Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

March Madness 2005

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched Washington and their midget leader take down Arizona. I've seen Washington play a couple times this year and they don't look like a team that is going to score 70-80 points but then they do and look good doing it. The win today should get them a 3 seed for sure and maybe a 2.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Concerned? Nah. It wasn't an impressive ACC tourney, but in the words of hoops guru Steven (Screamin) A. Smith..."HOW-Ev-Uh":

Look at it like this. Wrapping up an ACC regular season title means a lot more than the postseason tourney does. That's a given. Granted, UNC floated through Clemson, and ran into a rolling Tech team...and got burned. Their play over the past two games has been sub-par. But it's not like the Jackets are a bunch of scrubs. GT was ranked as high as 3rd in the nation this year before running into a littany of injuries. I'd hardly consider losing in the ACC semis (especially when McCants had an open look at the buzzer to tie it) to last year's national runners-up a major "cause for concern", especially when you consider Wake got pistol-whipped by the Wolfpack (yes, without Paul, but it's still an ass-kicking) in the quarters. If anything, the only major downfall from the UNC loss will be possibly blowing a #1 seed, which probably won't happen anyways. My bracket has Illinois, Kentucky, UNC and Duke as the four #1s, but only if Dook wins the ACC tourney. Otherwise it'll be Wake.

At the risk of sounding like "that guy" because my team lost to them, I will say that Tech looks great, and playing their best ball of the season. I watched both ACC tourney wins over UNC and VaTech, and they seem to be gelling at the right time. Will Bynum is playing tremendous basketball right now, and Jarret Jack is money in the bank. I'd put them and Florida as the most likely 3/4 seeds to crack the final four.

Just finished watching the Pac-10 final as well (cable access at work...gotta love it) and Arizona just fcuked their chance at a #1 seed. Washington heads into the tourney on a major high, possibly a #2 seed in their future? Good win for the Huskies, although I think Arizona has a more well-equipped team to make a run in the tourney. I think Stoudamire could challenge Reddick for the title of best shooter in america.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Bracket is out...

Seeds
Illionois in the Midwest #1
Duke in the south
NC in the East
and the big shocker Washington in the West???

I didn't think Duke would get the one seed, but they did win the ACC and did play well against NC in both games.... Shitty losses to maryland... and poor holders of holding leads, as tehy almost blew it today against georgia tech.

Washington was ranked 13 in the country and is now a #1 seed. i thought for sure they would give kentucky the #1 even thouhg they lost there conference to florida today.

i would have rather seen duke as a 2 or 3 seed, and then i would feel more confident of them winning the championship!!! but u never know!!!

Go Duke.com !!! :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would have to say that North CArolina has the most difficult bracket, with Illinois second, Duke third, and Washington 4th. I agree, BJB. How the fcuk did Washington get a number one seed? Very surprising to say the least.

I love this tournament. Let the games begin.

Early upset calls....

Pennsylvania over Boston College

Northern Iowa over Wisconsin

UTEP over Utah

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

Your bang on....Carolina has a very tough bracket...........Possible match-up with Florida in the Regional Semi-Final. Add Kansas and UCON and those four could easily have been a final four.

My early upsets:

Old Dominion over Michigan State
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee over Alabama.

SandmanmissesgoingtoVegasforMarchMadness

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei no comment on Washingon's #1 ranking?? Is it because they are your secret team to win it all in the Pool we will be having??? :eek:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0