Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Merry Christmas vs Happy Holidays

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone else feel like this has gotten to be ridiculous? The political correctness of the season has gotten nauseating. You have a woman on the island taking her kid out of school because the Christmas assembly had too many refernces to Christmas????????? Thoughts? :bronco:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's all retarded to me, Santa's in Australia being canned for saying 'ho, ho, ho'? Give me a break. In my mind, it's not offensive to say Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah or whatever holiday you have, as you're not putting down someone else's. To say fcuk Christmas, or something to that degree, that would be offensive. Just my thought.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikhs celebrate Christmas. So we are not offended. Talking to friends from other cultures, they all say the same as.

I think most of the opposition to Christmas/Halloween etc comes from Jehovaws(sp?) Witnesses.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jay-Dubs and other folks that have narrow minded thought processes...
As long as we still live in a non church-state world I am cool with Public schools etc being free from Christmas Plays etc...but to go as far as telling Mall Employees, Store clerks, etc to not say Merry Christmas after they just bought $450 in Christmas presents is going a bit too far to the PC side if you ask me.

I like what IS21 has to say, I can wish anyone a happy Christmas/Hannukah/Dwali/Kwaanzaa/Ramadan/Festivus but as soon as I get all scrooge, I am the one offending.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had someone paint a christmas scene on my store front window and she suggested I only use Happy Holidays as we'd upset several people otherwise.
People are way too opinionated and if they don't like it move underneath a rock where they can bitch to themselves.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't know therob was Jewish?

Festivis is the best holiday around, feats of strength, can't beat it.

Christmas isn't even a Religious holiday any more, its all about retail sales and what presents people get, who is Baby Jesus, Santa is the king now, pretty sad.

hos

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
When you live in a supposed FREE COUNTRY... you have the right to say anything you want as long as you arent putting down someone else. To say Merry Christmas to anyone is not puttin them down. If they say I'm jewish, then most people would say sorry Happy Hanuka (sp) instead as they are trying to wish them happiness, and not based on their personal religion. It's gone way too far.. I AM NOW OFFENDED that I am not supposed to say it, or that people wont say it to me... So how are we going to fix that scenario!!!

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's all retarded to me, Santa's in Australia being canned for saying 'ho, ho, ho'? Give me a break.

They had an interview with the employer in Australia and apparently, he had one ho riding his crotch, one on his face and the other tweaking his nipples. There are always extenuating circumstances:D

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
They had an interview with the employer in Australia and apparently, he had one ho riding his crotch, one on his face and the other tweaking his nipples. There are always extenuating circumstances:D

Then he should have gotten a raise for pulling that off :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pretty sure TheRob is either Jewish, or Scotish, or a Scotish Jew.

Come to think of it, he may be a Fin- they're cheep too.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This reminds me: I wanted to wish a Happy Hanukkah to TheRob.
Thanks Dude.

Up here in Kamloops we celebrate Christmas and no one cares whether we say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays. As long as it has a "pardner" after it.

Merry Christmas to all my TTP friends that I don't see anymore. We hope you have a good one in the rain. ;-)

Even you HOS. And you too KNVB. Even though you are a cnut.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
just another sign the end is near. when right will be seen as wrong and wrong seen as right. it's all part of the down fall of mankind...er peoplekind....oh did I just offend someone damn it lock me up....wiat they don't have junk food in prison.... I hope I didn't offend the prison cooks now.........ah crap MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE even you Charlie Brown.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0