Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ladner Over-35 Thursday Night League 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was gracious of Blazearmy and DITH not to post. The only things worth mentioning tonight were Blaze bailing with the cooler(although it stayed level), and the ass goal by Double In. We lost 3-2. I played outstanding. Won every ball I went for. I can't seem to recall, didn't something else happen...

Oh ya, sir gimpalot is now on crutches and is a question mark for everything he had planned for the next week. Nice to see a few spectators out. Thanks to Walks, DITH, Blaze, and Parkhead. I'd thank Fastshow too but apparently walking 10 feet to introduce one's self is a too much for Mr. England. Then again, if I could walk 10 feet....

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
outrage.......

Given the fact I haven't a fcuking clue who you are I'm afraid I was loath to wander about saying, 'Hullo, I'm Fastshow. Have you seen (and who is) The Power?' People have been burned at the stake for less, mate.

I've been far too busy posting pictures of KNVB on the Premium Members thread. Obviously.

That and the fact I'd already been collared by fcuking John M**tei for a reminiscing chat I thought it best Mr. England got the hell out of dodge. Or, at least, bloody Ladner.

Dartsinthehood

Mar 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
History Lesson

The game started of well as I started my history lesson early.

Lesson #1

As we got there I got to learn all about the Berlin Wall falling as I say BlazeArmy crash down a two foot, ten degree hill? Appreciate the cooler staying level and the chair smashing you in the face.

Lesson # 2

I have always wanted to see the New York Skyline especially the Statue of Liberty, thanks to One Dart tonight I think I have seeen just about all I need. Were those blue socks on your legs? or was that the discolouration of the moss that was growing there?

There was probably more I could have taken in but those two lesson far surpassed my mental capability.

BTW nice take-out Captain on the Power

That was really bad but from what I have heard you guys can get worse.

There you go Power, im not that gracious

Peace DITH

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, we actually played okay tonight. Of course, our goals were both penalty shots. Even the golden boot wasn't enough for the Captain to take cheap penalties. Double In did well for the most part. Captain had a couple of chances but not GREAT chances. One Dart played a good game in the midfield and we actually were unlucky not to tie the game. Overall, a good effort considering we played 55 minutes with 10 men(9.5 actually because Dave has a gimpy leg, which is even worse than mine). We will have our last game next week against the first place team. I might even have a kick at someone next week.

BTW, the ref was ****ING AWFUL. Shoc-king

Captain

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tsawwwww......

What happened to your ringers? Parkhead was there, with no boots? Walks, you just happened to be in Ladner!. And lastly, Blaze I sure hope the tumble you took last night does not effect your stellar netminding.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't say I'm overly impressed with my play last night. Their second goal was EXTREMELY soft. One in a million that guy 9 banks the ball off my legs... have it rattle around and then make me sit on it squirting it in. If Blaze was in net no doubt that never would have gone in. We'd need a new ball mind you, but it wouldn't have been a goal. The third, Fastshow's bestest new mate John M***tie headed a near post cross off of Scud having it change direction on me. I made the save (a nice one too) but the spin on the ball was too much, as it I kicked it out it back spun right back in the net.

Anyway, I got what I wanted from the match and that was to see OD and Power play soccer. Along with that about 100 years worth of TTP material. Scud, was the man of the match I though working both ends of the pitch. He's a bloody workhorse in the back. Solid stuff Scud. Seriously.

Captain, I think you should have a new motto. "If it ain't to me it isn't for me." ;)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
actually i think if i was in goal it would have been bounced around a little bit longer squirt forward hit my foot then go in.

The balls however are much more fun to play with if i sit on them. They tend to waro and you can get massive swerve on the ball. Mind you they really should only be used at that point to play rugby.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI KNVB:

The lad that had you looking for your ginch in the box was Demolition's brother believe it or not.

Great.
The one fcuking game I miss is when all the pissers are there.
The version of events I heard is that we pissed on the pissers. :p
How bad could it have been if I was there? :rolleyes:
The chance to put one past KNVB gone forever....

Of course Rangers on top, just like the SPL. :D

Sorry I missed it boys,

RF

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You mean the guy who shanked his cross and caught me cheating? I'm glad I made his night. :rolleyes: I forgot about the first goal. Halvey rounded his 5th defender and put his shot top right. It's not that he's know for scoring goals or anything. :rolleyes:

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB, thanks for the honour. Almost brought a tear to my eye. I suppose knocking in the winning own goal cements the title...

Overall, it was 100 times more fun playing in a 3-2 loss than a 10-1 loss. KNVB was very solid in net and got horizontal mire than once.

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, I think you should have a new motto. "If it ain't to me it isn't for me."

What else am I supposed to do when you shank every fcuking drop kick out of bounds or close to it? Usually I would go for the ball if it was within 15 yards of me either way. You apparently had a hard time judging the wind and more importantly, my elusive speed. :rolleyes:

Play to feet, KNVB, to feet.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Utter shambles ..........

I can't say I'm overly impressed with my play last night.

You can fcuking say that again mate ........

Classic moment as I was chatting with Fasty & Parkhead was a shot / cross that was going out for a throw ........ out of nowhere knvb 'flings' himself at the ball and duly directs it for a corner. Well done son, you've done yourself proud :rolleyes:

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knvb,

can't say I'm overly impressed with my play last night

Honestly neither am I. You should stick to using your feet rather than your hands. Much more effective.;) But now you have tasted the level of excellence in the league you should be able to step up your game next week.:eek:

Good to see you Fasty. Hopefully next time I see you at a match it is actually a football match.:D

Parkheadwastedvaluablegrasscuttingtimetowatchthatspectakle

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not exactly sure what you guys were watching, but I only dropped one cross and it was whipped in and I EASILY controlled it off the bounce. No harm done. I did however whiff at ONE punch attempt. I guess my timing was off a bit. My last stint in net was with Fastshow, apparently, we were 6. Other than that I did everything right. I saved a clear cut break away, tipped over two or three other attemps early in the first and I caught all the other crosses. My only real problem seemed to be hitting the Captain square on the foot from 60 fcuking yards away. My bad. :rolleyes:

I've seen you regular Club I keeper and you'd be fcuking lucky to have me in the pipes for the hoops next year.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've seen you regular Club I keeper and you'd be fcuking lucky to have me in the pipes for the hoops next year.

Alright then it's settled, your in goal come september. I'll go upfront and produce more goals then you did with surrey all of last year.:eek:

Just ask Parkead and Walks, Im as prolific a striker ass Michael Owen.:)

CIC

CICwhoplayed45shutoutminutesandslottedonetoo

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My only real problem seemed to be hitting the Captain square on the foot from 60 fcuking yards away. My bad

If my foot was firmly planted 5 yards outside of the sideline, then you did hit me square on the foot. You have got to be fcuking joking. Hopefully, you're being facetious. See other thread.

Also, when you're taking goal kicks, try raising the ball above shin level. You'll find that midfielders will have a harder time intercepting your kicks and coming right back at you. Why do you shank your shots high over the net, yet drive your goal kicks low so they can be intercepted? Perhaps you can answer that one, Partner.

Captain

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze was stellar!. unfortunately the score does not reflect this. PFC 6- thistle 0. Even with ringers they could not stop the goalscoring machine we like to call Peggy. Another hatrick puts him back in contention for GB. Blaze recovered from his spill at holly to put on a breakaway clinic. 5 breakaway's 0 goals.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll go upfront and produce more goals then you did with surrey all of last year.
At least you would be making yourself useful for once. :eek: Easy now mini H.O.S. I was being facetious. See other thread.

Captain, I believe you have miss read that quote. My problem WAS hitting you on the foot 60 fcuking yard away.... and I guess the odd goal kick too. (According to your piss take definition handbook I should insert this... :rolleyes: here. Right? )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0