Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mesh Behing the Goals at Canuck Games

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My wife and I are inquiring about purchasing Canuck/Leaf tickets and knowing that the price for those games are being increased, we have decided to purchase tickets that are less expensive - meaning we are destined to sit near the nose bleeds behind the goal.

If memory serves, all NHL arenas are to have mesh behind the goals in response to the little girl that was killed in Columbus last year at a Blue Jackets game.

Before my wife spends half the day on the phone trying to buy tickets tomorrow, does anyone know the effect the mesh will have on sightlines from those areas behind the goal?

I did see someone on TSN from the Leafs adminstration mentioning that it wouldn't be a problem but this is the same person who's head will roll if ticket sales go down.

An info would be appreciated :D

Cheers

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go get a net and look through it...that is the best advice I can give you. Save yourself some money and go watch the best Canadian team in the league the HABS. This way tickets are a bit less and you can sit in the middle and the netting won't affect you and your wife's view.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For what its worth ...

Those fans with end-zone seats at GM Place for Tuesday's game can expect to see the league's newly mandated protective netting, but according to assistant GM Dave Nonis the view of the game hasn't changed much at all.

"People will have to adjust, but I sat behind it in Edmonton and you couldn't tell it was there once the game started," Nonis said of the black mesh that has been installed as a result of last year's death of 13-year-old Brittanie Cecil in Columbus. "Unless you are looking to find it, I don't think it will be a factor."

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jonsey

I was at the game tonight. Yes the mesh is there,but its not a hinderance. Nobody around us was moaning. The 'nucks were crap. Jovo could end up on the farm if he keeps that up. Crap.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crrrrrrrrrrap

I don't think many will complain about the mesh. Too politically incorrect, for one, plus it was long overdue.

I actually like sitting in those lower end zone seats, about row 10. To me, it is the best alternative to the much more expensive lower bowl seating (corners or centre ice). They are cheep tickets, so you tend to get the "real" hockey fans, not just business exects or the yuppies from the Club section. You're close to the ice, so you get a good feel of the atmosphere, and can hear everything happening. It makes for a fun night!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little mesh, Or Puck in the Head

You see a lot of young famillies or father and son, sitting behind the net because those tickets are available and they are not as expensive as the ones between the blue lines.

If the mesh saves one life or serious injury in the future it is doing its job.
Ya, we as a society have become a little over protective when it comes to some things, but if one little girl can lose her life, it is common sense that nets go up around the league.

HOSwillbesittingabovetheNet:(

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0