Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Malhotra's out for season

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will tell you that his career is done...just won't be made public at this point. Really sad.

Can't really say that, you don't know at this point. Same situation as Mattias Ohlund as they weren't sure if he'd get any of the vision back in his eye, but he was lucky enough that it did. We can only hope for the same for Manny, regardless if he can still play or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My source (a good one) says he won't see again and they 'just' saved the eye. I know the nucks won't go public with any of this and I really hope something changes down the road but it is very bleak.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My source (a good one) says he won't see again and they 'just' saved the eye. I know the nucks won't go public with any of this and I really hope something changes down the road but it is very bleak.

They've been skirting the issue for a week, emphasizing how he's very "emotional", and it's tough on the familly, etc.

It didn't seem to be even a question he was done for the season.

They haven't said it yet, but it sure did sound like he'd lost the eye in the sense of actually being able to see again out of it.

Don Taylor

Mar 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Malhotraian one will be greatly missed come playoff time.. Its not his goals nor his assists that made him so valuable.. The fact he could win a faceoff on the penalty kill in the defensive zone so consistently would eat up major time for the opposition powerplay. Hence why are PK has been so good this year. Hopefully this will pull the group closer together down the stretch and through the playoffs, though we hoped this last time when Pyatt's wife was killed in the car crash. Really to bad this happened.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I missed it, not to be a bit of a morbid troll here, or an ambulance chaser, but I haven't even seen the incident, anyone got a link to the video?

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The worst part is this was all preventable. Visor = no injury. That's the risk you run I guess. Still a sad day.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mostly sad because he seems like a genuinely good guy, and a great influence on the team. You don't like seeing "good guys" like this lose their careers to freak injuries.

Hate to say it, but why couldn't this happen to Cooke?

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mostly sad because he seems like a genuinely good guy, and a great influence on the team. You don't like seeing "good guys" like this lose their careers to freak injuries.

Hate to say it, but why couldn't this happen to Cooke?

Agreed

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The worst part is this was all preventable. Visor = no injury. That's the risk you run I guess. Still a sad day.

Pretty sure that at whatever level it is
They can stop wearing them, 99% of them do. It's a vision thing.

Risky yes, but comfort comes first.
Kinda like Gretzky and the plastic helmet he used to wear. In today's game, one collision or head shot and he'd have been done much sooner in his career.
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
^^^ Disagree...hockey will take up maybe 10-15 yrs of adulthood. Now Manny won't be seeing out of that eye ever again. Cost-benefit analysis...you get used to a visor, you don't ever get used to being fcuking blind in one eye...Comfort can shove it, I wanna be able to see my kids grow up with BOTH eyes.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree w/ Berg. Besides, I'd say it's more like 50/50 who keep them after junior now. There is no excuse- you have to wear it in Junior, thus you do get used to it. The vision thing is no excuse- the Oakley shields are so clear, and fog up rarely. Besides, for the money invested in teams / players now, a team can keep a constant supply of the things in the trainer room...when they get scratched or worn to the point they are not clear enough, replace it.

It's simply a machoism thing now, and that's all. The comfort issue is a short term thing anyone can suck up and get used to.

Don Taylor

Mar 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

a close up shows a visor would not have stopped the puck the way it delflected and rolled up from the stick...

A fluke/freak injury is what took place here.

preventable??? u dont know that

geezer

Aug 9, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe Vignaught will give Hodgson a real look see now, but i see it is Bulduc called up. Silly. Big blow but injuries are part of the game, and it is also someone elses opportunity to shaw what they can do. Again, Bulduc we know what he does ...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0