Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Masters BC Provincial Draw 2009

Final Four Power Rankings: Who should be #1?

• Columbus FC

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • UVIC Alumni

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Westside

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • West Van FC

Votes: 22 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cside (Congrats by the way) can confirm, but I thought North Shore was the name of the league, and Vikings was the name of the team that played UVIC.

Sir M.

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Sir M, same to both yourself and DCR20 on impressive wins last night.

I can confirm it was Uvic 3-Vikings 0. Apparently score not reflective on the game!

I think we did not play to our potential today, and were a little lucky at times! The Ref was a bit off an idiot, but I thought he got the penalty call correct, 1-0 Coveside, they got a red on the play, not sure if it was a 2nd yellow, or a yellow, then chirped himself to a red?

Scored on a turnover about 78 min, then a late one to make it 3-0.

Fairly spirited clean game. Congrats to the RCIU guy's on a successful season!

They are a big team, but all they do is lump it up the field to Matty( I remember him from 20yrs ago), and there other big guy. Very little mid field involvement for either team.

Nice to chat with some old Club I boys from way back! Capt S, missed you there, hope the gals did well!

We will need more than 1.5 subs for the island trip next week. So here's hoping?

If anyone is interested, our usual match reporters being injured did a minute by minute report, can be found here....

CovesideFC | Forum

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Major upset!!!!

Delta 2 vs Sapperton 1 in the shootout!!!

Just got the low-down from my bro-in-law minutes ago!!!

Well done boys!!!

Onto WV next week - should be another cracker.

Can't wait for the game recap!!!

4ST OUT!!!!:bronco::bronco:

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Major upset!!!!

Delta 2 vs Sapperton 1 in the shootout!!!

Just got the low-down from my bro-in-law minutes ago!!!

Well done boys!!!

Onto WV next week - should be another cracker.

Can't wait for the game recap!!!

4ST OUT!!!!:bronco::bronco:

WOW!

Can't wait to hear whataboutbob explain this away!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Sir M, same to both yourself and DCR20 on impressive wins last night.

I can confirm it was Uvic 3-Vikings 0. Apparently score not reflective on the game!

I think we did not play to our potential today, and were a little lucky at times! The Ref was a bit off an idiot, but I thought he got the penalty call correct, 1-0 Coveside, they got a red on the play, not sure if it was a 2nd yellow, or a yellow, then chirped himself to a red?

Scored on a turnover about 78 min, then a late one to make it 3-0.

Fairly spirited clean game. Congrats to the RCIU guy's on a successful season!

They are a big team, but all they do is lump it up the field to Matty( I remember him from 20yrs ago), and there other big guy. Very little mid field involvement for either team.

Nice to chat with some old Club I boys from way back! Capt S, missed you there, hope the gals did well!

We will need more than 1.5 subs for the island trip next week. So here's hoping?

If anyone is interested, our usual match reporters being injured did a minute by minute report, can be found here....

CovesideFC | Forum

Sorry, I missed you C-side. Congratulations on the win. :)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB 5 for 5 in predictions

Good job on the predictions WAB, but what happened to not looking past Delta. Well done boys, good win, did Dolie do the job for the PK's?
They are a good team, won the league this year, but everyone thought Sapp would shitt kick them, NOT.

Funny thing, Delta vs. WV. should be a cracker match, no one picked itm but it will be great, and it is in Delta, they are tough at home.

Hey WAB, I am going to head out to watch that one, do you and Rene want to join me, I will bring a blanky.

Thanks for making my day Delta, go on Boys.

hos

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shammers...haven't seen you in donkeys so I figured we'd get to have a chinwag and a couple of cheeky ones at the Coveside /RCIU tilt. Shame you missed it. RCIU could have done with you in the middle of the park today.

Very even first half. RCIU played the better football in the 2nd but we kept our defensive shape well and scored on the counter. Nice to see a few old faces from RCIU. Well done to the Coveside boys!

Shammers.Maybe next time brother...

servmaster

Sep 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yippee! Delta win's on peno's and it was Larry in goal not Doalie:wa:
Doalie did score on the first peno though:p
An amazing performance by everyone, well done and on to the next round!

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game between Sapperton and Delta. Both teams left everything on the pitch. Play was fairly even. Sap with the early goal (may have been an OG) and plenty of pressure to follow. Fast Larry made a few nice saves to keep Delta in it. Once Delta settled in they played very well. Did not get many shots on goal but had chances. Scored mid way into 2nd half.

Personally I thought Sap tried to be too precise in the attacking 3rd. Sometimes making the extra pass instead of trying a shot on goal.

Both keepers made a save in PK's, Larry with 2. Overall all I think it was a fair result as the game could have gone either way. When it comes to PK's it really is who has more luck on their side.

Congrats to both sides as it was a great effort and a great games to watch.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Delta....Enjoy WAB

In my opinion, and yes i did see it.

Sapp jammied out of way to many tackles and could not keep up to Delta.

Delta wanted it more and Sapp looked passed them...Pure and Simple. :D

Oh well WAB....Better luck next year pal!

If Sapp could have made a few more adjustments then maybe a different result????

Well done Delta...Absolutley Magic Boys!

WoW! Karma is a bitch and will bite you in the ass everytime you !
Nice:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shammers...haven't seen you in donkeys so I figured we'd get to have a chinwag and a couple of cheeky ones at the Coveside /RCIU tilt. Shame you missed it. RCIU could have done with you in the middle of the park today.

Very even first half. RCIU played the better football in the 2nd but we kept our defensive shape well and scored on the counter. Nice to see a few old faces from RCIU. Well done to the Coveside boys!

Shammers.Maybe next time brother...

Absolutely, Gaffa. :) And again, congrats on the win today. As for me being in the middle......believe me I would not have helped. :D

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Job West Van!

They scored with 30 seconds to go on a great corner.

We were not good enough today and West Van wanted it maybe just a bit more.

Congrats to the West Van boys as they have some awesome guys on that team.

Holly Cow did Ian Mclean and Stevie Mack from West Van ever earn thier pay checks today...Great Job Big Boys!

Barry went down 15 minutes into the game and West Van never stopped working all game.

We need to Re Tool and possibly Re Build a team that has had a Great Provincial Cup run the last few years.

I am proud of our guys and enjoy the team very much...That being said, things are going to change. They have to !

Good luck West Van... I hope you boys win it all. Good guys and Sir M does deserve a chance at the Big Dance.

Good Luck Boys!

NOt too much to add as a spectator but GREAT battle! I have seen better soccer but this was really a tactical/ physical match. neither team had a ton of chances. I think westvan wanted it more THIS year and that was maybe the difference? Two Class sides and good battle!

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Close game, quite different than last year, definitely less physical.

Totally disagree, thought this was a very physical match in the middle of the park. Thought the ref was great letting each team play. game could have gone either way, Surrey is a CLASS SIDE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0