Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Local All stars vs the world

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

Could you please get Mike Dodd to give me a call an confirm his attendance in the Nations Cup this year? I've phoned him 2 times and I hope he is not avoiding me like most birds do when they see HOS in the bar. Surely, he can't be that busy preparing for these games. :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I talked to Doddy on Monday... it sounds like he's not playing Nations, but I *think* you'll be able to talk to him about it at some stag in a week :D

~Regs.
Captain Shamrock said:
Regs,

Could you please get Mike Dodd to give me a call an confirm his attendance in the Nations Cup this year? I've phoned him 2 times and I hope he is not avoiding me like most birds do when they see HOS in the bar. Surely, he can't be that busy preparing for these games. :D

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS,

Heard that Didar is not coming out for the game....................you gotta a chance baby!

John

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard that Didar is not coming out for the game....................you gotta a chance baby!
Not anymore he doesn't.

Diadr is out, unfortunately due to a death in the family. Steve London is in.

I've also been reinstated as the official equipment manager. I may have to carry the balls, sock tape, cones and water bottles and put up with Millar's shite, but at least I get a free tracky and dinner with the Millwall lads. It's not a good life, but at least it is one.

TTP power strikes again... It's been noted by the league a "certain keeper" has been having a moan about Dudes ASS and it's status on the VMSL all-star team. It should be noted Dudes ASS has been called 4 times in the last 4 weeks with no reply from him. He wasn’t over looked, nor was he shunned he was just given up on.

Or so I hear from my reliable ASS.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I call bullshit.

Have you ever heard of Dude's ASS not making a noise? Hell no! Dude's ASS is well-known for repeating everything it comes in contact with.

~Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The latest on Dude's ASS

This just in: my ASS is going to have a go with the boys tomorrow.

My ASS also contends a different version of events than reported by KNVMarty, however, my ASS is also just happy it got sorted out. My ASS holds no hard feelings. Onward and outward.

My ASS is looking forward to getting a few minutes in; even if my ASS is out of shape, and is sure to get a good humping, a good time will be had by all.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
I've also been reinstated as the official equipment manager. I may have to carry the balls, sock tape, cones and water bottles and put up with Millar's shite, but at least I get a free tracky and dinner with the Millwall lads. It's not a good life, but at least it is one.

knvballboy, hope you go all the boy's boots shined up real good last night, don't want them looking like a bunch of scrubers for the match. Hey they might even let you put on the boots and chase balls for them before the match, I am sure Notty will be putting a few over the fence.
Glad to see that the VMSL Heads came to thier senses and re-instated the Big Man for the game, it is only right, but he will probably only see 20 minutes of game.

Good luck to the VMSL Boys today, do us proud.

hos

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is a little late but may I ask which of the TTP faithful are going? This match will be a good one. Also if KNVB is the ball boy and somebody nails him and they are a TTP member (no you can not hit yourself KNVB) I will give them 2000 tokens since I can't do anything with them :wa: . HOS that means you might have to somehow enter the field.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain's Keeper said:
HOS that means you might have to somehow enter the field.

I will get my SUV Stroller out of the garage, is there any way that knvballboy will attempt a bike while shaging balls, if so, he is in BIG trouble. On that note, how much are they charging to watch this match, 15 bucks sounds a little steep, are there any stumps to watch the game from out at Town Center?

hos

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Millwall Offical Site said:
The Millwall squad landed in Vancouver at 10am local time on Friday morning following a ten hour flight, and after a brief stroll and a little sightseeing it was straight to bed.However,the change in time zones has played havoc with everyone's sleep patterns,and it's a relief that the first game of the tour is not until 4pm Sunday afternoon (12 midnight English time).
The players are staying in the Hilton hotel in Barnaby, a suburb of Vancouver, just ten minutes from the Swangard Stadium, home of the Vancouver Whitecaps, where the second and third games of the tour will be played in the three- team tournament involving Hearts and Canada.
The opening fixture sees The Lions take on Vancouver Men's Soccer League All Stars at Coquitlam.
Dennis Wise and Ray Wilkins, along with Dave Tuttle, went to the Swangard Stadium to see the Whitecaps beat Seattle 1-0 to maintain their position at the top of the A League Western Division.
Although the standard of soccer here is probably below Conference level, there is an increasing enthusiasm for the game which the British Columbia Soccer Association are hoping to capitalise on with this tour and tournament.
From Millwall's perspective, the training regime is as important as the games are in many respects, as Ray Wilkins pointed out: "The important thing is not to be ready for next Saturday's match against Hearts, but for the trip to Plymouth on August 7th.
Dennis has a squad of 19 players here, including one or two who will not feature greatly, if at all, in the games since they are not far enough advanced in their rehabilitation from injury. Keeper Terry Masterson was a late addition to the party which includes new boys Graham Stack and Jody Morris, Andy Marshall, who re-signed on Thursday, and Gareth Farrelly, who has been training with us since July 1st."
If you register at the Millwall site you can apparently listen to the live match commentary on-line.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Millwall Official Site said:
Millwall's preparation for the first game of the Canadian tour has been unusual to say the least. Once the season proper is underway, matchday is all about rest, leaving body and mind energised for the exertions ahead.
Nothing could be in starker contrast to that than The Lions' build-up to the encounter with the Vancouver Men's Soccer League All Stars on Sunday afternoon. With kick-off five hours away, Dennis Wise's men were engaged in five 1000 metre time trials with just four minutes rest between each, following on from a session in the British Columbia University weights room. Needless to say, there will be a few aching limbs when Millwall take the field for the 4pm start at Coquitlam stadium, a 4000 capacity ground half an hour's drive from the team hotel.
Fitness coach Ben Stork explained: "This tour is all about conditioning the players. We're only 11 days into pre-season, and at this stage results are of secondary importance. The players will be very heavy legged in this game, but it will do them good to feel what it's like to play whilst tired. It will be the same on Wednesday when we play the Canadian national side."
Millwall's approach drew some strange looks from the Hearts' players who are sharing the same training ground and hotel. Amongst the familiar faces in their ranks is ex-Lions winger Paul Hartley who will face his old club when the two sides meet on Saturday.
Kevin Muscat, Danny Dichio, Paul Robinson, Dennis Wise and Andy Marshall will all sit this first game out, but the remainder of the 20 man squad will play at some stage.
Subscribers to Lions World will, with luck, be able to listen to live commentary on Sunday's game. The absence of any phones at Coquitlam, however, means that we will be broadcasting on the mobile variety, with all the joys that entails.
I can't wait to read the post-match report.

I was at Todd Field yesterday for the Westside 7-a-Side, and can confirm the amount of running Millwall was doing. Fcuking insane. I think they were laughing at us as they ran by.

Hearts, on the other hand, missed the net a lot, did some slide tackling and left early.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done to the VMSL Allstars who didn't do too bad from the sounds of things...

Official Millwall FC Website said:
VMSL 1 Millwall 2

Millwall kicked-off their tour of British Columbia with a 2-1 victory against the Vancouver Metro All-Stars at the Town Centre Stadium, Coquitlam on Sunday afternoon.

First-half goals from Paul Ifill and Barry Cogan gave The Lions a 2-0 lead at the break. Mike Gomez was on-target for the home side on 56 minutes and whilst the All-Stars put Dennis Wise's men under pressure in the last few minutes of the game, Millwall held on to their goal advantage and their first victory of the pre-season tour.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually the VMSL team didn't look too bad out there except that on both goals they played for the offside and got burnt. Aside from that it was a great showing but I will believe the articles that Millwall was running today since they looked like crap. If you were to tell me that some of these players were playing for them against Man U. in the F.A. cup I would smack you without hesitation because they looked that bad. Is this the Millwall first team out here? If so I expect a better showing on Wed. against Canada and on Sat against Hearts. Best player for the VMSL today was Mike Gomes who scored the goal, got kicked in the shins by a Millwall player who was lucky to only get a yellow since it was retaliatory. Took a few lumps but did score and had a few good runs especially during the last few mins when the VMSL was all over Millwall and came close to tying it up on a few occasions and maybe should have on one chance in particular.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just back from Dinner and Pints... Lets start by saying what a magical event it was. I had goose bumps on my arms just being there I can only imagine what the starting 11 must have felt like. No one could have said after it was over that it would have been an upset if the VMSL got a point from this. Mike and Mark Gomez were tremendous today as were several other notables such as Steve Millar and Jamo in the back, Corey Jansen, Doddy and TK in the middle and Pete up front to name a few. The VMSL went with a morphed 4-5-1 and for the most part did very well with it.

The skill level I thought was comparable the main difference in style was that Millwall saw absolutely no need to force any ball forward. They were much more comfortable playing 10 to 15 yard balls amongst themselves rather then pushing the envelope. Their fist goal will forever be heavily debated as off-side. (I've heard 60-40 off-side.) Their second was a break-away that was definitely on and very well finished not taking anything away from Corey Bruer who was outstanding in the first half.

The VMSL goal was brilliant in every aspect. Wickedly (such a cool word too) quick ball movement from the back to the middle. When I think Veer slipped a ball out right to TK who had a few digs at net that where very well saved then cleared. The ball some how found it's way out to King again who crossed a perfect ball from about 20 years into Gomsey jr for a clinical header.

The last 10 or 15 minutes were out-standing. The VMSLer really gave them a run for their money and created 7 or 8 quality chances at the end. Two I think actually made the goal line before either missing or being cleared away. Brian O'Vanshagens effort being the last that only missed by inches.

Anyway awesome event and well worth the 29 1/2 boots I polished to be there. I took almost 3 rolls of film and will post some pictures later after I have them developed.

BTW, Dudes ASS was tre-men-dous not to mention very tight in the back and was a pleasure to watch all night. :eek:

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just off the phone with Millar and lets just say he won't be going to bed anytime soon.....................the game was that much fun to be in!

Anyways I am sure those at the game will give much better accounts as to what went on but a few noteables were BOTH Gomes brothers, Cory in net and Matt Mori was a stud in the middle. Apparently the first goal was so badly blown by the linesman that the Millwal lads were pissed about it as well :confused:

Anyways, well done lads, especially all the BBy boys!

John

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
To all that say it was offside well I will say it wasn't. I was in line with the play and let's just say both timed their runs. Almost everyone that was sitting around me said the same as we all saw the play level with the linesman and it was definitely on but they almost blew it on top of that as their striker first hit the post and then put it in. Earlier Breuer made a nice kick save in the first and then did well to keep it at 2. Let's admit guys that 1)Millwall is not used to playing on grass that long 2)they must have been feeling todays run and 3)jet lag, they did touch down here Friday morning at 10. Not taking anything away from the local boys because they played one hell of a match but I feel that if Millwall was rested they would have put in a few more. Also KNVB yes today the skill level was comparable but what would it have been like if the whole 1st team of Millwall started which include Wise, Dicchio and a few others. As I stated above to me Mike Gomes was the VMSL's best player but a lot of others played very good. Great game and hopefully they can do this again next year.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My take...very cool.

First of all, huge props to the BCSA and VMSL for putting this together. The venue, although small & intimate, was packed. The backdrop couldn't have been any better, looking over Burke Mountain on a sunny day with some fluffy (yes, fluffy) white clouds passing overhead to provide some shade and cool things down for the guys a bit.

As Champlain's keeper stated, I'm sure we didn't see the best of them, but at the same time , I'm sure they were impressed with a few of the Metro guys who stood out. There was about 15 minutes at the beginning of the 2nd where TK was the best player on the pitch. As the game came to a close, O'Vanshagens and Veer stood out along the flanks. Even thought Notty only got 20 at the end, it appeared that the Millwall strikers wanted nothing to do with both he AND Millar inside 18. Who could blame them?

On the two Millwall goals...I was sitting on the South side of center, so we had a good look at both. From our standpoint, the first wasn't even close. I believe the VMSL backline was playing flat, as Miller had pushed forward, but it appeared both the Millwall players were well off. The crowd agreed, as PNE took a fair bit of abuse and boos for not lifting his flag (so what happened, PNE?). The second was a great run through, this time on-side. Again, you could tell by the crowd reaction that they all agreed it was clearly on.

What was the dinner like? Where did you guys go, and what was their take on the whole production?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumour has it that knvballboy did such a great job of ball shaging and boot polishing, that the PCSL Team wants to pick him up for Victoria on Wednesday. Contract negotiations are underway. The only problem, Hearts have heard how well the boots got polished and they want him to try out for thier full-time job. knvb in the SPL, who would have thought this could happen, best of luck BigMan.

hos

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0