Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Luongo a Canuck!!!

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great trade! Solved two problems in one deal. Now they have to convince Luongo's agent to sign a long term deal that by all accounts, seems unlikely.

Well done Knuckleheads!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great trade? Not really. If it were Burt and Auld I could see… Maybe if they can pick up something for Dan Cloutier now. I couldn’t possibly stand listening to another “goaltenders controversy” And wasn't Allen supposed to be the Canucks “the Future”. How much time and money did Burke invest into that guy?

Mixed feelings.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You just know Bert's gonna score 50 next year. Oh well, it's obvious it wasn't going to happen here.

I hope there is more to Nonis' master plan - a top 3 forward and a top 4 d-man need to be replaced.

If Jovo is gone our D looks bad.....Patrick Roy wouldn't be able to help us out.

A top 3 forward will be expensive - right now we look very light up front.

Mixed feelings as well.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The problem of signing him to a long-term deal now rests with Nonis. He seemed unfazed by the situation, noting that if Luongo can't be signed, he can be traded for more assets.
This is interesting...

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally showing some balls!
Great deal.

Auld...way over rated!
Allen...terrible!
Bert....Oh, well. Gotta give to get!

Well done!:wa:

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luongo will be the best Goalie the Canucks have ever had (sorry Kirk) but I don't really like this trade, Naslund is noting going to re-sign when his contract is up, in fact I bet he'll ask for a trade himself, Bert and Clout's for Luongo would have been ideal, now we won't get as much for Cloutier, when they trade him because teams know the Canucks have to move him, I hope they can re-sign Carter because the forwards are looking a bit weak, and if he goes then they would really be up shite creek, so all teh Bet haters got there wish, I hope he does what Thornton did this year, or something close to that 50+ goals would be nice to see, I hope all the arm chair G.M.s are happy now.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
An expensive goalie in a new league that depends on goal scoring. Hmnn, not really convinced with this trade. Too much time invested in Allen for him to be a throw-in, he has come around in the last few years and should have been more than a contract dump.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
How much time and money did Burke invest into that guy?

As usual you're out of the loop.
BURKE IS GONE!! Who cares what "he invested". It's Nonis' team now.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a side note:

Vigneualt has fired Johston and McIlhargy
Not sure if i like him already.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks wanted to go Jovo, and another dman for Luongo, but Florida wouldn't go for it. Jovo actually bought a new house in Florida and was hoping to go back.

We definately got the better deal as Bert did not want to play here anymore. Luongo is definately the best keeper we have had only Brodeur and McLean could even come close and all we do is bitch about keeping. Although I would have kept Auld and let Cloutier go instead.

Wait for it Jovonowski will get traded as well.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where to begin on this deal.

It definate the Canucks needed this trade to be done.
Bertuzzi was never going to be as good as he was in the past staying here in vancouver. It was only going to get worse for him. He had to go as it was best for Canucks and his career.

Luongo is arguably the second best goalie Canada has, behind Brodeur. The knock against him is he's never seen a playoff game in his NHL career and that's no better than having Cloutier. However, at least has had some competitive games for Canada under his belt which is like playoff competition.

Not overly worried about losing Allen as we get one back who's 2 years younger, and cheaper. Allen had 17 points in 77 games, Krajicek had 16 in 67 games. Where are they losing out? Maybe a few years of experience.

I think their biggest problem is keeping Naslund now that Bert is gone. Unless you match him up with another Swede (Cloutier to Toronto for Sundin :) ), then he's done after this year, if not sooner, which means another gap to fill.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jovo won't go, he's needed to much here with one eyed Ohlund and all the young boys, Bourdon, especially, they need someone to show them the ropes.
Putting Cloutier in instead of Auld is crazy. Cloutier by himself can get you much more in a trade than Auld.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You think he'll stay because he's "needed"? Even if money up front is equal, Florida has no state tax. About a 20% advantage right there, not to mention federal.

And, money asside, consider this...you're wife tells you she'll cross her legs till you sign back in Florida, or she'll take half your net worth in a divorce (because you are still in Canada, you know...no fault law). And, consider your net worth is in the 10-20 Million range, not a beat up VW and a bag of soccer balls.

What would you do?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was a statement from the teams point of view, not Jovo's but nice rant.
Good to see you still think every player moves to where the best taxes are instead of where their happy.
:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He was happy there before he was traded, his wife is from there, and he recently bought a home there.

What makes you think he isn't happy there? What fantacy land do you live in? Can you spend TTP tokens there like they are real dollars?

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jovo will be gone and Naslund will be soon behind him maybe even Morrison, this team is going to get overhauled bigtime.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jovo to Florida with Bert, will be signing as soon as his free agency in july. Wife wants him close to home and away from his girlfriend.

hos

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0