rookie7

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
haha what r u talking about we looked unreal against the bradner red shirts ...
no seriously hat was a joke.. we came out and basically flat lined right from the kick off
the coach has been kicking our asses at practice ever since.. take the peace arch game we showed up and played our game .. we all like to attack and take away the other teams space as quick as possible.. and we arnt afraid to take one or two guys on at a time.. i dont know much about the yotes but they are in trouble this weekend i hope they come ready to go or it wont be much of a game ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0