Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Luc Bourdon Dies in Motorcycle accident.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: rip luc bourdon

so ****ing sad:(

What's this about? I can't find anything although when I googled it a French CBC site came up with something about a motorcycle accident but unfortunately I can't translate and the English site isn't working.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: rip luc bourdon

just saw on tsn but not on the we yet. apperently killed in a motor cycle accident..

speechless...............

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well ANOTHER motorcycle accident takes a life. I have seen this tragedy too many times in my line of work and I am getting sick of it.

Acknowledging that riding a bike can be one of the most enjoyable things you can do, the fact remains you are sharing the road with imbeciles. Then you get the speed demons on their rice rockets pushing the boundaries and the tragedies are abundant.

What an absolute tragedy. This guy was finally reaching the expectations thrust on him.

It's funny the reactions a death of a young athlete brings. We all can relate to the zeal and appreciation of playing a sport you love and getting paid for it. Then you wake up one morning, look outside the window, say to yourself, "I'm going for a ride" and you're gone.

Fate is fate. You guys on your bikes be smart.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was utterly shocked when I read that.

I was a big fan of his dating back to the WJHC in Vancouver in 06. He was immense in the game against Finland with a few crushing checks, major ice time, and a few really sweet plays that developed into goals...

He was named to the first all star team and lead all dmen in scoring with 6 points in 6 games at that toruney and attended Canucks camp that summer. He played well enough to make the Nucks, but they sent him back to junior after his 9th game... After that he was never really the same...

Whether or not he was going to be trade bait and play for another team is irrelevant, I thought he was going to break out this year after the games he played for the Nucks last year....

What a loss...too young to pass away.

I think everyone should hold off on their comments about what truly happened until the facts all come out...I know I learned that after feeling like an ass when that multiple homicide in Surrey went down...after making a comment about that Chris Mohan fellow. All we know is that he has passed, we know when he passed, and we know it involved a motorcycle.

I lost a friend who was just out of high school in a motorcycle accident that was low speed and didn't involve either alcohol or another vehicle. He was a very experienced rider (At the time 10+ years since he rode since he was quite young) and it was just a tragic, freak accident.
CTV.ca | Canucks' Luc Bourdon dies in motorcycle crash
Proteau said that the NHL has a tragic history of losing players to car accidents.

"It's a stark reminder that the hockey world isn't immune to the tragedies that happen everyday," he said.

Most recently, Atlanta Thrasher's centre Dan Snyder died in October, 2003, from injuries sustained when a car driven by star teammate Dany Heatley smashed into a wall. Heatley survived and was sentenced to three years probation for second-degree vehicular homicide, among other charges.

Carolina Hurricanes defenceman Steve Chiasson died in May, 1999 driving himself home drunk after a party held at a teammates' home.

In 1997, a limousine carrying Detroit Red Wing defenceman Vladimir Konstantinov hit a tree, leaving the rugged player in a coma for weeks and left him paralyzed for an extended period. He never played another game in the NHL.

In 1985, Philadelphia Flyer star goaltender Pelle Lindbergh died when he crashed his Porsche into a New Jersey elementary school.

RIP "LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUC"

Attachments

• 450_bourdon_0805292.jpg
    450_bourdon_0805292.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 1,323

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was 2005 the lockout year?

yes the nuckleheads got him in the draft the following year when pitsburg got crosby. i believe it was the draft lottery for all teams. canucks got lucky and moved about 15 spots from where they should have been.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes the nuckleheads got him in the draft the following year when pitsburg got crosby. i believe it was the draft lottery for all teams. canucks got lucky and moved about 15 spots from where they should have been.
My question was related to the list showing no hockey deaths in 2005...

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The paper is suggesting that there were two turns on this 9 Km stretch of highway and as he was rounding one of them a 70 kph cross wind might have sent his bike into the other lane where he collided with an oncoming semi.

I am with Ballbaby on this one. Riding these things is very exciting but the margin of error is so slim with these things that it doesn't take much to end a life or get very seriously injured.

The story suggests he told his mom who feared motorcycles that he didn't want to live in fear as he could die crossing the street or in a plane, however what he was missing in that is that a motorcycle is one of the most dangerous things when bad things happen.

Despite the stats on deaths and injuries being bad I worked with a VP at ICBC who had a motorcycle and he and two other senior managers rode all over the place and last I heard they are all still riding and retired and not injured. These guys knew the stats much like most of us do but they love them 'cycles.

I was also a bit surprised to read Mike Gillis the new GM's comments saying that he is going to review their policies on this type of thing. WTF!!! Can't that type of comment wait or be met with the comment - that this is not the time to be discussing this - let's focus on the sorrow of this guy's family, friends, team mates and community for now. His family and friends don't need to hear this now.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And the best one that will bring a huge smile to your face, let you in on maybe a small snapshot of the guy's character:

That was TIGHT man! TIGHT! :D

When the dancing girl swung her leg up on him, did anyone notice his hand clearly missed the leg? Luc had a handful of ASS!

Excellent stuff!

Most people that know me pretty well know that I have a bit of a constant jones-on for an adrenaline rush. Would you rather die alone of old age in a nursing home, or roll the dice once and a while, and maybe die in a fight to the death with a great white while surfing the Australian gold coast? Give me the open blue and lurking fish. Too many people forget to LIVE every day while living every day. So, from that standpoint, I can’t take issue w/ the kid and his choice at all.

Personally, I have had a very strong desire for a very long time for a street bike. But, when you have a young family dependant on Dad coming home, you tend to reel back some of those urges. When our first was born, I decided to put that particular little itch to bed permanently for the exact same reasons Balls and Reccos stated: the risk is way too high when you have to depend on the idiots on the road not hitting you. Because of that factor, I think w/ a street bike in particular your ticket will be punched eventually. It is inevitable: you will lay it down. And when that happens, the odds aren’t on the side of the rider. Sadly, young Luc’s ticket got punched way too early.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I lost a team mate of mine the day he bought a Harley. he had just got insurance on it. went on his first and only ride and was killed. RIP Luc. kind of reminds me of when the Flyers lost a young up and coming d-man in the boating accident in Kelowna.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0