Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Man United vs MLS Allstars July 28th in Houston

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Game is tonight and is on GolTV starting at 5:30PM Pacific - not sure if Shaw will carry the HD version as they have done so occasionally, anyone know?

I predict 3-2 Allstars.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
MUFC are 1.57 to 1.00 favourites. I wouldn't be suprised if they play a lot of starters, they have in the past.

I am saying 3-1 MU.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
5-2 final... I didn't see a stitch of it, good game? Was it on Shaw in HD anywhere?

4th largest attendance ever for an Allstar game in any sport in the Excited States.

I see the Whitecaps "won" the halftime toss. So they get first pick in something that I can't figure out.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I predict 3-2 Allstars.

You have Liverpool and United mixed up ;)

Lumping ........ 5-2. Macheda with 2, Gibson, Cleverly and Hernandez for United.

Incredibly, this is the first Premier team that have beaten the MLS All-Stars in regular time ??!! Shoc-king .......

Fergie's next crop of kids seem to be on the verge of finally breaking into the first team. Macheda (19), Gibson (23), Cleverly (21) and Hernandez (22) amongst many others will hopefully see some quality playing time this year.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw the highlights. WOW! Another crop of wonderkids. Cleverly's finish was world class as was Gibson's free kick. Fergie looks to have done it again.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
5-2 final... I didn't see a stitch of it, good game? Was it on Shaw in HD anywhere?

4th largest attendance ever for an Allstar game in any sport in the Excited States.

I see the Whitecaps "won" the halftime toss. So they get first pick in something that I can't figure out.

no Hd for the match ...picture was god awful... i could bare the first 20 mins before the headache set in... U didnt miss much ... The picture in standard def on GOL has to be one of the worst i've seen..

as for the coin flip..

"That win gives Vancouver the option of taking the first pick in either the MLS expansion draft of unprotected players in November or the SuperDraft of eligible college and youth players in January. They have to make that choice by Aug. 11."

Read more: Whitecaps win MLS expansion coin flip

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
pp, the coin flip determines first pick on 7 topics.
Expansion draft Order
Allocation order (Players returning to MLS from overseas as Free Agents)
Superdraft
First right of refusal on players coming up from Tier 2 (USL/NASL)
First right of refusal on negotiating with DP
First right of refusal on players claimed on discovery agreements
and one other that escapes me at the moment,... MLS rules are hard to understand... ;)

The Caps will pick which one they want first pick at, then the Timbers pick, then the Caps Pick, etc.

If I'm The Caps brass, I'd likely choose the Allocation first, as you get first kick at players coming this way from overseas. Superdraft will alwyas be a crap shoot, and since there is going to be many players left unprotected in exp draft, there is going to be a bunch of guys you either want or don't want, but no game breakers... This is where the depth will come from.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0