Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLS Caps Identity confirmed

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am a little disappointed with the Eastern Canadian sponsor like Bell. Telus would have been better. How about a world brand like Blackberry (Canadian) or EA Sports (strong Burnaby presence). Why not go all out and get Apple to rival Microsoft in Seattle?

All I'll say here is $$$ talks. None of us know what went on behind closed doors, and at the end of the day, the sponsor that kicks in the best overall offering will win the day. Who knows if those other firms were even in the running, or even interested.

Remember what Bell did w/ their Olympic advertizing? They are heavily involved in sports, and cross promote like crazy. This has to be attractive as a "new" brand to the markets, which the new WFC essentially is.

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
icon1.gif
VANCOUVER WHITECAPS NEW LOGO

These guys just don,t have a feel for Football. The new LOGO is shite.
Its virtually a copy of a car manufacturer VW !!!!!!!!!!!!​
paperclip.png
Attached Thumbnails

VOLKSWAGEN WHITECAPS

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A sponsor's just a sponsor. Telus should have stepped up but obviously didn't...just like the Olympics. Look at Toronto FC and their sponsor; the Bank of MONTREAL

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who knows what is up with Telus these days.

They are in the process of rebranding Telus TV to Optik TV (what a stupid move if you ask me - Optik? :rolleyes:) and didn't they buy Bell Expressvu not too long ago and rebrand it to Telus Direct?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, it seems the Caps identity ain't so bad in the pacific northwest.

Having a look at this "presentation" yesterday in Portland done during the US v England game, I can't help but think the chanters were spot on (at about the 2:40 mark):

What an underwhelming way to present your new brand :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0