Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mitchell fired

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
We already had the current FIFA technical director and our heroes did not want to deal with him.

Sorry, no true expert will succeed with this lot.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oranje,

That's pretty much how I feel as well.

Canadian players need to wake the fcuk up and realise they are, well, players from Canada, a lowly ranked footballing nation. Until they shut up and just play, this group will go nowhere.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once again, Canada has shown no progress, they keep looking for someone to take them through WC qualifying, and when you are making that kind of money you have to show results. Not surprising that Dale has moved over for someone new... good question if we can afford anyone with better qualifications...

Amazing that kids coming through the system these days have no tactical awareness -- are there no Cdn coaches teaching anything but skills and running drills? We seem to be a long way from being successful at any level.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once again, Canada has shown no progress, they keep looking for someone to take them through WC qualifying, and when you are making that kind of money you have to show results. Not surprising that Dale has moved over for someone new... good question if we can afford anyone with better qualifications...

Amazing that kids coming through the system these days have no tactical awareness -- are there no Cdn coaches teaching anything but skills and running drills?[/COLOR] We seem to be a long way from being successful at any level.

this has been my long time shout about this country, and it all starts from the top and filters down,
most certified coaches coach from a book and stick to it rigid

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just hope they bring in a guy with a British accent. Instant credibility.
maybe bluebird & the bigbag (MILLS) will team up just like old times @ mundy 4,that would be good ..a big man from glasgow & a elgerlish lad from barrow on ferness:cool:both have funny accents

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
maybe bluebird & the bigbag (MILLS) will team up just like old times @ mundy 4,that would be good ..a big man from glasgow & a elgerlish lad from barrow on ferness:cool:both have funny accents

yeah right he can carry my water bottles ;)

Hawkvalley

Mar 17, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sad for Mitchell. DeGuzman. A shite desterber. Every dog gets his day in the hot park.
Deguzman will get his.
Here we go again. Ten more years in a rebuilding stage. A frigen joke.
Best of luck to Mitchell.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should of hired a Brazilian to take us to Brazil..Hart dosnt even know where Brazil is.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why shouldn't we?

Instead we hire someone from within who hasn't qualified us for anything! That's progress... the CSA way!

And we wonder why players choose to play for other nations?

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is only 2 possible ways to start fixing the problem's of canadian soccer..

1) Some one drain the CSA bank account in which forces them into bankruptcy

2) throw a molotov cocktail through the CSA office window's and burn that bitch down

Hart was hired because he comes with a low price tag and The CSA lacks an out of the box thinking mentality ...

cheers to 4 more years of failure on the world stage

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pitty none of us soccer lovers will ever see Canada reach another world cup.
:(
Still, I will cheer our boys on.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am all for having someone from outside Canada come in to manage the team, I just think it is juvenile (no offense intended Ghouse) to automatically state that they should have hired a Brazilian. Also: Hart's record with the team hasn't been all that bad between his two stints.

The problems and troubles with the CSA run a lot deeper than just who is managing the MNT.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mean nothing tournaments like the Gold Cup is not what I would put a lot of stock in. Nobody else in CONCACAF does.

Besides, with the lack of character possessed by the current players on the team and the lack of talent coming up over the next few years, we're not going to qualify no matter who the coach is. Best we save our money and put it to use in other, more important and much needed areas like a developmental model that looks like junior hockey.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am referring to a few years back when we had the chance to hire the Brazilian who took , I think it was Jamaica to the world cup. And passed for a Canadian who is still being paid, and why we cannot afford a better than average Canadian Coach now.
I believe we need to bring in a foren coach from a soccer spacific country because not only will we have a great coach but bring in a whole new attitude. And restructure as much as a coach can restructure a team. And maybe just maybe someone at the CSA will learn from this new person and help change things.
I also believe a South American Coach over a European coach for the simple fact ,we have tried European Coaches before.
I also love the South American style of soccer better.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mean nothing tournaments like the Gold Cup is not what I would put a lot of stock in. Nobody else in CONCACAF does.

Besides, with the lack of character possessed by the current players on the team and the lack of talent coming up over the next few years, we're not going to qualify no matter who the coach is. Best we save our money and put it to use in other, more important and much needed areas like a developmental model that looks like junior hockey.

Love the idea, and it has been debated to death on these boards. The major obstacle I see in this type of plan come w/ the allmighty dollar. Junior hockey has revenue streams coming in to support the system, much of it gate driven.

I can't see there being anywhere near the same revenue streams coming in for junio soccer.

That said, you now have two legit MLS teams; maybe this can be pulled off on a Micro scale and by working w/ the local & island mens leagues. I.e.: what Whitecaps residency is doing now in the FVSL.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The problems and troubles with the CSA run a lot deeper than just who is managing the MNT.

Define management. ARe you referring to Dr.President?

thats a pretty bold statement... something to back that up?

Who the fuk does The CSA Prez have to answer to?

Why do we have some italian with doctorate running the show?

Political bullshit!

read away.. The parts in red piss me off!

c/p

MONTREAL,QC — The Canadian Soccer Association concluded its December Board of Directors meeting on Sunday, December 6. Highlights from the meeting included the approval of the Association’s 2010 budget, the approval in principal of the new governance framework, and the unanimous approval of Stephen Hart’s hiring as the new national head coach.

Of note, the approved budget promises greater programming for Canada ’s national youth and development teams in 2010. That schedule not only includes the men’s and women’s U-20 and U-17 programs that will all take part in qualification matches this year, but also the renewed youth and Olympic development programs. In all, there will be 10 national programs in operation this coming year.

At the full national level, both the men’s and women’s programs have been committed to play two home international games in 2010. This will mark the first time in 11 years that both national programs play multiple home games in the same year. The women are scheduled to play two home games in the spring while the men are scheduled to play two home games in September. Dates and opponents will be announced at a later date.

In 2010, Canada’s men’s national team will be under the stewardship of Stephen Hart, who loses the interim tag and becomes Canada ’s full-time head coach. Mr. Hart’s hiring received unanimous approval from the Association’s Board of Directors. Hart’s task will be to lead Canada to the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil. The Brazil 2014 qualification process is expected to begin in 2012; along the way, Mr. Hart’s team will take part in numerous preparatory international friendly matches as well as the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

As for the women’s national team, it will have an important year as it prepares for the 2010 CONCACAF Women’s Gold Cup. The confederation championship is also the qualification tournament for the FIFA Women’s World Cup Germany 2011. Since 1994, Canada has qualified for every FIFA Women’s World Cup (Sweden 1995, USA 1999, USA 2003 and China 2007). Canada ’s best result was fourth-place, bronze-medal finish at USA 2003 (both third- and fourth-place teams won bronze that year).

Also this weekend, the Board of Directors approved in principal a new governance framework. This new framework, which was presented by the Constitution Committee, will provide the Canadian Soccer Association with greater efficiency and accountability, not to mention the momentum to achieve the strategic goals of the Membership. The governance framework will again be reviewed at the next Board of Directors meeting in March 2010.

At the professional level, the Professional Soccer Committee reported to the Board of Directors that work was progressing on the new Pro Soccer Standards. Of note, the Committee had met with representatives of the Canadian Soccer League as part of the ongoing discussions towards the CSL membership of the CSA. The Canadian Soccer Association granted the CSL with conditional Membership approval at the Annual General Meeting in 2009 providing that the CSL meets the guidelines in the Pro Soccer Standards.

The Canadian Soccer Association supports 871,893 registered members, the largest sport participation total in Canada. More than 75,000 Canadians have taken a community coaching course in their province or territory with more than 500 having completed the “A” or “B” Licensed national course. There are also more than 17,500 registered referees with 36 officials on the National List operating at the professional level.

To date, Canada ’s national teams have won seven confederation championships. At the full national level, Canada has won the 1985 CONCACAF Men’s Championship, the 2000 CONCACAF Gold Cup (men) and the 1998 CONCACAF Women’s Championship. At the youth level, Canada has won the 1986 and 1996 CONCACAF Men’s Under-20 Championship and the 2004 and 2008 CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship. Canada was also Olympic champions in 1904.

The Canadian Soccer Association’s mission is to provide leadership in the pursuit of excellence in soccer, both nationally and internationally, in cooperation with its members and partners. The Canadian Soccer Association’s vision is leading Canada to victory and Canadians to a life-long passion for soccer.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
djones ,I hate to agree with you but your probably right. Were doomed.
I love the Jr hockey idea, the only problem with that is way to many VMSL Premier teams dont want change. They just want to keep everything the way it is.
Thank god change is comeing and BC will be united together. As it should.(BCPL)
Soon more younger players comeing up all over BC will get to play at a higher level.
And when teams travelling come to town crowds may start to come out.
Going to a game may become the Norm like hockey. We do need to change the time of year we play, I really do feel that will help. But Baby steps for now.
If we all could just get along ,Just Imagine a Soccer team from Most BC Cities in a league like hockey. Small stadiums (500-1000) fans. Watchin our game. Beers flowin. CheeseBurgers. Then Soccer would grow in BC. But it wont in the winter with 10 peeps standing in the rain to watch. It never will. What we need is all the leagues to join together as in hockey. And play in the Summer. Cause you cant compete with hockey,,,And football for that matter.In the Winter/Fall.
Most of you dont realize how many wicked players there are here in Van. They just dont want to play in this god awful weather we play in. And when summer comes here they show up and see how bad the summer soccer is and how bad the Officiateing is and say screw it im going to the beach.
I know because I go to all the ethnic tournaments/games where these guys and big crowds go to take part in this game for just a weekend. So much talent and when you ask them to play they all say ..in the winter..are you crazy... We could have a way stronger soccer community if the season took place in the summer. Way way more players,Way more good players to choose from.
Infact More fans go to the Multicultural league finals at Swanguard than the Provincial finals in...PAU ?
Oh and how many peeps show up to the Nations cup? Whould they have those crowds in December...?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0